Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Yesterday at 9:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 12:35 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1676post #25127 of 483129/23/13 at 9:08pmpost #25128 of 483129/24/13 at 12:17ampost #25129 of 483129/24/13 at 7:09amQuote:
You didn't see this one from a few pages ago? Me looking like Oddjob from James Bond - except I think Oddjob wore a bowler hat.
This one was from a few weeks ago, clowning around with my daughter in a playground.
So that it ain't completely off topic, watch in the pic above is PP 3970J and, though you can't see it, was wearing Exp I 114270 in the pic at the bottom.
Not completely frillyvolous here; was on vacation in late August and apparently incurred some strange form of sun damage on my face. A somewhat shameful thing since I grew up baking in the sun. But maybe it is an age thing, who knows. Doctor ruled out lupus but advised hats. Hats, I said. Okay then, hats.
Although maybe the straw hat with the wider brim is really more what he meant versus the stingy brim felt fedora...
Not quite sporting a cowboy hat yet but we will see.post #25130 of 483129/24/13 at 7:14am
Hehe excellent, yes I did see those. And Oddjob did wear a bowler. So did NickNack I think, who also sprung to mind (from "The Man With the Golden Gun"), who I believe also had some Pinoy in his veins.
Cowboy hat? Hmm. Maybe. I think the bowler would be fun, but how about a wide-brimmed fedora with those sharp suits of yours? I can see it. The ones so far are brilliant anyway. So is the 3940...and the 3970.... :)
Edited by mimo - 9/24/13 at 7:31ampost #25131 of 483129/24/13 at 8:05amCool hats Frills. I have thought about picking up a hat on occasion--one sure could use it in this suffocating Louisiana heat--but always stopped, primarily due to my age.
I am really attracted by Brent Black's Panama hat. If I wear a hat anytime soon, it will be something like that.post #25132 of 483129/24/13 at 8:10amQuote:
Nice Sub. The Ex2 is a great watch, and gives you another timezone which comes in handy when traveling. Its also nice because although its clearly a Rolex, its not quite as recognized as Subs/GMTs. Something about the brushed steel bezel and people (other than watch collectors) don't notice it...it sort of flies under the radar.Quote:
Nice photo of the 3940P. I'm glad you upgraded to an iPhone so we can benefit from better photos of your stunning Pateks!Quote:
Actually, I believe Nick Nack wore a derby.post #25133 of 483129/24/13 at 8:47ampost #25134 of 483129/24/13 at 9:31ampost #25135 of 483129/24/13 at 10:43ampost #25136 of 483129/24/13 at 2:20pmpost #25137 of 483129/24/13 at 2:56pmpost #25138 of 483129/24/13 at 3:51pmpost #25139 of 483129/24/13 at 5:28pmpost #25140 of 483129/24/13 at 5:49pm
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Poor man's watch thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 6 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 12 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 13 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 18 minutes ago
- › Buying On A Budget - Ultimate Business Outfit 18 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 22 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 23 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway