And I am with Frills on this one. Long posts are definitely the best.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 2:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com? Last post on 2/1/16 at 9:53am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1534
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #22997 of 482697/12/13 at 2:55pmpost #22998 of 482697/12/13 at 3:48pmQuote:
Oh thank you sir. Reading this thread at this point would be like something of a very, very long novel. I am pleased to say I have read every page. Gosh that it is a lot of pages.post #22999 of 482697/12/13 at 3:49pmStitchy, I've been out on vacation since 7/6.... and my eyes are now watering from about 20 pages of TWAT catch-up...
(OMG did I just create a new condiment? Y'all know what I mean.)
...but anyway +1 on the new piece ....definitely want to see a wrist shot ASAP.
I will simply add for now that I love the blue dial/red accent combo (reminds me of the Monaco) and it's great that this one will "scratch the datejust itch" for you.
Being totally honest, the one thing that bugs me about the TOG is the fluted bezel with numbers. I realize that's the whole point, just not crazy about it.
And that's not to rain on your parade, I swear.
Very happy for you, mayne.
And you got a BONUS coming your way, too?
Must be livin' right.post #23000 of 482697/12/13 at 3:59pmQuote:
Mate, you are one of the few lucky blokes working at where your hobby is at!post #23001 of 482697/12/13 at 4:03pmpost #23002 of 482697/12/13 at 4:12pmQuote:
It's a great look - can't blame you for falling in love with that beautiful blue dial and red accents! 'Grats again - on the watch and the incoming bonus!
Haven't shared that tidbit with my TWAT brothers, so here goes: after 15 years in the US of A, finally became eligible for citizenship and took the oath this morning. Bam! In the words of that famous US citizen M.C. Hammer, I guess I had to prove I was legit! Too legit to quit!post #23003 of 482697/12/13 at 4:46pmpost #23004 of 482697/12/13 at 5:08pmpost #23005 of 482697/12/13 at 5:09pmpost #23006 of 482697/12/13 at 7:54pmpost #23007 of 482697/12/13 at 9:19pmQuote:
Thanks a bunch, folks! Dino944 - an astute observation. I am sure you just missed it, but the shoes in that red shade ("vintage cherry") matches the TOG's red accents too.
Stitchy's choice is quite patriotic, it turns out!post #23008 of 482697/12/13 at 9:30pmJust finished reading your little blurb stitchy--great story!
I think you made the right decision. The blue dial and red accents on the ToG are just spectacular. I cannot believe I never that watch even existed.
And you know, the funny thing about the one that got away is that sometimes she is not as great as you remember. Although I know that you always missed your old DJ, I think that this one is the perfect marriage between new and old. I think it will bring you lots of joy! The bracelet is a huge part of a sports watch, and if you do not love it, that is a bit bummer.
I could see it be very difficult to get rid of a Rolex. I think that I could bear with losing my JLC MUT Moon over my Speedmaster. Although I certainly prefer my MUT Moon, as it is objectively a better watch, I love the fact that I can strap on the Speedmaster and do whatever I want with it.
I look forward to seeing some wrist pics! Especially some comparison pics with your PAM.post #23009 of 482697/13/13 at 4:41ampost #23010 of 482697/13/13 at 5:46am
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 minute ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Spring is in the air! BRUNELLO CUCINELLI Safari Jacket *NWT* MSRP... 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Fantastic Vass black crocodile wholecuts. Size 43.5 U last 6 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF FEB... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...