Beautiful! Congrats again
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 1:25 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on 10/20/16 at 12:03am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1739post #26071 of 4831211/3/13 at 5:21pmpost #26072 of 4831211/3/13 at 7:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Hey guys, I never post in here but thought I would share my newest acquisition :
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
An early birthday gift from the most wonderful wife ever, a 1940’s solid 18k rose gold Universal Geneve Tri-Compax moon phase chronograph.
Very nice; did she research/pick that all by herself or did she have some guidance from you?post #26073 of 4831211/3/13 at 8:11pmpost #26074 of 4831211/3/13 at 9:42pmpost #26075 of 4831211/3/13 at 11:20pmpost #26076 of 4831211/4/13 at 4:08ampost #26077 of 4831211/4/13 at 4:44amQuote:Originally Posted by Kaplan
@Find Finn, I'm afraid I didn't, but I did catch an earlier program where he was interviewed about his watch collection and I've briefly talked watches with him when I met him some time ago.
edit: I just got an e-mail from Bindesbøl, that KH will be signing his 3rd book on watches in the shop on november 9th.
I saw that as well (more than once) :ember:
I don't own any of his books, so maybe I should have a look at no. 3.post #26078 of 4831211/4/13 at 5:11ampost #26079 of 4831211/4/13 at 6:25amQuote:
You and me both, DLJr. Unsure yet if I can make it but if I am able to swing a visit, I will be there at noon on Sunday.
Quote:Originally Posted by jbarwick
Time to stalk Frills on the Instagrams! I tend to post more after a couple of drinks or when my dogs calm down for a couple of pictures.
Yesterday marked less than 3 months until our civil wedding here in the states. Seems like April 2013 was not too long ago when I purposed.
Also does everyone get to enjoy the seasons changing? Our deck looks over the "Green Hills" our area of town was named after and the leaves are a changing!
Congratulations in advance! Time flies, huh. I was married more than thirteen years ago and somehow, she has yet to divorce me.
Love how the seasons are changing, although it is freezing today in NYC.Quote:
I am reading "Deluxe: How Luxury Lost Its Luster" by Dana Thomas. Fascinating read about how different makers of luxury goods evolved from their founding days, through the 1980s and the recent past when corporate America and different forms of advertising, marketing strategies, and customers (like the Japanese in the 1980s and now the Chinese) evolved.
So much pressure! Heh heh.Quote:
That is simply amazing - and a gift from your wife no less. AWE. SOME.post #26080 of 4831211/4/13 at 6:36am
I'm going to be at the trunk show most of the day Saturday, and will be stopping by Sunday just to say hi to Stitch. I was initially planning on just making a day trip, but it turned into a little weekend getaway pretty quickly. The fact that Frank (Ercole's) will be there and my wife was due for a fitting for her coat sealed the deal. So I'll be around in NYC all weekend, actually browsing hotels right now.post #26081 of 4831211/4/13 at 7:56ampost #26082 of 4831211/4/13 at 8:50amQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Hey guys, I never post in here but thought I would share my newest acquisition : Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
looks awesome.Quote:post #26083 of 4831211/4/13 at 10:11amQuote:
Complete calendar moonphase chrono and from the company that first coined BiCompax and Tricompax. Nicely done. That's as interesting as it is beautiful. If you ever have someone crack the caseback, please post pics!post #26084 of 4831211/4/13 at 10:22amWatch for the day is PP5040J. Attire for the day is Gangsta F*ck Off Cold Weather It Ain't Winter Yet.
/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/post #26085 of 4831211/4/13 at 10:30am
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 49 seconds ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 5 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 19 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 25 minutes ago
- › + DRIES VAN NOTEN + 28 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 31 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 31 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 48 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...