I had dinner with a watch guy last night, and we were talking about this exact piece, pure perfection!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 2:09 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 12:03 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1848post #27706 of 483121/9/14 at 8:53ampost #27707 of 483121/9/14 at 8:57ampost #27708 of 483121/9/14 at 9:01amQuote:Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
I'd like to pretend like I'm bothered by the encouragement and enabling, and the suggestion that I am in need of anything after completely exhausting my watch funds (and then some), but seriously these discussions really are a lot of fun! I've really enjoyed my time here.
Rose gold Daytona anyone?
I love the rose gold Daytona with black dial...but I'm pretty well covered as far as Daytonas go. Besides $40K...its beyond what I would consider spending on one. Still its a very pretty watch in rose.post #27709 of 483121/9/14 at 9:02am
Hehe...glad you're taking the banter in good heart. The really stupid thing is that less than a year and a half ago, I would have considered even the Pilot, let alone the RO, to be a nigh incomprehensible expenditure on a clockwork ornament. I can't afford either, but I'm certainly converted to the concept that I might like to!
August 2012: I'd just fixed up my father's old Omega by complete coincidence, had no interest in its negligible commercial value, and was only in SF at all to sell a pair of shoes when I thought I'd share a pic of the repaired watch. Now I read reviews, waste sales assistants' time, lurk the fancy dealers in airport lounges and malls, and of course check this thread more often than I'd like to admit. And I am quite certain that, however modest, there will be at least one or two additions to my motley assembly of timepieces this year.
This thread has really chewed up my brain. I'm enjoying your insanity all the better for it. :)post #27710 of 483121/9/14 at 9:24am
I'm a huge fan of the Rose Gold Daytona w/ chocolate dial. In fact, it's the only Rolex that really does it for me. The color combo between the pink & brown is excellent. And the Arabic numerals...
The rose gold bracelet might be a bit too much, but with the leather strap, it's excellent. And hey, it saves you 10k.post #27711 of 483121/9/14 at 9:30ampost #27712 of 483121/9/14 at 9:37ampost #27713 of 483121/9/14 at 9:38ampost #27714 of 483121/9/14 at 9:40ampost #27715 of 483121/9/14 at 9:42ampost #27716 of 483121/9/14 at 9:45ampost #27717 of 483121/9/14 at 9:46ampost #27718 of 483121/9/14 at 10:25ampost #27719 of 483121/9/14 at 10:31am
I think it's preposterous, and for that money there are literally a hundred things I would want more, and cheaper multiples in the thousands.
But embrace your vulgarity. For my part, I am keen on getting some reptile shoes at some point, just because. Many people would find that ridiculous and in poor taste, and I give not even one small part of one small shit.
We are individuals. Get it, dammit! :)post #27720 of 483121/9/14 at 10:34am
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The Official Cheapies 2016 Thread - Thrifted Find of the Year 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NIB: Riccardo Bestetti Burgundy Richelieu Wholecut (RTW line) 1966... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › NWT Caruso for Barneys Handmade in Italy Charcoal Suit 40S 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 9 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...