Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Yesterday at 6:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on 7/22/16 at 10:03pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1791post #26851 of 4831212/5/13 at 1:33pmpost #26852 of 4831212/5/13 at 1:40pmCongrats, suaviter....that's the hesalite/sapphire combo, right? Good call. And happy early birthday.
Cleav, enjoy your consolation prizes! I love getting all the original catalogs, brochures, etc. from brands that I like.post #26853 of 4831212/5/13 at 1:52pmQuote:
Just poured a c d rhone and about to open up. Bound to fuel either sweet dreams or bouts of insomnia trying to work out which body organ to sell, or two, or three!
Thanks KTpost #26854 of 4831212/5/13 at 2:42pmpost #26855 of 4831212/5/13 at 4:12pmhttp://www.hodinkee.com/blog/found-the-rolex-sir-edmund-hillary-wore-to-the-peak-of-mount-everest-live-pics-details
I'd love to see Rolex or Tudor do a new version of this.post #26856 of 4831212/5/13 at 4:23pmpost #26857 of 4831212/5/13 at 4:40pmpost #26858 of 4831212/5/13 at 5:02pm
Yea, seems like forever since I heard that song!
I think I was about 10 or 12 years old when that song was popular. My mom liked that song a lot.post #26859 of 4831212/5/13 at 5:06pmpost #26860 of 4831212/5/13 at 6:12pmsuaviter - congratulations! And Cleav - 'tis a dangerous path you are treading hahaha.
Playing around with iPhone tonight:
/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/post #26861 of 4831212/5/13 at 10:56pmpost #26862 of 4831212/6/13 at 12:25ampost #26863 of 4831212/6/13 at 1:41amQuote:
Smiths used to have an advert claiming that "I carried you watch to the summit and it worked perfectly" Sir Edmund Hilary.
As far as I am aware one of the watches was worn by Hillary and Tensing when they reached the summit of Everest in 1953 may have been a Rolex but the other watch was a Smiths.post #26864 of 4831212/6/13 at 3:38ampost #26865 of 4831212/6/13 at 3:50amQuote:
HAHAHAH nice one Cleav!
Did you like the Pateks when you tried them on? Their aesthetics in the flesh, on your wrist? PP's price point is ridiculously high but they can be crazy intoxicating (I speak from experience) if they really move you. And it will be specific pieces too. Like, I think the new 5270s look awful.
Do you guys watch HISHE (How It Should Have Ended) on YouTube? Funny series about how movies should have ended. I think their LOTR version was to have those giant birds fly the ring and drop it at Mordor to be melted. Done, no hassle. Then all the main characters were gathered around at a diner saying "oh man imagine if we had to make that trek on foot? Sheez!" Hahaha.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 8 seconds ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 42 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 2 minutes ago
- › NWOT Gitman Vintage Stripe Shirt 15.5---Spread Collar 4 minutes ago
- › TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): SPRING-SUMMER EDITION 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 7 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding