Also, great DJ, I really like the black gator strap that you have on it!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 11:48 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 12:29 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1510post #22636 of 483127/2/13 at 1:18pmpost #22637 of 483127/2/13 at 1:21pmpost #22638 of 483127/2/13 at 2:17pmpost #22639 of 483127/2/13 at 2:26pmHonestly, that is the only watch that would district me from Patek and AL&S in that price range, other than some indies.
In my opinion, one of the most gorgeous watches I have ever seen. It would be a completely emotional purchase, but damn, that watch is just gorgeous.
I love the sight of the balance wheel sneaking out from the back.post #22640 of 483127/2/13 at 2:31pm
I have been looking at other manufacturers for some time; AP has some classic pieces, and the 15202ST would really be a great companion piece to my PP 5711/1A. However, since I'm also a fan of Arnold Schwarzenegger, the AP ROO T3 just really sings to me for a variety of reasons:
I mean, the case back is something of a robust variety that even a skeptic like mimo would appreciate. BOOM!
I am just kidding.
But I actually know a couple of people who own this piece, and they seem very happy with it. I don't know the gentleman below personally, but I believe he owns at least one AP ROO T3.post #22641 of 483127/2/13 at 2:51pmpost #22642 of 483127/2/13 at 3:07pmpost #22643 of 483127/2/13 at 3:10pmpost #22644 of 483127/2/13 at 3:13pmpost #22645 of 483127/2/13 at 4:03pmpost #22646 of 483127/2/13 at 5:19pm
But, it's for AHNOLD!
Here's AH-NOLD doing a "modified Frills pose" (bawhawhawhaw) with a printed shirt that Keith T would surely appreciate. And a Rolex on his wrist. Boom!
And that BELT BUCKLE - surely SF-approved!post #22647 of 483127/2/13 at 7:28pmpost #22648 of 483127/2/13 at 7:30pm
Where would you guys suggest I start if I am looking for a very specific year vintage rolex (1980). Condition is not as important. Any good websites specializing in vintage rolex?
Timzone.com or rolexforums.com.
If you do not want to deal with a forum, try hqmilton.com. Jacek knows his stuff.
Beware that many vintage Rolex watches have been severely molested. They may come with parts that are not correct for the time period, some of which, like date dials, will be a dead give away to anybody who knows anything about Rolex.
Finally, always buy a seller, not a watch.
Edited by papa kot - 7/3/13 at 4:36pmpost #22649 of 483127/2/13 at 7:36pmpost #22650 of 483127/2/13 at 8:38pmOMG that Governator pic is so full of win!
In my mind he's wearing a pair of white leather tennis shoes underneath.
Like some 90's-era Nike cross-trainers.
Good advice from papa kot on the vintage Rolex sourcing....those sellers have good reps in the community, esp. Jacek.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 35 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 7 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 7 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 15 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding