It may not surprise you that that very picture was among a few I showed my tailor! I am not that handsome of course, more of a face for radio. But it certainly feels good to go a little "louche" with the black tie. OK, with a few things...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 4:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 1:54 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1803post #27032 of 4831212/14/13 at 12:36pmThanks nuke
I'm a rad man but get the lum big style
When suited and booted the other day I decided to put on my rolx. Felt weird, particularly when I picked it up and thought I must have the duchess' by mistake. Strange what you get used to!
Thanks again man
Mimo, it is all of course in the eye of the beholder. With that rig my minds eye sayspost #27033 of 4831212/14/13 at 12:47pmpost #27034 of 4831212/14/13 at 12:53pm
Cleav, something about that get up makes you feel that way for sure...my ego was in full agreement all evening!
RNG: that's a fine collection...more evidence yet of the appeal of the Portuguese auto - while Speedies and Panerais need no further introduction. *Envious* :)post #27035 of 4831212/14/13 at 1:06pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)quote name="rnguy001" url="/t/36253/the-watch-appreciation-thread/27030#post_6795351"]cleav - loving that Black Seal. I came very close to getting the auto version a year ago.
All this talk about Rads, Luminors, Speedys on straps, and IWC has me all geeked up
Snowing here in DC but still have to work. Thank goodness for TWAT
RNG That's a lovely three ball fit for any event. Very nice.
With those for company -"let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"!post #27036 of 4831212/14/13 at 1:45pmpost #27037 of 4831212/14/13 at 4:29pmpost #27038 of 4831212/14/13 at 5:08pmpost #27039 of 4831212/14/13 at 9:30pmQuote:
Cleave, I'm absolutely loving the deep rich color of that new strap! Very nice choice, it looks fantastic with your PAM!!! Thanks for sharing some pix with us.
As for IWC, sadly, most of their current watches just don't interest me. I think the only watch they've made recently that I would possibly consider is the 40 mm Ingenieur. In general I prefer their older Pilot watches such as the 3706 and 3713 from the 1990s... or the original Ingenieur SL Jumbo.Quote:Originally Posted by mimo
In other news...pedestrian in the extreme but I thought I'd share: a night at the opera, new dinner jacket* for mimo, new dinner strap for mimo's ancient Omega. Yeah, Mr Cheapskate strikes again - approximate cost $15, or alternatively expressed as: value of mimo's watch/(cost of Cleav's watch/cost of Cleav's new croc strap). Sensible proportionality.
*(Also, now I can see why people almost always go for a black DJ - I've never had an off-white one before, and I can see it's going to need cleaning every damn time I wear it!)
Mimo, congrats on the new dinner jacket and watch strap. Although, it looks like you may already have gotten a stain on your sleeve. I'm hoping its just the lighting or something on the camera lens.post #27040 of 4831212/14/13 at 9:33pmQuote:
I think we have your snow now here up north. Nice Speedy photo, and after seeing Cleav's new strap, I'd love to see your PAM on a similar color strap! I think it would really be a knock out!post #27041 of 4831212/14/13 at 10:41pmpost #27042 of 4831212/15/13 at 1:27amThanks Dino kind words indeed, much appreciated. I'm encouraged to swell the strap collection, as per many Paneristi, and change over the strap myself when the mood takes me. However, the AD strongly advised not to as the Rad is more difficult to do. To be fair they said I could drop by anytime and they'll do it but what the ...
V interesting view on the IWCs. In looking at it now I'm seeing in a different light i.e. That look at that price point there is more out there.
Mimo - it's a price worth paying!post #27043 of 4831212/15/13 at 5:44ampost #27044 of 4831212/15/13 at 10:53ampost #27045 of 4831212/15/13 at 12:30pmAnother GP from the collection. The photo is not great but chose to post because it captures the blue hands nicely.. Time to time, I get a bug for certain brands, go on a buying spree and then work hard to rebalance the collection. 3 GPs in 6 months is a bit much but like them all.. (Yeah they are a pain in the secondary market!)
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 46 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 5 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Quality Of Grenson Shoes 15 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 16 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway