Bollocks. Suddenly I'm 15 pages behind again and have spent all my money on wine and shoes. I hate that.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 7:08 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on 9/28/16 at 4:19am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1691post #25351 of 4831210/3/13 at 12:45pmpost #25352 of 4831210/3/13 at 12:48pm
Sounds like quite a night
It has rather dawned on me that on the third day of the month, I am currently waiting for several ties and pocket squares, enough cloth for several suits, one jacket already under construction and another OTR en route, just one more pair of shoes and...er...two watches. This is going to be a long four weeks...good job I gave up drinking anyway....I think....post #25353 of 4831210/3/13 at 2:56pmQuote:Bollocks. Suddenly I'm 15 pages behind again and have spent all my money on wine and shoes.
....the rest of it, I just blew!! (paraphrasing George Best, I believe.)
LOL'd while checking out the Cartier website for the specs on that Tank... they refer not to a date function, or a day-counter....it is rather called, in their parlance, a "calendar aperture".
C'est magnifique, non?post #25354 of 4831210/3/13 at 4:00pmpost #25355 of 4831210/3/13 at 4:00pmpost #25356 of 4831210/3/13 at 6:19pmpost #25357 of 4831210/3/13 at 6:24pmpost #25358 of 4831210/3/13 at 6:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by AriGold
I'm interesting in buying a pre-owned sub, don't mind either no-date or date versions. This one caught my attention, but wondering if $5700 (less 10% tax) is a good deal for a circa 2002 model.
Do yourself a favor.
Go to the following website and check out their classified section and compare prices.post #25359 of 4831210/3/13 at 7:09pmpost #25360 of 4831210/3/13 at 8:06pmQuote:
Ari, if you buy from an Australian site, you will always pay more - often considerably more - than buying from overseas.
The upside to buying in Australia is, of course, that if the seller is local, you can try it on and have a look at it to make sure you're getting what you want. The downside is that you'll pay a lot of "Australia tax".
Of course, if you order a watch costing more than $1000 from overseas, you'll most likely have to pay tax on it, particularly if it is sent via a courier service as the courier service will collect the tax/duties on behalf of Customs and they'll kindly charge you a fee for doing so, too!post #25361 of 4831210/3/13 at 10:46pmpost #25362 of 4831210/4/13 at 2:04ampost #25363 of 4831210/4/13 at 2:33pmpost #25364 of 4831210/4/13 at 5:19pmNeed to catch up on the last two pages. But, trying Tapatalk tonight as per stitchy's recommendation. Gave a talk at a public school this morning in nearby Brooklyn. But was I "Brooklyn-hip" enough? I don't know.
Anyway, mimo, here is one of those hats. Fedora by Borsalino, made of hemp. Lightweight, durable and as breathable as straw. Useful since summer made a return appearance today here in NYC.post #25365 of 4831210/5/13 at 12:33pm
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The Look goes on... 46 seconds ago
- › FREEMANS SPORTING CLUB - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 23 minutes ago
- › Darn Tough Hiking Socks Sizing 25 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider long coat 28 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 28 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 28 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 34 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 37 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 42 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 42 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...