Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 9:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on 5/2/16 at 1:15pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1671post #25051 of 483129/19/13 at 8:37ampost #25052 of 483129/19/13 at 8:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Newcomer
Both of those sound like excellent ideas, far more reasonable than what I had in my shopping car on Veraet's website...
Also, I saw this video a little while ago and wanted to share it. This is not really in line with my tastes, but if I were to go down the Richard Mille, sporty Haute Horology route, I think it would be the JLC Extreme Lab. This watch is just crazy awesome, and at $50k, it is not that unreasonable.
It may be a little bit over the top, but there is no doubt that this would be a hell of a fun watch to wear!
that's a really cool watch (an understatement). i have to say that when i hit "play," i was a bit surprised by the music. not that i didn't like it (i think "chaiyya chaiyya" is great song); i just wasn't expecting it.post #25053 of 483129/19/13 at 9:00amI've enjoyed the shoe tangent guys....good stuff.
Personally I have far more calfskin dress shoes, and just two pairs of shell cordovans in my roster-- Alden single monks (#8) and Polo Darlton tassels (dark brown). I guess my tastes run more 'Merican. A lot of those colors (and shapes) above are quite attractive though.
And nice try, mimo, but I always read the fine print. Can we at least get a clue? What timepiece would take 90 days to ship, unless repairs or other considerations are involved? The suspense would kill me.post #25054 of 483129/19/13 at 10:04ampost #25055 of 483129/19/13 at 10:12amSimpson is very slim-fitting - just doesn`t work for me at all. Rain, Inca and Soller work great for my wide-ish feet, and a half-size up in Robert fits me well without being too long.
Jarmo - love that Junghans - I expect I will own one some day as well. At least I hope so.
My watch for today (which I consult frequently while stuck in a two-day conference):
Oh crap - I can`t get the picture insertion icon - you`ll have to cut and paste the link to find out.
http://www.fototime.com/5941157D99C58FD/orig.jpgpost #25056 of 483129/19/13 at 10:19ampost #25057 of 483129/19/13 at 10:53amQuote:
Being a tough fit, if they fit I generally buy them. For dress shoes I have some C&Js as they are available locally. However, for daily wear I really like Paraboot with a rubber sole. I have several pairs and they are very comfortable. No one around me carries EG, GG, Lobb, Corthay etc, so those require taking a trip. Aldens are really nice, but they have never really grabbed my attention.
Just a quick photo so my post is on topic. Today a VC 1972 Asymmetric. I love non-round cases. Tough to tell with the lighting but its RG.post #25058 of 483129/19/13 at 11:16amQuote:
It's going to kill me too, but I couldn't help saying something! I think it's clue enough to say that it's a definite "PMW", and I'm certainly feeling poor after this month's shoe binge. The delay is just that it had to be ordered - not available locally - and I just missed the last round of orders. I guess it's not a million miles away from what's below. But completely different.Quote:
Been looking at these a lot. There's a friend of mine who loves this whole Bauhaus thing (he's an architect), and to whom I owe more than one favour. If I can stop buying shoes every five minutes and sort myself out, I might have to get him a Max Bill one of these days.
Captain's looking very fine there, Roger. Can't help but speculate that the markers and hands might look rather splendid with your new shoes.post #25059 of 483129/19/13 at 12:02pmpost #25060 of 483129/19/13 at 4:00pmpost #25061 of 483129/19/13 at 4:30pmpost #25062 of 483129/19/13 at 4:56pm
Thanks Keith. I can't give you wrist report, but that Portofino is gorgeous. And as nice as those Santoni straps look in pics, they look that much better in person.
Mimo - thanks - how did you get my pic to show so large? Whenever I post they are small, and you have to click to get the larger size.post #25063 of 483129/19/13 at 6:16pmpost #25064 of 483129/19/13 at 6:50pmQuote:
Oi that asymmetric VC is captivating. I am usually drawn to more symmetrical pieces but this asymmetry... works for some reason. How large is the case?Quote:Originally Posted by mimo
It's going to kill me too, but I couldn't help saying something! I think it's clue enough to say that it's a definite "PMW", and I'm certainly feeling poor after this month's shoe binge. The delay is just that it had to be ordered - not available locally - and I just missed the last round of orders. I guess it's not a million miles away from what's below. But completely different.
mimo, remind me again how many shoes you bought this month?
Well, today I ended up buying one pair. Guess which one?post #25065 of 483129/19/13 at 8:55pm
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Cigars 10 seconds ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 14 seconds ago
- › Luxire and Styleforum Leather jackets - Official thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 13 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 25 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 26 minutes ago
- › Alden Shell Cordovan Perforated Captoe Boots in 11D 29 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 33 minutes ago
- › Viberg Black Horsehides in 2030 Size 9 33 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts