Just as long as you don't go ALL in...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 5:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:03 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1823post #27331 of 4831212/28/13 at 10:17ampost #27332 of 4831212/28/13 at 1:07pmpost #27333 of 4831212/28/13 at 1:43pmpost #27334 of 4831212/28/13 at 3:04pm
TC - I was about to comment on the no socks at the end of December but then realized you were in Houston. Looking good!
Hayward - Nice stable. Don't know about the Sub on a strap but you are trying something different. As for the Speedy I am on the fence and think I would have to see it in person to make a judgement. Wear them in good health though!!post #27335 of 4831212/28/13 at 5:14pmHey guys, I'm in Singapore this week and am amazed at the number of watch stores here. It seems like half the area of the country (city-state?) is shopping malls, and half the area of those malls are watch boutiques!
Kind of strange because for other sartorial pursuits the whole country is a wasteland (perhaps not looking in the right places), but it seems like their watch game is on pointpost #27336 of 4831212/28/13 at 10:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dino944
Sorry, no specific reason I'm aware of for Rolex not using the glidelock clasp on all models. My best guess is it will eventually it will trickle down to other models and it allows them to make small incremental changes when nothing big is coming down the pipeline from them.
Congrats again on your Black & Blue GMT.
A little variety is a good thing. Rolex and Cartier can happily coexist in the same collection.
Anniversary sub is awesome. I missed the boat on that one. When did it end? 07?post #27337 of 4831212/29/13 at 3:18ampost #27338 of 4831212/29/13 at 7:53amHey what you guys think about this new strap on my 1964 Carrera re- edition?
The OEM strap was a black perforated leather. I got it on a small-scale brown alligator that actually matched very well. That strap wore out so I put on this dark brown Rios alligator. I'm just not sure about it. It seems a little "fancy" for the watch. The watch would look good on the OEM strap or another more vintage or distressed type look, but I mostly wear dress clothes so those are not really options. Maybe it just needs to grow on me?post #27339 of 4831212/29/13 at 8:08amQuote:
Looks great TC ! Just be sure you never bet enough to buy someone else an APQuote:
I think the Sub actually looks pretty good on that strap...the Speedy, I think I'd prefer on a much darker strap...but that's just my 2 cents.
I remember AD's even had new ones sitting in their showcases until early 2011, as it seemed many people were enamored with the idea of having the newest steel Sub, the steel SubC. But that supply of new LVs dried up long ago. The LV is definitely a great watch and I'm glad I have one.post #27340 of 4831212/29/13 at 11:54ampost #27341 of 4831212/29/13 at 11:57ampost #27342 of 4831212/29/13 at 1:08pmpost #27343 of 4831212/29/13 at 1:16pmpost #27344 of 4831212/29/13 at 5:35pm
Nuke - Loving the combo today. Debating on my next pair of shoes being split toes just haven't found any I like yet but to be honest I haven't looked too hard.
Zippy - Very nice! I like how the date window is outlined in white since it doesn't have a cyclops.post #27345 of 4831212/29/13 at 7:24pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 48 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › 2016 MLB Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 3 minutes ago
- › Gitman Bros Vintage Oxford Shirt Size M Made in USA 5 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 14 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 15 minutes ago
- › Handsomeness Secrets 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding