or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 164  

post #2446 of 48312
yeah he responded. The other one is much cheaper but it has a chunk taken out of it which would kill the sale for me even if it was $300.
post #2447 of 48312
Stowa Marine Original. I'm waiting on honey and navy gator straps to really make this thing pop. It has gained 1 second in the past 3 days. Pretty good. Pretty, pretty, pretty good.

post #2448 of 48312
Petek Philippe--gentleman watch
LOVE IT!
LL
post #2449 of 48312
Only mechanical watch that I own. A Favre-Leuba sea king
Attachment 14120
post #2450 of 48312
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusvs View Post
My choice is the JLC Master Control Geographic. Thinking about getting a brown croc strap for it, what do you think (I use mainly brown shoes/belts)?

[IMG] [url=http://g.imageshack.us/img516/20081023img17[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Beautiful watch gusvs !

I support the idea of a brown/honey alligator strap. I just wouldn't go too dark of a brown with the silver face.

post #2451 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Beautiful watch gusvs !

I support the idea of a brown/honey alligator strap. I just wouldn't go too dark of a brown with the silver face.

Yes, I also support this idea. Here's a pic of my new strap in brown with a silver dial:

post #2452 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusvs View Post
My choice is the JLC Master Control Geographic. Thinking about getting a brown croc strap for it, what do you think (I use mainly brown shoes/belts)?

[IMG] [url=http://g.imageshack.us/img516/20081023img17[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Absolutely beautiful. Perfect watch...
post #2453 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Beautiful watch gusvs !

I support the idea of a brown/honey alligator strap. I just wouldn't go too dark of a brown with the silver face.


Thanks! Needless to say, I am extremely happy with the watch. I agree, too dark would not be right.
post #2454 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liyana View Post
Petek Philippe--gentleman watch
LOVE IT!

PP rules!! I was saving my money and hoped one day I could wear one, but then the stock market crashed ...
post #2455 of 48312
Here is the only watch I own:



It was designed by Tokujin Yoshioka for Issey Miyake and made by Seiko. Obviously purchased for the design, not the quartz technology.

Better photo (not mine):

post #2456 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by spertia View Post
Here is the only watch I own:



It was designed by Tokujin Yoshioka for Issey Miyake and made by Seiko. Obviously purchased for the design, not the quartz technology.

Better photo (not mine):

Cool! Is it two rotating 'wheels', or is it an LCD?
post #2457 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_del View Post
Cool! Is it two rotating 'wheels', or is it an LCD?

Each disk rotates. The only bad thing about this slightly unconventional setup is that at certain points in the day it is actually a bit difficult to tell the time!
post #2458 of 48312
Speaking of hard to tell the time, I have one of these guys: I also have one of these, another Issey Miyake deal: Also, does anyone have any advice regarding where I can get an antique chronograph repaired/restored in New York City? Thanks.
post #2459 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_del View Post
Yes, I also support this idea. Here's a pic of my new strap in brown with a silver dial:

Beautiful, beautiful Seamaster.
post #2460 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanrose View Post
Speaking of hard to tell the time, I have one of these guys:

You think that's hard to tell time? I used to have one of these.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)