They had the orange bezeled PO 2500. It did not have applied indices.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:42 pm in Classic Menswear
- Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com? Last post on 2/1/16 at 9:53am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1938
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #29057 of 482452/12/14 at 6:33pmpost #29058 of 482452/12/14 at 6:39pmpost #29059 of 482452/12/14 at 7:00pmpost #29060 of 482452/13/14 at 3:03ampost #29061 of 482452/13/14 at 5:36amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
so a young guy came in today to sell a watch. there were all kinds of red flags anyways, so i turned him away, but i wanted to see if i missed something.
there was no box or papers (which by itself is not so uncommon), and he had what i believe was supposed to be am omega PO 42 mm 188.8.131.52.01.002
should have looked like this:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
among the many red flags that went off, the main one was that this watch he had presented me had a solid case back. have any of you seen this model PO, black dial + orange bezel with a solid case back?
In addition to the caseback; on the 2500 models, the OMEGA on the dial is printed and the SEAMASTER is printed white. On the 8500 models, the OMEGA is applied and the SEAMASTER is printed orange.post #29062 of 482452/13/14 at 6:01amQuote:
dude was sketchy. not sure what he was up to, but nothing good.
he was pretty WASPy and arrogant. if i had to guess he knew it was fake and was trying to get one over, he was jittery from the get go and way over dressed like he was forcing an impression.
whole thing was very weird.Quote:
good info. thanks!post #29063 of 482452/13/14 at 6:04ampost #29064 of 482452/13/14 at 7:48ampost #29065 of 482452/13/14 at 7:56ampost #29066 of 482452/13/14 at 10:00ampost #29067 of 482452/13/14 at 10:11ampost #29068 of 482452/13/14 at 10:13am48 is a 40mm steel case auto. 176 is a 44mm Ti case hand-wound. Very, very different choices. I find the 44mm HW fits closer to the wrist and more comfortable than the 40mm autos. The 44mm HW is more "historic" and more representative of the Panerai brand, so it would be the one I would favor of the two, but that's just me. Plus, I like the lighter weight and darker mat grey of the Ti.post #29069 of 482452/13/14 at 10:15ampost #29070 of 482452/13/14 at 10:18amQuote:
Keith, that's lovely! I like the 38mm size, but I'm torn between original and new versions: there's less subdial overlap on the original version, but the new version has a glass caseback.
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Currently, there are 1565 Active Users (375 Members and 1190 Guests)
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 48 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 55 seconds ago
- › W. Bill Green Linen Custom Run 58 seconds ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 2016 Presidential Caucus and Primary Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...