Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 8:23 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 3:16 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1923post #28831 of 483122/6/14 at 3:35ampost #28832 of 483122/6/14 at 6:57ampost #28833 of 483122/6/14 at 7:15ampost #28834 of 483122/6/14 at 7:29ampost #28835 of 483122/6/14 at 7:31ampost #28836 of 483122/6/14 at 7:39ampost #28837 of 483122/6/14 at 7:41ampost #28838 of 483122/6/14 at 7:53amQuote:Originally Posted by bdeuce22
My college graduation present from my parents 8 years ago.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I should have asked for a present like that.
Gorgeous watch, Bubba, gorgeous. I will like to own a Carrera watch.post #28839 of 483122/6/14 at 8:06ampost #28840 of 483122/6/14 at 8:11am
Good to see it's being lived and loved.
I have high hopes from you guys if I ever graduate in anything. You will be the first to know.post #28841 of 483122/6/14 at 8:17ampost #28842 of 483122/6/14 at 8:30ampost #28843 of 483122/6/14 at 8:33ampost #28844 of 483122/6/14 at 8:55amQuote:
If you looked at vintage catalogs from many brands, you will generally see that back in the 1920s through the 1950s it seems brands offered a much wider selection of case shapes. Today, most brands focus on round with an occasional rectangle or square.
I am not sure if they are still making a cushion shaped watch, but about 5 years ago or so a company called Alpina was making one. I have never seen one in person, and distribution seemed limited. IIRC, a friend of mine considered one but didn't buy it. I believe back then it was about $3-4K.
Very nice graduation present!
Love that 5040! Such handsome watch!post #28845 of 483122/6/14 at 8:58am
Gorgeous IWC. A friend wore his at dinner last night and I couldn't stop staring at it - so simple and classic.
On a sidenote I hope I'm not becoming bit by the IWC bug.
As for the cushion cases, what about the vintage Gerrard Perregaux that our old European friend used to show us? That thing was gorgeous.
He took the cool pictures on the vintage typewriter .... haven't seen him around in a while which is a shame ...
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 45 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 55 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 3 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...