Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 1:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:45 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1943post #29131 of 483122/16/14 at 1:11pmpost #29132 of 483122/16/14 at 1:11pmpost #29133 of 483122/16/14 at 1:12pmpost #29134 of 483122/16/14 at 1:54pmpost #29135 of 483122/16/14 at 4:22pm
bout 4500 on the GMT master and 3300 on the oyster date. thats what my boss wants anyways, we shall see how it plays out.Quote:Originally Posted by Betelgeuse
Found this account on instagram. This one looks pretty sick. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
id call it a cool desk ornament.Quote:
cray cray rite? and it runs like new.post #29136 of 483122/16/14 at 6:26pmpost #29137 of 483122/16/14 at 6:53pmpost #29138 of 483122/16/14 at 7:15pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by Betelgeuse
For the price I found on Google, I take the Jaeger LeCoultre Duometre Shperotourbillon. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
a beauty. but hard to compare because the JLC is an actual watch and the MB&F HM4 is a toy.post #29139 of 483122/16/14 at 7:55pmpost #29140 of 483122/16/14 at 10:36pmpost #29141 of 483122/17/14 at 3:05ampost #29142 of 483122/17/14 at 3:11ampost #29143 of 483122/17/14 at 4:24amQuote:Originally Posted by Kaplan
Review of the Jules Verne strap here, by a (former) SF member.
Was that strap review by Gazman70K?
If so, he was on SF until early last year, when he seemed to decide to take a break after his epic thread on his and maomao's Italian tailoring journey.
He still sometimes blogs (along with one or two others, I believe) at "The Sydney Tarts", a blog about watches and also about food in Sydney.post #29144 of 483122/17/14 at 4:56amQuote:Originally Posted by Betelgeuse
Found this account on instagram. This one looks pretty sick.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not my cup of tea but the details and workmanship is amazing. I had the pleasure of meeting Maximilian Büsser the creator of MBnF last year, he is very nice bloke and very passionate about his watches.
If I were to pick a watch from the brand it will be one the LM1 Legacy Machine.post #29145 of 483122/17/14 at 8:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Newcomer
So, what do y'all think about the new Piaget Altiplano 900P? I feel like it may be met with mixed reviews around these parts.
38mm in width, 3.85mm in height.
Price will be around $25k, so while not inexpensive, I think it is fair for what is inarguably a piece of haute horologie.
Personally, I am kind of in love with it. I find it fascinating, and an ingenious way of reducing the thickness of a watch without making it too flimsy. From the hands on reviews I have read, everyone has remarked at how sturdy it feels, which is often a criticism of the ultra thin watches.
Although I feel the white gold will be more popular, I kind of like the rose and grey. I may have to check one of these out in the metal!
I really like them a lot. Its a watch I definitely look forward to seeing in person. In fact, it was the only watch released at SIHH that I thought was fresh, interesting, and could some day be on my list of must haves. Granted, I have not seen it yet in person, but I really like it. Its definitely a brand that is IMHO, very under appreciated, but their quality and workmanship is top notch. While not a member of the Big Three, its a brand who's quality, complications, and workmanship are such that IMHO, its a direct competitor with them (other than in terms of popularity...its not as well known as the Big Three).
Its also nice to see a brand come up with a new concept for an ultra-thin. Today, it seems most brands just focus on making bigger & thicker watches, with little regard to how many people can truly wear oversized watches without looking like they borrowed a watch belonging to an bigger brother who hits the gym a lot more frequently. Kudos to Piaget for offering something different and in a wearable size!
I love seeing older watches that have all their boxes, papers, and other items that were provided to owners when the watches were cool. Pocket watches never really excite me, even from the big three...but again for an older watch to have boxes and papers, you know the owner cherished it and took good care of it. Spending Sunday with some nice watches, sounds pretty good to me.Quote:
Name of it....Metal Rocket Boobs...seems like an accurate name for that one. While I like seeing companies do something different, I just wouldn't spend good money on something that really isn't wearable to anything other than a Mad Max or Star Trek convention.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Why is Moncler so expensive? 49 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 8 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 12 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway