Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:46 pm in Classic Menswear
- Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com? Last post on 2/1/16 at 9:53am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1526
Styles mentioned in this thread:
if you can spot me about 15k, i will change my plans just so your guess will be right. i think tho, i have overhyped this and the reveal will be a letdown.
that is not a quick question, and neither is wrong. at this very moment, id go RO. but next week that could change.
I think I would be quite satisfied in life if I was able to commission my own Vacheron Constantin.
One of my watch goals for 2013 was being content and happy with my collection. It is a difficult exercise. I have already found a candidate for leaving my watch box (Omega Planet Ocean) and a candidate for taking its place. For some reason, the monetary diff of out and in is never in my favour. Why is that?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The orange PO was my summer beater for a while, and I do find it an excellent everyday watch. Still, I have a few Rolexes on bracelets, and usually end up with them instead. My white Exp II has become my go-to watch for any adventure summer or winter, or if the adventure involves submersion, I'll use my 16610, the only watch that gets a yearly test of water resistance. I've also come to prefer the thinner Oyster-cases to the more beefy PO. Still love the orange bezel, though!
The in-candidate? I'll get back to that one. Both the model and the complication has featured on TWAT recently
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looking forward to seeing what is incoming! Monetary diff in vs. out is always in the dealers favor .
I'd never get away with that! Mrs. Dino has eagle eyes and wouldn't miss a watch, an item of clothing, or anything else if I wore it.
Really tough question. Each is so different. I love my 16520. I find the dial a tad more elegant with the smaller luminous markers than on the new 116520s. I also prefer its subdial for continuous second at 9 o'clock. Its movement was thoroughly re-worked and modified by Rolex, so it has more hand workmanship that most do today, and it was the most accurate watch I ever owned. Not as practical as the modern 116520 which has a much longer power reserve, and better built bracelet and clasp...but I still like the 16520 a lot. I like each version of Daytona enough that I kept my oldie and also picked up the current model.
The RO, is an iconic design, cal 3120 is beautiful in house movement, which you can actually view through the saphire glass back. Gives you a date if that matters. Its more finely finished than the 16520, but I find most ROs (other than maybe an Offshore Scuba) a bit more delicate. Its from a brand that many consider far more elite than Rolex.
If the AP were a Jumbo, then I'd go AP. I think on this one, I'd go Daytona. I love the looks of the 16520, and it was in production for less time than any other Daytonas, and also had a lot of re-working of the movement. Also, I know its trivia...but the sweep second hand on the 15300 has always bothered me. I don't like the tail end of it. Small, silly detail I know...but its the details that often make or break a decision for me.
VC's standard production watches are beautiful...but to be able to commission my own "Dino Edition" VC...that would be amazing!
yeah, same here. but a man can dream cant he?!?
outside of that i have no idea how i wont end up on the porch for a month.
The porch? Dang, Mrs. Stitchy plays by some harsh rules. And heck, at least it is summer time. I am sure you could make the porch quite comfortable this time of year.
sadly, the muggy bmore nights are miserable. porch would be no bueno. the reality is, she'll notice. then she'll be pissed. then she'll get over it.
in the morrow, i hope to be able to make the (anti-climatic) reveal. just waiting on one more piece to fall in line.
Somewhat off-topic: got some new shoes from the Leffot sale in NYC last week - Gaziano & Girling Barclays in mole suede. Paired with Phineas Cole socks and 3970P today:
Yes, I need to get that pant bottom (re)-hemmed...
But, just had to share this: got myself a Nano Suede Protector from Tarrago and tested it on the shoes:
How awesome is that? Hah hah!
that is pretty much our agreement. with the addendum that the wife still retains the right to get mad at me for frivolously spending our money.
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- › Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) 29 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 19 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 20 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 23 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 26 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 30 minutes ago
- › Video Games 34 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 37 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...