Seems a couple of threads I visit have been invaded by trolls. Like trolls so bored they argue with their other troll account. . .
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 7:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com? Last post on 2/1/16 at 9:53am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: Today
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1876
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #28127 of 482031/17/14 at 9:10ampost #28128 of 482031/17/14 at 9:14ampost #28129 of 482031/17/14 at 9:21ampost #28130 of 482031/17/14 at 9:41ampost #28131 of 482031/17/14 at 9:43ampost #28132 of 482031/17/14 at 9:45amQuote:Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Panerais are still pretty rare in Houston, I come across maybe 1 per month in the wild.
Rolexes are everywhere, obviously. There is definitely a tradition in Houston where if you are an older gentleman who wants to tell society that you've made it, you get a yellow gold Day Date. Tons of these around. For the young professional crowd, the SS Sub is definitely the go-to watch. Which, sadly, makes me less enthusiastic about wearing it to the office. I'd say half the bankers between 25-35 walking around down in my lobby (with ties but without their jackets LOL) are wearing SS Subs. There's a huge trend among the MILFs at my club wearing Daytonas (RG or SS) and Day Dates. At any given time of day in the gym or by the pool, I bet you could find at least 2-3 ladies wearing a Daytona.
Hublots are very, very popular among the middle-eastern crowd. I don't mean any disrespect by that observation, but it's an odd trend that I've noticed.
I've only seen maybe 3 APs ever in Houston (outside of the jewelry store). In fact, most of my buddies who are huge AP fans had never actually seen a Royal Oak in person before mine. Most recently, I did see a young guy wearing a Rose Gold ROO Barrichello . . . in the gym! LOL
I never understood how people can get comfortable wearing a really nice watch to the gym. If there's every a place where you or someone else could really bang the shyt out of it with something that could really do some damage, it's the gym. Plus, there are clocks (with seconds displays) within your line of site at all times.
TC....from what I had heard in Texas particularly the oil people, back in the 80's used to refer to a Day-Date as a "Texas Timex" and a gold and steel Rolex was called, "Half-a-Rolex." I have no actual experiences visiting Texas, but I'm sure none of us are surprised that no matter where we are the nice watches seen most frequently are Rolex watches. After all they do make a million or so watches every year.
I unless I visit Boston or another large city, NYC, Vegas, Chicago...I never see APs in the wild. Only one of my local watch collecting friends was familiar with APs. I don't think I'd wear my RO to the gym...yikes!!! All it takes is the one odd machine you walk past a bit too closely and BANG...instant ding or scrape! And if you do something like racquetball and someone whacks your watch with a racquet...Quote:
Ah...didn't know he was a troll. Accusing my man of wearin a replica? I've seen that 5040...and to paraphrase something from a TV show..."Its real and its spectacular!"post #28133 of 482031/17/14 at 9:53ampost #28134 of 482031/17/14 at 10:37ampost #28135 of 482031/17/14 at 10:40ampost #28136 of 482031/17/14 at 10:41amQuote:
lolzQuote:Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Mixing it up a bit a doing AP RO casual Friday style . . .
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
perfecto.post #28137 of 482031/17/14 at 10:47ampost #28138 of 482031/17/14 at 10:58amInteresting comments re the Pan spread and recognition. In my town I've only seen one, mine. When I go to the Smoke I see a couple but not during the day for obvious reasons. Rolex on the other hand are on every street corner, nothing wrong in that, just saying.
I had mine on today for the Friday Blue Challenge. My wife has one too and a Tank Cartier, I'll post some pics some time.post #28139 of 482031/17/14 at 11:18ampost #28140 of 482031/17/14 at 11:26amWow, some great stuff lately! I love the watch RogerP and DLJr. The red dial really pops, and it looks incredibly well made. Red is a very underused color. I love the Reverso rouge and this red, so unique.
Frills, TC, your watches are both beautiful. Frills, that is easily the nicest fake I have ever seen :roflmao:
Mimo, I thought I would share my get-up with you today. No socks, loafers, and jeans. Doesn't get better on a 60 degrees and sunny Friday!
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 15 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 2 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 3 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 14 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...