Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 1:08 am in Classic Menswear
- Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com? Last post on 2/1/16 at 9:53am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1573
Styles mentioned in this thread:
It does seem to have some abrasives in it, and they did not recommended for use on any type of brushed metal. And yes, it does look like pixie dust. It also has silver polish or something like that absorbed into it. It's very moist and oily, and it makes your hands black.
After you use it, you need to buff it with a regular polishing cloth, and then soak it or rub it in some jewelry cleaning solution, and then buff it again with the regular polishing cloth to get all the polish from the Cape Cod cloth out. Totally worth it though.
It should be noted though, that it really is only meant for small surface type scratches. It will not remove any types of dings, dents, or deeper scratches.
Basically, it does not have a factory finish obviously, but it does a very nice job restoring it to a much prettier state than before. I can see it as something I would use often to touch up the watch and keep it looking nice and fresh.
I made a little test to find out which watch suits your style. The test looks like this:
So, I'm a IWC guy :). You can try the test here. Tell me what you think!
Mine came out as IWC too. How many other possible outcomes are there? I went back and entered completely different (and in my opinion, shallow moronic douchebag stereotype) choices, and it gave me...Omega. Which seemed a bit odd.
Now, it's true that I have been staring at an IWC a lot lately (I stare at a lot of things, it just happens to have featured recently), so it seemed a little uncanny. But the great irony to me is that my only "proper" watch is...an Omega...
"I have opinions on typography". That had to be inspired by you; I just wonder where it leads in the test!
That looks wonderful, Stitchy!*
(*Now try your shoes.)
anyway, I came out IWC as well! haha
i do polish them a little bit these days, after a dozen wears or so.
^ those questions seem goofy. I love to ride my bike and have since I was a child, but I don't think hipster, fixies are "stylish". People go "Oh" when you tell them the brand? Like "Oh, WOW! That's a something something" or "Oh. What the hell is that.. never heard of it."
anyway, I came out IWC as well! haha
its gotta be IWC behind it, and its shameful and lame. makes me not want to buy their watches.
this sounds like kind of day that is better than most other kinds of days.
not all phone pics are crappy.
thank, R, me too!
Unfortunately, they led it to believe that I would be compelled to buy some kind of ETA-movement IWC, which is ample enough evidence for me that the test is deeply flawed.
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 34 seconds ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 3 minutes ago
- › End of Bills Khakis 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 7 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL THRIFT/DISCOUNT STORE FIT PIC BRAGGING THREAD 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...