Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Yesterday at 1:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 8:58 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1791post #26851 of 4831212/5/13 at 1:33pmpost #26852 of 4831212/5/13 at 1:40pmCongrats, suaviter....that's the hesalite/sapphire combo, right? Good call. And happy early birthday.
Cleav, enjoy your consolation prizes! I love getting all the original catalogs, brochures, etc. from brands that I like.post #26853 of 4831212/5/13 at 1:52pmQuote:
Just poured a c d rhone and about to open up. Bound to fuel either sweet dreams or bouts of insomnia trying to work out which body organ to sell, or two, or three!
Thanks KTpost #26854 of 4831212/5/13 at 2:42pmpost #26855 of 4831212/5/13 at 4:12pmhttp://www.hodinkee.com/blog/found-the-rolex-sir-edmund-hillary-wore-to-the-peak-of-mount-everest-live-pics-details
I'd love to see Rolex or Tudor do a new version of this.post #26856 of 4831212/5/13 at 4:23pmpost #26857 of 4831212/5/13 at 4:40pmpost #26858 of 4831212/5/13 at 5:02pm
Yea, seems like forever since I heard that song!
I think I was about 10 or 12 years old when that song was popular. My mom liked that song a lot.post #26859 of 4831212/5/13 at 5:06pmpost #26860 of 4831212/5/13 at 6:12pmsuaviter - congratulations! And Cleav - 'tis a dangerous path you are treading hahaha.
Playing around with iPhone tonight:
/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/post #26861 of 4831212/5/13 at 10:56pmpost #26862 of 4831212/6/13 at 12:25ampost #26863 of 4831212/6/13 at 1:41amQuote:
Smiths used to have an advert claiming that "I carried you watch to the summit and it worked perfectly" Sir Edmund Hilary.
As far as I am aware one of the watches was worn by Hillary and Tensing when they reached the summit of Everest in 1953 may have been a Rolex but the other watch was a Smiths.post #26864 of 4831212/6/13 at 3:38ampost #26865 of 4831212/6/13 at 3:50amQuote:
HAHAHAH nice one Cleav!
Did you like the Pateks when you tried them on? Their aesthetics in the flesh, on your wrist? PP's price point is ridiculously high but they can be crazy intoxicating (I speak from experience) if they really move you. And it will be specific pieces too. Like, I think the new 5270s look awful.
Do you guys watch HISHE (How It Should Have Ended) on YouTube? Funny series about how movies should have ended. I think their LOTR version was to have those giant birds fly the ring and drop it at Mordor to be melted. Done, no hassle. Then all the main characters were gathered around at a diner saying "oh man imagine if we had to make that trek on foot? Sheez!" Hahaha.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 29 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 34 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Frank Clegg Briefcases 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 6 minutes ago
- › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 17 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...