They had the orange bezeled PO 2500. It did not have applied indices.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 3:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 4:19 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1938post #29056 of 483122/12/14 at 6:15pmpost #29057 of 483122/12/14 at 6:33pmpost #29058 of 483122/12/14 at 6:39pmpost #29059 of 483122/12/14 at 7:00pmpost #29060 of 483122/13/14 at 3:03ampost #29061 of 483122/13/14 at 5:36amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
so a young guy came in today to sell a watch. there were all kinds of red flags anyways, so i turned him away, but i wanted to see if i missed something.
there was no box or papers (which by itself is not so uncommon), and he had what i believe was supposed to be am omega PO 42 mm 184.108.40.206.01.002
should have looked like this:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
among the many red flags that went off, the main one was that this watch he had presented me had a solid case back. have any of you seen this model PO, black dial + orange bezel with a solid case back?
In addition to the caseback; on the 2500 models, the OMEGA on the dial is printed and the SEAMASTER is printed white. On the 8500 models, the OMEGA is applied and the SEAMASTER is printed orange.post #29062 of 483122/13/14 at 6:01amQuote:
dude was sketchy. not sure what he was up to, but nothing good.
he was pretty WASPy and arrogant. if i had to guess he knew it was fake and was trying to get one over, he was jittery from the get go and way over dressed like he was forcing an impression.
whole thing was very weird.Quote:
good info. thanks!post #29063 of 483122/13/14 at 6:04ampost #29064 of 483122/13/14 at 7:48ampost #29065 of 483122/13/14 at 7:56ampost #29066 of 483122/13/14 at 10:00ampost #29067 of 483122/13/14 at 10:11am
he was a little kid and he had put on a jacket and tie with his cords, it looks ridiculous and he was clearly trying to put on a show. we regularly buy 5 figure diamonds and most people are in jeans or slacks. the whole sitch was just weird.post #29068 of 483122/13/14 at 10:13am48 is a 40mm steel case auto. 176 is a 44mm Ti case hand-wound. Very, very different choices. I find the 44mm HW fits closer to the wrist and more comfortable than the 40mm autos. The 44mm HW is more "historic" and more representative of the Panerai brand, so it would be the one I would favor of the two, but that's just me. Plus, I like the lighter weight and darker mat grey of the Ti.post #29069 of 483122/13/14 at 10:15am
Question guys: I was watching a video about the Longines Conquest or that name and the guy was saying that the manufacturer in the manual says that the date should not be change between 4 and 8. I was wondering if that is a standard on every mechanical watch.post #29070 of 483122/13/14 at 10:18amQuote:
Keith, that's lovely! I like the 38mm size, but I'm torn between original and new versions: there's less subdial overlap on the original version, but the new version has a glass caseback.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 4 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 5 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 8 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Jeeves - Vass shoes and elegant menswear accessories - Official... 11 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...