Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Yesterday at 2:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on 9/23/16 at 10:32am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1805post #27061 of 4831212/16/13 at 4:07pmpost #27062 of 4831212/16/13 at 4:19pmThanks!!! I had actually never tried on the watch (or even seen one in person) before today. Pics do not do it justice. I got goosebumps as I was peeling off all the plastic and finally revealed that brilliant finishing. And after all the debate over the various models, I find that the size is absolutely PERFECT for my taste. I could not be happier. Thanks to all TWATers for their guidance through the process!
Light is not so great in the house, I should have snapped more pics at Bucee's. LOLpost #27063 of 4831212/16/13 at 4:22pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Thanks!!! I had actually never tried on the watch (or even seen one in person) before today. Pics do not do it justice. I got goosebumps as I was peeling off all the plastic and finally revealed that brilliant finishing. And after all the debate over the various models, I find that the size is absolutely PERFECT for my taste. I could not be happier. Thanks to all TWATers for their guidance through the process!
Light is not so great in the house, I should have snapped more pics at Bucee's. LOL
so nice, TC. wear it in good health.post #27064 of 4831212/16/13 at 4:30pmpost #27065 of 4831212/16/13 at 4:32pmpost #27066 of 4831212/16/13 at 4:37pmpost #27067 of 4831212/16/13 at 5:26pmpost #27068 of 4831212/16/13 at 5:48pmQuote:
Mrs. Dino and I looked at a ton of homes about 2 years ago, so I know the feeling. Put the time into getting the right house, and make sure you dedicate one room to your watch/hobby stuff (and that might make the search a bit more fun...not minute repeater fun...but better). I have one room with all of my wristwatch and car reference materials, posters etc. Haven't finished setting it all up, but I love having a room with all of my vintage watch catalogs, books, ads etc.Quote:
Hey TC, congrats on a great choice! Its a watch that you will grow to enjoy more with each day that you wear it. While I admit there are a few other pieces I'd like to add to my collection in the future, I honestly find it very difficult to NOT wear my RO. It probably gets a good 90-95% of my wrist time during the year. I just love the way the watch feels, the finish, the overall design, and the quality. I find myself taking a minute or two each day just to admire the dial, or the way the light dances off the beveled edges of the case and the edges of the smaller bracelet links. I hope that you enjoy your RO as much as I adore mine. Good luck with it and congrats on a real beauty!
Also, in case the dealer did not mention it, be sure to register your watch on line with AP. They will send you a sticker that will go in the owners manual and as long as you have AP inspect the watch and do what I believe is a pressure test before the 2nd year of the warranty ends, they will extend the warranty to a 3rd year.
Again congrats and enjoy your beautiful new watch.post #27069 of 4831212/16/13 at 6:20pmQuote:
OMFG that is one seriously beautiful piece and a lovely pic. Congratulations!!!
/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/post #27070 of 4831212/16/13 at 7:28pmpost #27071 of 4831212/16/13 at 7:37pmTried on a Blancpain FF Bathyscaphe today. Liked it more than I thought I would, but the date window and lack of steel bracelet turned me off of it.
The JLC Duometre a Quantieme Lunaire in the 40.5 was quite nice,.post #27072 of 4831212/16/13 at 7:51pmpost #27073 of 4831212/16/13 at 8:14pmpost #27074 of 4831212/16/13 at 9:04pmQuote:Thanks Roger that's kind of you to say I am a fan of nicely proportioned dauphine hands too. Here's a daylight pic with its satin-brushed side contrasting with high polish. I like the way it is an understated watch which has a lot of subtle curves that catches the light in different ways. The blued hand is a deep dark that glows when light hits it at the right angles. I've never come across anyone in real life wearing a UG, the chances of which are probably remote, which I think is kind of nice... unless I should ever bump into you and your fantabulous panda compax!post #27075 of 4831212/16/13 at 9:13pm
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 14 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 18 minutes ago
- › BNWT Orazio Luciano La Vera Sartoria Napoletana 100% Linen Sport... 20 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 23 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 28 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 31 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 33 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...