^^ Oh man I was laughing so loud my co-worker from two offices down actually walked in to ask what the ruckus was...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 11:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:32 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1789post #26821 of 4831212/5/13 at 6:50ampost #26822 of 4831212/5/13 at 6:53amChallenge from last night for my four year old. Tough but I merited a thumbs up from her after slogging through one project. Used my chrono to time how disgustingly slow I was.
/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/post #26823 of 4831212/5/13 at 6:55amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
Which goes back to your previous comments about the Submariner: I really, really love the Submariner. And I'm sure the majority of them are worn with suits all the time, just because of the demographic that's able to buy them. But I don't think I would. That sporty bezel is just too casual to me. But then I don't wear loafers with a suit either. So I think Warren's right on the money with the Explorer (1). Unless you're looking for a watch that is much cheaper, then the Hamiltons and Tissots, even Bill's new Seiko (OK, don't fight Bill for his new Seiko, I mean one like Bill's new Seiko),are logical.
Could not agree more.post #26824 of 4831212/5/13 at 7:02amPeripherally related to this thread - a marvel of Pierre Jaquet-Droz:
http://www.chonday.com/Videos/the-writer-automatonpost #26825 of 4831212/5/13 at 7:05ampost #26826 of 4831212/5/13 at 7:31amQuote:Originally Posted by Flake
I had a Piaget Quartz for a long time. It had a nicely decorated movement, interestingly. It was nice to just pick it up and put it on without having to set it. But you couldn't predict when it would die, and that was pretty inconvenient. I sold it a few years back and honestly don't miss it. Much.
Piaget makes some very high quality watches, and they are one company that also makes very high quality quartz movements (sometimes supplying Cartier with really high grade ones like the Chronoreflex movement). I hope to add some form of manual wind Altiplano to my collection someday.Quote:Originally Posted by jbarwick
CTL, Mimo summed it up nicely but I want to offer one watch and another brand to check out. The Cartier Tank Solo is an option is you want a different style. The only thing is that the watch does scream Cartier if thieves know what to look for. Another option is Panerai. Are they large? Yes. Are they a dress watch? No.
Hey JB, agree with most of your suggestions other than Panerai (particular when it comes to blending in an not attracting thieves). If the OP should avoid a Rolex due to the cyclops on most, or the Tank Solo because its a very recognizable design, then I doubt a Panerai would be a good choice. Its a very recognizable design, and its the size of a tuna can so its very noticeable and won't easily fit under most dress shirts. To me, the Panerai's size just makes it stand out so blatantly. Just my 2 cents.Quote:Originally Posted by no frills
Challenge from last night for my four year old. Tough but I merited a thumbs up from her after slogging through one project. Used my chrono to time how disgustingly slow I was.
/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/
Great watch...looks like you have started a new ad campaign for Patek..."You never actually own a Patek, you merely wear it while making sparkling hair accessories." Glad to hear the project was a success bro.post #26827 of 4831212/5/13 at 7:34amQuote:
how did you answer?
so, since it looks like i am shipping out my PAM112 next week. i took some family shots the other night while i still had the chance.
hurts to break up such a happy family.
sorry for teh photo bomb, i went a little overboard.post #26828 of 4831212/5/13 at 7:45ampost #26829 of 4831212/5/13 at 7:48ampost #26830 of 4831212/5/13 at 7:52ampost #26831 of 4831212/5/13 at 7:59ampost #26832 of 4831212/5/13 at 8:00ampost #26833 of 4831212/5/13 at 8:20ampost #26834 of 4831212/5/13 at 8:43am
Yes, head on shoulder. It's very sweet....
As for getting out of the LOL situation, Nuke and Stitchy, I tabbed quickly over to my FB page and showed her the video my wife uploaded last night of my 2 year old almost twerking. I am not ashamed of my TWAT brethren or discussions, but I humbly submit the argument that my two year old is prettier and cuter than most of you. Especially when she is almost-twerking.post #26835 of 4831212/5/13 at 8:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Dino944
Hey JB, agree with most of your suggestions other than Panerai (particular when it comes to blending in an not attracting thieves). If the OP should avoid a Rolex due to the cyclops on most, or the Tank Solo because its a very recognizable design, then I doubt a Panerai would be a good choice. Its a very recognizable design, and its the size of a tuna can so its very noticeable and won't easily fit under most dress shirts. To me, the Panerai's size just makes it stand out so blatantly. Just my 2 cents.
I thought some of the Radiomir's wore smaller than their 45mm advertised size? I guess it all depends on how big you wrists are to call 45mm smaller.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Cars We Drive! 9 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › Can someone tell me who makes this pair of RLPL shoe? 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Niche Mustard Torrance Rayon Shirt - XL 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Rubinacci "...Best Bespoke Tailor on Earth..." article 6 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 6 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...