Seems a couple of threads I visit have been invaded by trolls. Like trolls so bored they argue with their other troll account. . .
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 8:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 5:50 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1876post #28127 of 483121/17/14 at 9:10ampost #28128 of 483121/17/14 at 9:14ampost #28129 of 483121/17/14 at 9:21ampost #28130 of 483121/17/14 at 9:41ampost #28131 of 483121/17/14 at 9:43ampost #28132 of 483121/17/14 at 9:45amQuote:Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Panerais are still pretty rare in Houston, I come across maybe 1 per month in the wild.
Rolexes are everywhere, obviously. There is definitely a tradition in Houston where if you are an older gentleman who wants to tell society that you've made it, you get a yellow gold Day Date. Tons of these around. For the young professional crowd, the SS Sub is definitely the go-to watch. Which, sadly, makes me less enthusiastic about wearing it to the office. I'd say half the bankers between 25-35 walking around down in my lobby (with ties but without their jackets LOL) are wearing SS Subs. There's a huge trend among the MILFs at my club wearing Daytonas (RG or SS) and Day Dates. At any given time of day in the gym or by the pool, I bet you could find at least 2-3 ladies wearing a Daytona.
Hublots are very, very popular among the middle-eastern crowd. I don't mean any disrespect by that observation, but it's an odd trend that I've noticed.
I've only seen maybe 3 APs ever in Houston (outside of the jewelry store). In fact, most of my buddies who are huge AP fans had never actually seen a Royal Oak in person before mine. Most recently, I did see a young guy wearing a Rose Gold ROO Barrichello . . . in the gym! LOL
I never understood how people can get comfortable wearing a really nice watch to the gym. If there's every a place where you or someone else could really bang the shyt out of it with something that could really do some damage, it's the gym. Plus, there are clocks (with seconds displays) within your line of site at all times.
TC....from what I had heard in Texas particularly the oil people, back in the 80's used to refer to a Day-Date as a "Texas Timex" and a gold and steel Rolex was called, "Half-a-Rolex." I have no actual experiences visiting Texas, but I'm sure none of us are surprised that no matter where we are the nice watches seen most frequently are Rolex watches. After all they do make a million or so watches every year.
I unless I visit Boston or another large city, NYC, Vegas, Chicago...I never see APs in the wild. Only one of my local watch collecting friends was familiar with APs. I don't think I'd wear my RO to the gym...yikes!!! All it takes is the one odd machine you walk past a bit too closely and BANG...instant ding or scrape! And if you do something like racquetball and someone whacks your watch with a racquet...Quote:
Ah...didn't know he was a troll. Accusing my man of wearin a replica? I've seen that 5040...and to paraphrase something from a TV show..."Its real and its spectacular!"post #28133 of 483121/17/14 at 9:53ampost #28134 of 483121/17/14 at 10:37amQuote:
Haha, I remember that line! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #28135 of 483121/17/14 at 10:40ampost #28136 of 483121/17/14 at 10:41amQuote:
lolzQuote:Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Mixing it up a bit a doing AP RO casual Friday style . . .
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
perfecto.post #28137 of 483121/17/14 at 10:47ampost #28138 of 483121/17/14 at 10:58amInteresting comments re the Pan spread and recognition. In my town I've only seen one, mine. When I go to the Smoke I see a couple but not during the day for obvious reasons. Rolex on the other hand are on every street corner, nothing wrong in that, just saying.
I had mine on today for the Friday Blue Challenge. My wife has one too and a Tank Cartier, I'll post some pics some time.post #28139 of 483121/17/14 at 11:18ampost #28140 of 483121/17/14 at 11:26amWow, some great stuff lately! I love the watch RogerP and DLJr. The red dial really pops, and it looks incredibly well made. Red is a very underused color. I love the Reverso rouge and this red, so unique.
Frills, TC, your watches are both beautiful. Frills, that is easily the nicest fake I have ever seen :roflmao:
Mimo, I thought I would share my get-up with you today. No socks, loafers, and jeans. Doesn't get better on a 60 degrees and sunny Friday!
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 21 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 13 minutes ago
- › Shoe feels different from foot to foot? 16 minutes ago
- › 2 pairs of Brand New Carmina & 1 Vass Shell Cordovan (UK7/EU41) 21 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 25 minutes ago
- › Eames Lounge Chair copies... worth it? 25 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 36 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 38 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 40 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding