Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 6:41 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 1:26 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1566post #23476 of 483127/27/13 at 5:53ampost #23477 of 483127/27/13 at 6:06ampost #23478 of 483127/27/13 at 6:23amQuote:Originally Posted by dddreesQuote:Without a doubt, I would say yes. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
and Yes to a Sub!post #23479 of 483127/27/13 at 7:05am
Congrats bud! It looks great! Brand new, it looks like the cape cod cloth did wonders!
Finally finished with the exam. I have enjoyed catching up on all the threads over the last few days. The date function thing is really interesting. And i enjoyed reading everyone's perspectives to the question I asked a few days ago. I look forward to contributing hear more regularly again!post #23480 of 483127/27/13 at 9:17ampost #23481 of 483127/27/13 at 9:57ampost #23482 of 483127/27/13 at 11:06amSo, I found out the issue with my MUT Moon:
"In regards to the watchmaker's diagnosis, it seems that there was an issue with the minute hand and the second hand touching during rotation. A slight adjustment that will be remedied by the replacement of those hands and a maintenance service to re-seal the case."
Well, at least things will be good as new! They also said they will give it the full spa treatment. Looks like it will be coming back in a few weeks. Not too shabby!post #23483 of 483127/27/13 at 11:30ampost #23484 of 483127/27/13 at 11:33am
...the barman says "Time, gentlemen, please."
GMT says: "What?"
Barman says: "Sorry. You're not from around here, are you?"
(That might take some digesting, but if you don't get it, you'll just have to take my word that it's jolly clever.)post #23485 of 483127/27/13 at 11:44amOh dear, my wife has apparently found the PP boutique in London, where the sales agent showed her a 7119/1 -- judging by the photographic evidence.
While this strikes mortal fear into my wallet, I will admit to you gentlemen that -- as ladies watches go -- I do think it's a real beaut.post #23486 of 483127/27/13 at 11:47ampost #23487 of 483127/27/13 at 11:54ampost #23488 of 483127/27/13 at 12:12pm
NS, you're really rolling out the pr0n here. And I don't mean that as a lascivious comment about your legs. Great watch, great pics.
OM, that is a pretty watch. Now you know where your wife is, maybe check where your credit cards are?post #23489 of 483127/27/13 at 12:53pmpost #23490 of 483127/27/13 at 1:01pmBack when we were discussing the Daytona, I was searching desperately for a picture that I saw on one of the watch forums. Now that we're discussing the prospect of wearing a Rolex in a restaurant, I was able to find the picture:
Daytona after seven years of continuous wear while running a restaurant. Now what I was going to say is that if I could find a Daytona that looked like this (But with the movement in good shape), I would buy it.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 22 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 29 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › bespoke overcoats - what have you ordered for the winter season 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 4 minutes ago
- › + DRIES VAN NOTEN + 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 8 minutes ago
- › Is this too tight? 10 minutes ago
- › King of the Roped Shoulder 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...