Yeah, thinking about the strap only. The bracelet is too much, and not as comfortable on my wrist.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 1:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on 7/22/16 at 10:03pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1665post #24962 of 483129/17/13 at 6:10ampost #24963 of 483129/17/13 at 6:59ampost #24964 of 483129/17/13 at 7:04ampost #24965 of 483129/17/13 at 7:32ampost #24966 of 483129/17/13 at 7:45amQuote:
I have never felt much of a pull for ROCs but that picture you posted was lovely and would certainly convince me to take a second look.post #24967 of 483129/17/13 at 7:49ampost #24968 of 483129/17/13 at 8:03ampost #24969 of 483129/17/13 at 8:09am
The AP ROC is nice and I remember watching that episode and noticing the watch! I have not tried on a gold sport watch but think it may catch my eye at some point in life. I enjoy when other TWATers post them as YG tends to be in your face loud and I may not enjoy that once on my wrist.post #24970 of 483129/17/13 at 8:13amQuote:
To paraphrase PG (remember him??) - Exackery. On a related note, the new 15202 (different colour date window to example above) is IMO superb, and I may have started saving already for it...
Honestly do not think it is a good idea to trade 3 watches, each superb in their own right, for (IMO) the watch equivalent of baconaise, or a hot pink Ferrari.
Think about it - IMO as a "design icon" it fails (a PG version of a luxury steel watch??), as a sports watch it fails (croc strap), and as a chronograph, well, for $50k MSRP there are plenty of other options out there. If you are after this sort of "look" the VC Overseas chrono comes to mind.
Edited by apropos - 9/17/13 at 9:20ampost #24971 of 483129/17/13 at 9:03amQuote:I am (once again) contemplating selling a bunch of watches, including an IWC Portuguese 7-days, vintage nipple dialled 18k GMT-Master and original Jo Siffert Autavia, to fund an Audemars Piguet ROC in rose gold.
Am I crazy?
CRAY-CRAY.post #24972 of 483129/17/13 at 9:27amQuote:
Love it. This one is currently on the top of my wish list.post #24973 of 483129/17/13 at 9:30amQuote:
+1. man that is a beautiful watch. i usually prefer the RO on the bracelet, but i think here its better in strap.post #24974 of 483129/17/13 at 9:36ampost #24975 of 483129/17/13 at 9:42am
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › NIKE Thread 1 minute ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › East Sicily Tailors 6 minutes ago
- › Does it REALLY matter where I get my jeans? 6 minutes ago
- › Rick Owens High Ramones sneakers 7 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 8 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › Want to find shirts like I saw in this movie 9 minutes ago
- › Julius Julius_7 Polygon Sneakers Reverse Leather 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding