Beautiful! Congrats again
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 12:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on 5/2/16 at 1:15pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1739post #26071 of 4831211/3/13 at 5:21pmpost #26072 of 4831211/3/13 at 7:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Hey guys, I never post in here but thought I would share my newest acquisition :
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
An early birthday gift from the most wonderful wife ever, a 1940’s solid 18k rose gold Universal Geneve Tri-Compax moon phase chronograph.
Very nice; did she research/pick that all by herself or did she have some guidance from you?post #26073 of 4831211/3/13 at 8:11pmpost #26074 of 4831211/3/13 at 9:42pmpost #26075 of 4831211/3/13 at 11:20pmpost #26076 of 4831211/4/13 at 4:08ampost #26077 of 4831211/4/13 at 4:44amQuote:Originally Posted by Kaplan
@Find Finn, I'm afraid I didn't, but I did catch an earlier program where he was interviewed about his watch collection and I've briefly talked watches with him when I met him some time ago.
edit: I just got an e-mail from Bindesbøl, that KH will be signing his 3rd book on watches in the shop on november 9th.
I saw that as well (more than once) :ember:
I don't own any of his books, so maybe I should have a look at no. 3.post #26078 of 4831211/4/13 at 5:11ampost #26079 of 4831211/4/13 at 6:25amQuote:
You and me both, DLJr. Unsure yet if I can make it but if I am able to swing a visit, I will be there at noon on Sunday.
Quote:Originally Posted by jbarwick
Time to stalk Frills on the Instagrams! I tend to post more after a couple of drinks or when my dogs calm down for a couple of pictures.
Yesterday marked less than 3 months until our civil wedding here in the states. Seems like April 2013 was not too long ago when I purposed.
Also does everyone get to enjoy the seasons changing? Our deck looks over the "Green Hills" our area of town was named after and the leaves are a changing!
Congratulations in advance! Time flies, huh. I was married more than thirteen years ago and somehow, she has yet to divorce me.
Love how the seasons are changing, although it is freezing today in NYC.Quote:
I am reading "Deluxe: How Luxury Lost Its Luster" by Dana Thomas. Fascinating read about how different makers of luxury goods evolved from their founding days, through the 1980s and the recent past when corporate America and different forms of advertising, marketing strategies, and customers (like the Japanese in the 1980s and now the Chinese) evolved.
So much pressure! Heh heh.Quote:
That is simply amazing - and a gift from your wife no less. AWE. SOME.post #26080 of 4831211/4/13 at 6:36am
I'm going to be at the trunk show most of the day Saturday, and will be stopping by Sunday just to say hi to Stitch. I was initially planning on just making a day trip, but it turned into a little weekend getaway pretty quickly. The fact that Frank (Ercole's) will be there and my wife was due for a fitting for her coat sealed the deal. So I'll be around in NYC all weekend, actually browsing hotels right now.post #26081 of 4831211/4/13 at 7:56ampost #26082 of 4831211/4/13 at 8:50amQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Hey guys, I never post in here but thought I would share my newest acquisition : Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
looks awesome.Quote:post #26083 of 4831211/4/13 at 10:11amQuote:
Complete calendar moonphase chrono and from the company that first coined BiCompax and Tricompax. Nicely done. That's as interesting as it is beautiful. If you ever have someone crack the caseback, please post pics!post #26084 of 4831211/4/13 at 10:22amWatch for the day is PP5040J. Attire for the day is Gangsta F*ck Off Cold Weather It Ain't Winter Yet.
/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/post #26085 of 4831211/4/13 at 10:30am
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › Friends graduation lunch 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Brown Calf/Suede Balmoral Boots - UK7.5 (Rain last) 9 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum HoF GMTO - The Hopper Boot PUT YOUR MONEY... 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 18 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 18 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts