Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 7:08 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on 9/28/16 at 4:19am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1901post #28501 of 483121/26/14 at 4:53ampost #28502 of 483121/26/14 at 6:07ampost #28503 of 483121/26/14 at 6:26ampost #28504 of 483121/26/14 at 6:36ampost #28505 of 483121/26/14 at 7:30ampost #28506 of 483121/26/14 at 7:34ampost #28507 of 483121/26/14 at 8:18ampost #28508 of 483121/26/14 at 9:56amQuote:Originally Posted by Dino944
Nothing wrong with a fun purchase. I would just suggest that you work on getting the serious keeper pieces like a 5711 or 15202 or other high end purchases when you can and not get side tracked with the fun pieces. "Keepers" such as a 5711 or 15202 just keep going up in price...so it may be wise to purchase one while they are only reasonably painful to pay for.
Yep, I am with you on that one! Got to save for the prize at this point. Then, I can start to diddle around a bit.Quote:
Yes, I think you are right about that. I feel like that is kind of how you feel about your now-departed PAM.Quote:
I feel like this is become more and more analogous to women...
Haha, I have got to say, I think that this is about the perfect way to illustrate my point.post #28509 of 483121/26/14 at 9:59am
+1, QFT.Quote:Originally Posted by Dino944
I love a blue dial on a steel watch. Its a great addition to any collection, no matter what brand. Its a nice change from the often expected black, white, or silver dials.
+1 That would be a killer strap for that watch.
I'm not a fan of ostrich, but a navy strap looks great on that....I'd opt for navy croc or calf over ostrich, but that's just me.
I have got to agree. I feel like I am sorely lacking a blue dialed watch.
I have got to say though... blue dialed watches are tricky. It is really difficult to get the right type of blue. For example, not a fan of smurf blue, but love that DJ blue.Quote:
For you and Dino, I thought I would switch back to an old, not very loved around here combination. Although I love the black croc, unfortunately the band it getting too large for my shrinking wrists.post #28510 of 483121/26/14 at 10:08ampost #28511 of 483121/26/14 at 10:19amQuote:
Unfortunately, I am not in disagreement with you . Not in agreement, necessarily, but definitely not in disagreement.
I don't hate it so much that I will stop using such a pricy purchase.post #28512 of 483121/26/14 at 10:40ampost #28513 of 483121/26/14 at 10:46ampost #28514 of 483121/26/14 at 12:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Newcomer
I have got to agree. I feel like I am sorely lacking a blue dialed watch.
I have got to say though... blue dialed watches are tricky. It is really difficult to get the right type of blue. For example, not a fan of smurf blue, but love that DJ blue.For you and Dino, I thought I would switch back to an old, not very loved around here combination. Although I love the black croc, unfortunately the band it getting too large for my shrinking wrists.
I agree, it has to be the right color blue...I'm not a fan of the current blue dialed two tone, all gold, or white gold Submariners all of which I find to be a Smurf-ish color. But the blue on Datejust, a 5711 or 15202 are quite spectacular.
Great watch in the photo, but I'm not a fan of the color strap or ostrich.Quote:
While I appreciate that ostrich is very durable, its not for me. Ever since I heard someone with rather exquisite taste say, "Ostrich, it looks like leather with acne," I've just never been able to look at it the same way. But just because its not for me, doesn't mean others shouldn't enjoy it.post #28515 of 483121/26/14 at 1:40pmQuote:
kind of. if not for the damn MD state taxes that i was billed with and the customs charge, i would have broke even on that. essentially i rented it for a year for like 500 bucks.
and if not for my spending like a moran, i would have kept it. though i think if i kop another panny it will be the 210.Quote:Originally Posted by Superfluous
Looked at this Glashutte Senator Automatic. I'm not too familiar with the brand. Thoughts? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
its a lovely watch.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Boots made by Russell Moccasin Company -- experiences 18 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 54 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Raw Ingredient and Mise en Place porn thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 8 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 9 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...