And I am with Frills on this one. Long posts are definitely the best.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 7:08 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on 9/28/16 at 4:19am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1534post #22996 of 483127/12/13 at 2:36pmpost #22997 of 483127/12/13 at 2:55pmpost #22998 of 483127/12/13 at 3:48pmQuote:
Oh thank you sir. Reading this thread at this point would be like something of a very, very long novel. I am pleased to say I have read every page. Gosh that it is a lot of pages.post #22999 of 483127/12/13 at 3:49pmStitchy, I've been out on vacation since 7/6.... and my eyes are now watering from about 20 pages of TWAT catch-up...
(OMG did I just create a new condiment? Y'all know what I mean.)
...but anyway +1 on the new piece ....definitely want to see a wrist shot ASAP.
I will simply add for now that I love the blue dial/red accent combo (reminds me of the Monaco) and it's great that this one will "scratch the datejust itch" for you.
Being totally honest, the one thing that bugs me about the TOG is the fluted bezel with numbers. I realize that's the whole point, just not crazy about it.
And that's not to rain on your parade, I swear.
Very happy for you, mayne.
And you got a BONUS coming your way, too?
Must be livin' right.post #23000 of 483127/12/13 at 3:59pmQuote:
Mate, you are one of the few lucky blokes working at where your hobby is at!post #23001 of 483127/12/13 at 4:03pmpost #23002 of 483127/12/13 at 4:12pmQuote:
It's a great look - can't blame you for falling in love with that beautiful blue dial and red accents! 'Grats again - on the watch and the incoming bonus!
Haven't shared that tidbit with my TWAT brothers, so here goes: after 15 years in the US of A, finally became eligible for citizenship and took the oath this morning. Bam! In the words of that famous US citizen M.C. Hammer, I guess I had to prove I was legit! Too legit to quit!post #23003 of 483127/12/13 at 4:46pmpost #23004 of 483127/12/13 at 5:08pmpost #23005 of 483127/12/13 at 5:09pmpost #23006 of 483127/12/13 at 7:54pmpost #23007 of 483127/12/13 at 9:19pmQuote:
Thanks a bunch, folks! Dino944 - an astute observation. I am sure you just missed it, but the shoes in that red shade ("vintage cherry") matches the TOG's red accents too.
Stitchy's choice is quite patriotic, it turns out!post #23008 of 483127/12/13 at 9:30pmJust finished reading your little blurb stitchy--great story!
I think you made the right decision. The blue dial and red accents on the ToG are just spectacular. I cannot believe I never that watch even existed.
And you know, the funny thing about the one that got away is that sometimes she is not as great as you remember. Although I know that you always missed your old DJ, I think that this one is the perfect marriage between new and old. I think it will bring you lots of joy! The bracelet is a huge part of a sports watch, and if you do not love it, that is a bit bummer.
I could see it be very difficult to get rid of a Rolex. I think that I could bear with losing my JLC MUT Moon over my Speedmaster. Although I certainly prefer my MUT Moon, as it is objectively a better watch, I love the fact that I can strap on the Speedmaster and do whatever I want with it.
I look forward to seeing some wrist pics! Especially some comparison pics with your PAM.post #23009 of 483127/13/13 at 4:41ampost #23010 of 483127/13/13 at 5:46am
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 22 minutes ago
- › The Proper Kit Trunk Show, Saturday, Nov 5, New York, by Styleforum... 22 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 36 minutes ago
- › Context or Leffot Color 8 NST Boot for Trade - Shell Cordovan 37 minutes ago
- › Which colour belt to wear with these?! 38 minutes ago
- › WTB-Alden LWB CORDOVAN SHELL 40 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy 55 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 hour ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...