Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Yesterday at 1:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:19 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1573post #23581 of 483127/31/13 at 10:28ampost #23582 of 483127/31/13 at 10:47ampost #23583 of 483127/31/13 at 11:07amThanks!
It does seem to have some abrasives in it, and they did not recommended for use on any type of brushed metal. And yes, it does look like pixie dust. It also has silver polish or something like that absorbed into it. It's very moist and oily, and it makes your hands black.
After you use it, you need to buff it with a regular polishing cloth, and then soak it or rub it in some jewelry cleaning solution, and then buff it again with the regular polishing cloth to get all the polish from the Cape Cod cloth out. Totally worth it though.
It should be noted though, that it really is only meant for small surface type scratches. It will not remove any types of dings, dents, or deeper scratches.
Basically, it does not have a factory finish obviously, but it does a very nice job restoring it to a much prettier state than before. I can see it as something I would use often to touch up the watch and keep it looking nice and fresh.post #23584 of 483127/31/13 at 12:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by oannes
I made a little test to find out which watch suits your style. The test looks like this:
So, I'm a IWC guy :). You can try the test here. Tell me what you think!
Mine came out as IWC too. How many other possible outcomes are there? I went back and entered completely different (and in my opinion, shallow moronic douchebag stereotype) choices, and it gave me...Omega. Which seemed a bit odd.
Now, it's true that I have been staring at an IWC a lot lately (I stare at a lot of things, it just happens to have featured recently), so it seemed a little uncanny. But the great irony to me is that my only "proper" watch is...an Omega...
"I have opinions on typography". That had to be inspired by you; I just wonder where it leads in the test!
That looks wonderful, Stitchy!*
(*Now try your shoes.)post #23585 of 483127/31/13 at 1:07pm^ those questions seem goofy. I love to ride my bike and have since I was a child, but I don't think hipster, fixies are "stylish". People go "Oh" when you tell them the brand? Like "Oh, WOW! That's a something something" or "Oh. What the hell is that.. never heard of it."
anyway, I came out IWC as well! hahapost #23586 of 483127/31/13 at 1:09pm
i do polish them a little bit these days, after a dozen wears or so.Quote:Originally Posted by Kid Nickels
^ those questions seem goofy. I love to ride my bike and have since I was a child, but I don't think hipster, fixies are "stylish". People go "Oh" when you tell them the brand? Like "Oh, WOW! That's a something something" or "Oh. What the hell is that.. never heard of it."
anyway, I came out IWC as well! haha
its gotta be IWC behind it, and its shameful and lame. makes me not want to buy their watches.post #23587 of 483127/31/13 at 1:36pmpost #23588 of 483127/31/13 at 1:38pmpost #23589 of 483127/31/13 at 1:47pmpost #23590 of 483127/31/13 at 2:00pmpost #23591 of 483127/31/13 at 3:39pmpost #23592 of 483127/31/13 at 3:47pm
It will have to be crappy cell phone pics until Monday - I'm taking the rest of the week off, and my camera is at the office.
Stitchy - lookin' real good bro. I just love the red accents on that piece.post #23593 of 483127/31/13 at 4:12pmQuote:
this sounds like kind of day that is better than most other kinds of days.Quote:
not all phone pics are crappy.Quote:Stitchy - lookin' real good bro. I just love the red accents on that piece.
thank, R, me too!post #23594 of 483127/31/13 at 4:31pmQuote:Possibly; I have strong opinions on the subject!
Unfortunately, they led it to believe that I would be compelled to buy some kind of ETA-movement IWC, which is ample enough evidence for me that the test is deeply flawed.post #23595 of 483127/31/13 at 5:26pm
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 52 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply Napoli Navy Thread: NWT 38R, 40R, 42R 10 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › REDUCED EDWARD GREEN Inverness UK 8.5 15 minutes ago
- › Enrico Isaia Suit Jacket (52R / 42R) 16 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...