or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 189  

post #2821 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Guido View Post
- nothing wrong with Rolex, like it or not they are like MB in that they have strong brand/resale & all others are judged by them
- nice

Thanks, PG. It's her first real watch, and I figure it's a good "starter" watch.
post #2822 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Guido View Post
- nothing wrong with Rolex, like it or not they are like MB in that they have strong brand/resale & all others are judged by them
- nice

+1 It looks really well TC. Nice choice. My wife has a steel and gold Yachtmaster. I didn't attribute much significance to its having to match her other jewellery at the time we bought it (I don't have that particular worry myself) but now I can see how it has a bearing. The wedding band and engagement ring are unlikely to change so other items should match them I guess.
post #2823 of 48312
I just made a purchased today that I'm pretty excited about.

Its a RXW PLASMIR MILGRAPH CHRONOGRAPH an Homage to Panerai that isn't a direct rip off.

They are a little pricey between 1400-1900 fair market, but they're not being made anymore and are very hard to get a hold of new.

RXW Marina watches are sought after and command a premium. When they were first released they were less than a 1000 but now a complete package can cost you twice that.

I actually saved 800 off market and it's coming direct from the Manufacture in Japan so I'm very happy.

There are 2 versions of the watch, a 2 reg chrono and a 3 reg chrono. The 2 reg is the hand wound 20 jewel cal VS 1962 chronograph movement that IMO is beautiful it also beats at 21,600 rather than the standard 28,800 and the 3 reg is a Valjoux 7750 a true workhorse. I have pics of both but I'm receiving the 2 counter Wednesday.

It's a pretty complete package. It comes with 2 Connolly leather straps brown and black, a Stainless Steal bracelet, 2 screw in case backs one stainless one sapphire crystal.

There are a few on eBay new and used with different packages and parts.

These aren't my pics but IMO they do the watch justice. I'm posting a lot to try and get as much detail as possible... Enjoy!















post #2824 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC (Houston) View Post
Thanks, PG. It's her first real watch, and I figure it's a good "starter" watch.

Up next... a cat's eye tourbillon?

post #2825 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrover View Post
...

Its a RXW PLASMIR MILGRAPH CHRONOGRAPH an Homage to Panerai that isn't a direct rip off.

...
Not meant to be harsh, but this is a ripoff.
One might say that this is such a classical design that anyone can use it, but ...
post #2826 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrover View Post
I just made a purchased today that I'm pretty excited about.

Its a RXW PLASMIR MILGRAPH CHRONOGRAPH an Homage to Panerai that isn't a direct rip off.

They are a little pricey between 1400-1900 fair market, but they're not being made anymore and are very hard to get a hold of new.

RXW Marina watches are sought after and command a premium. When they were first released they were less than a 1000 but now a complete package can cost you twice that.

I actually saved 800 off market and it's coming direct from the Manufacture in Japan so I'm very happy.

There are 2 versions of the watch, a 2 reg chrono and a 3 reg chrono. The 2 reg is the hand wound 20 jewel cal VS 1962 chronograph movement that IMO is beautiful it also beats at 21,600 rather than the standard 28,800 and the 3 reg is a Valjoux 7750 a true workhorse. I have pics of both but I'm receiving the 2 counter Wednesday.

It's a pretty complete package. It comes with 2 Connolly leather straps brown and black, a Stainless Steal bracelet, 2 screw in case backs one stainless one sapphire crystal.

There are a few on eBay new and used with different packages and parts.

These aren't my pics but IMO they do the watch justice. I'm posting a lot to try and get as much detail as possible... Enjoy!

Will be interesting to see what people make of this...
post #2827 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloj View Post
Not meant to be harsh, but this is a ripoff.
One might say that this is such a classical design that anyone can use it, but ...

I have heard this before but have had a lot of Paneristi pm me letting me know they have one or are looking for one.

A lot of Paneristi also have a begrudging respect for them because they are well made.

I've owned a 183 but had to sell it and now they are 4800+. I can't cough that up right now but will hopefully be able in the future.
post #2828 of 48312
Thread Starter 
They're well-made and the movement looks nice. But they're still a knock-off (I mean, Ken even lost a lawsuit vs Richemont). A high-quality knock-off, even though he seems to come up with new models even before Bonati does
post #2829 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Berk View Post
Will be interesting to see what people make of this...
Some will like it some won't, but that won't change the fact it's a very nice watch that has been reviewed very well. Doesn't matter to me I'll still post pics of mine on Wed when I receive it and give it first impression review.
post #2830 of 48312
I always buy myself a birthday present and as I am turning 30 in just over a month I have been on the lookout for some time now for something to complement my "dressy" JLC Master Hometime. Finally settled on a seven month old M-series Rolex YachtMaster which arrived a couple of weeks ago.








/U.
post #2831 of 48312
Gentlemen,

I'd like to buy a new watch, but I haven't found any forums with a women's perspective (yes, I'm a girl), and I find myself liking the men watches over the typical women styles (too much use of jewels to the point of tackiness, impractical... etc)

Just wondering if anyone has any brand/style suggestions. Something I can wear for all occasions and I'm maybe something ballpark $600ish or lower. Currently I own a Seiko 5 automatic (black face), it's been a good run, but I'd like to get something new.

Thanks!
post #2832 of 48312
Raven

At the $600 bracket I think you may be mostly limited to "fashion watches" (Hilfiger, Gant, Armani, Hugo Boss, Gucci, Versace, etc). However, you should be able to pick up a nice Raymond Weil or a Montblanc within your price range. If you want a brand with a little more recognition, try Tag Heuer, Bulgari, or Seiko, Brietling (might stretch the budget a bit).

You could try for a second hand Cartier or Rolex in steel but I think you will struggle to find one in your price bracket.

Have a look here http://www.chrono24.com/en/search/index.htm It has a great search function.

Also try http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...eadt&frm_id=32.

Happy hunting.
post #2833 of 48312
I've been lusting after this one: Last: My grail:
post #2834 of 48312
^^

Love the tear drop lugs. This is a stunning piece. Good luck with the hunt and please keep us informed of your progress.

Gaz
post #2835 of 48312
Some beautiful watches here, guys. Here's a favorite watch of mine: Breitling Navitimer Montbrillant
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)