Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Yesterday at 11:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:23 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1824post #27346 of 4831212/29/13 at 7:49pmpost #27347 of 4831212/29/13 at 8:37pm
My pleasure! There have been so many beautiful watches posted lately, just wanted to contribute a bit. Thanks for the kind words.Quote:
Thanks! I think that split toes are definitely underrated. I love those Vass scotch grain ones. They are a very versatile shoe I feel. I think you should pick a pair up!
Thanks! Those are Dovers in Edwardian. I love them, they are very versatile and very comfortable I find! Wow, the ones in nutmeg suede sound delicious. I love suede shoespost #27348 of 4831212/29/13 at 8:58pmpost #27349 of 4831212/30/13 at 7:22amQuote:
I have seen some discussions about this on the watch forums, and my understanding is that it requires some after-market parts to make a leather strap fit the 15400. I don't know that it's necessarily difficult, but it's not something that AP intended to offer.post #27350 of 4831212/30/13 at 7:45amQuote:
I think its a bit of a pain to do it, as its really not designed to alternate between strap and bracelet. Not to mention, I never think the RO's on straps look as good. IMHO it looks like something is missing.Quote:
You may be able to by the metal plots (2 little metal attachment links) and strap from AP's service center or a boutique, but I think its a bit of a hassle swapping between the bracelet and strap on ROs. As you mentioned, I don't think its something AP intends for owners to do. In addition, its such a versatile watch as it is, that I've never seen a need to swap the bracelet for a strap they way one might with a Rolex, Omega or other watch.post #27351 of 4831212/30/13 at 7:57amDoes anyone own a Heiden Prestige or Boxy watch winder? If so, I inadvertently ended up with a battery pack for one of these (to be used in the case where the winder doesn't have a nearby outlet), and I'd be happy to send it to anyone who could use it.
I bought the Vantage (below) and didn't realize it had an integrated battery capability and doesn't need the battery pack.
Edited by TC (Houston) - 12/30/13 at 9:19ampost #27352 of 4831212/30/13 at 8:44amthanks for the info, guys. that is what i thought. while i definitely agree that that watch is much better on the bracelet, i dont think i could ever own just a metal band watch or just a strap, i need both. i guess then the 15400 would never be my one watch, just one of my watches i hope. : )
although, i doubt i could ever be a 1 watch guy anyways.post #27353 of 4831212/30/13 at 9:16ampost #27354 of 4831212/30/13 at 9:28ampost #27355 of 4831212/30/13 at 9:56ampost #27356 of 4831212/30/13 at 10:16ampost #27357 of 4831212/30/13 at 10:30ampost #27358 of 4831212/30/13 at 11:06amQuote:
Interesting. I find there are watches I prefer on a bracelet and watches I prefer on a strap. I think some vintage Rolex sport watches look good on a strap, but I would always rather have one on a bracelet. I actually struggle to think of a watch that I like enough on both that I would choose to have it on both a strap and a bracelet. I guess I prefer my dress watches on straps and my sports watches on bracelets (with the exception being , I'd rather have a Panerai on a strap than a bracelet).
I think if I were on a deserted island for years at a time, I wouldn't need a dress watch so I'd probably just have a Sub or GMT. I'd never subject my RO to the punishment that my older Rolex watches were subjected to, mostly because its too nice, a bit more delicate, and more costly to care for...but provided I didn't have to wear it for really punishing activities, its the watch that could bring me closest to being a 1 watch person....although I think I'd still need a Rolex for really more more rigorous activities, and a dress watch on a strap for really dressy events. Oh well, so much for thinking I could be a 1 watch kind of guy!post #27359 of 4831212/30/13 at 11:15amQuote:
exactly this. i as well generally find a watch is better suited for one or the other. but if i found a watch i loved, and one that looked equally awesome on a strap or bracelet, and was easy to switch back and forth, that might be my One Watch!Quote:Oh well, so much for thinking I could be a 1 watch kind of guy!
once again, we seem to agree.post #27360 of 4831212/30/13 at 11:22amQuote:
I agree with this. The only watch I have found so far that ticks all those boxes is the Omega Speedmaster Pro. IMHO.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 4 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 25 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 27 minutes ago
- › 2017 50 Book Challenge 48 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 50 minutes ago
- › EXTREMELY ADVANCED: official oversized/next level clothing thread 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...