Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 3:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/17/17 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 5:46 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1933post #28981 of 483122/10/14 at 10:53ampost #28982 of 483122/10/14 at 11:02ampost #28983 of 483122/10/14 at 11:04ampost #28984 of 483122/10/14 at 11:05ampost #28985 of 483122/10/14 at 11:11ampost #28986 of 483122/10/14 at 11:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Dino944
^ ^ ^ Enabler alert! Enabler alert!!! Oh what the hell... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Haha, oh man you are pushing him even further into the dark side with that post!
After a couple of months of ownership, I'm more pleased than ever with the SS Royal Oak--I love it more and more every day.
And of course you know, finishing is unparalleled!post #28987 of 483122/10/14 at 11:31ampost #28988 of 483122/10/14 at 11:32ampost #28989 of 483122/10/14 at 11:34amGents, resistance is futile!!!Quote:
I've had mine for over a year and a half and I feel the same way. The longer you own it, the more you come to appreciate the workmanship and level of quality that goes into making one.post #28990 of 483122/10/14 at 11:35ampost #28991 of 483122/10/14 at 12:02pmGents, just wanted to share my dad's watch that was given to me on my wedding day - we share it as I still like to think of it as his watch (too extravagant for me but I love the watch and the romanticism of travel associated with the piece).
Dino's desk shot is vaguely reminiscent of my office desk, which prompted the photo. Perhaps standard corporate fare.post #28992 of 483122/10/14 at 12:04pmpost #28993 of 483122/10/14 at 12:11pmpost #28994 of 483122/10/14 at 12:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by CHRK33
Gents, just wanted to share my dad's watch that was given to me on my wedding day - we share it as I still like to think of it as his watch (too extravagant for me but I love the watch and the romanticism of travel associated with the piece).
Dino's desk shot is vaguely reminiscent of my office desk, which prompted the photo. Perhaps standard corporate fare.
Talk about a special day! You married the person of your dreams, you purchased a Jumbo RO for the special day, and your Dad gave you a Patek....sounds to me like you won the trifecta !!! Congrats my friend!
And yes standard corporate office furniture....my wife once asked me if I would like a JLC Atmos for my office but I had to tell her it wouldn't go with the decor.post #28995 of 483122/10/14 at 12:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dino944
I'd have to see that one in person. Usually a movement when a chrono movement from a smaller case gets moved to larger case, everything shifts toward the middle. Some watches its more obvious than others. I find the dial a bit busy, especially with the tachymeter then another group of numbers inset from that, and then you finally get to minute markers and seconds. Clearly, its to take up space on the dial, since they bumped up the size. I also do not care for the outlines around the day, date, and month. Maybe it would look better in person, but they have other designs I'd rather have than this piece.Quote:Originally Posted by RogerP
That's pretty sweet. 42mm is about the upper limit for an ElPrimero-powered watch - the subdials begin to look far too scrunched in toward the center beyond that size. You're not going to find a lot of contemporary men's chronograhs in the 38mm case size these days, though some no doubt exist.
I like this one a bunch, but I would have no hope of making use of the triple date without the aid of reading glasses, so I would (and did) choose a model with just the chronogrpaph / single date only.
Thanks for the feedback, gentlemen! I agree on all of your points. I'd forego the decimal seconds and tachymeter tracks for increased legibility and better proportions. The triple calendar adds an uncommon, interesting complication, which I can appreciate (and hopefully my eyesight hasn't deteriorated too much to read it ).
I'll definite keep the hunt going, perhaps more so in the 38-40mm range...
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Two Ascots-Turnbull and Asser/Ben Silver 8 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 11 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 23 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 31 minutes ago
- › How to style a gilet, down vest or bodywarmer 35 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 36 minutes ago
- › Cigars 49 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 53 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 55 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...