Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 2:37 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 4:26 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1464post #21946 of 483126/14/13 at 11:47pmpost #21947 of 483126/15/13 at 12:16ampost #21948 of 483126/15/13 at 1:39am
I know there was a debate earlier about the JLC Reveil but take a look at this one
There similar looking but crowns have a different function. I think the Universal Geneve are the ones who designed the Reveil movement for JLC but the Polerouter sub was very thin but waterproof dive watch and I believe the second crown was to move the bezel. There's one selling on *Bay that's already getting heavy bidding on it. Supposedly these are very rare.
I really like the patina on this watch.post #21949 of 483126/15/13 at 2:04amQuote:
If you saw that strap in person, I assure you, you would consider marrying it. :)
But I still loved the 423 more anyway...post #21950 of 483126/15/13 at 2:34ampost #21951 of 483126/15/13 at 5:14ampost #21952 of 483126/15/13 at 6:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Keith T
Is the 323 on the Jules Verne (sueded croc) strap? Those are supposed to be great....I've heard that they are buttery soft right from the get-go, and they age very well. Of course most Paneristi are going to be swapping out constantly anyway.
Stitchy: love the last pic...that's a great pair.
The JV straps are amazing. Hot one for my 251 as I think it's the best looking strap on a white face PAM. Alas, I traded the 251. But still have the JV. It would look better on a tobacco dial than on my black dial PAMs. Guess ill have to break down and snag a tobacco dial luminorpost #21953 of 483126/15/13 at 6:58ampost #21954 of 483126/15/13 at 9:34amAnyone interested in a Jules Verne strap may want to check out Peter with Watchacc. He's an online (Asian?) seller, does custom stuff and has a good rep in the WIS community.
No store front that I am aware of, basically handles transactions via email/PayPal.
His version of the JV should be less than $200 US, and he can do different tapers, stitch colors, pretty much whatever you want.
I believe he calls it "gold nubuck", but it's quite close to the Panerai OEM and I've only read good things, and seen lovely pics.
Here's his Facebook page:
And an old Time Zone Sales Corner listing for example...
As a disclaimer, I have no relationship with the seller and in fact have not purchased from him, but I can vouch that he returned an email inquiry very promptly and professionally.
P.S. Nice avatar, Mimo.post #21955 of 483126/15/13 at 9:38am
^^ Thanks Keith; it's from this week's "Friday Challenge"; in which I'm tanking as usual, but at least found a use for one of the pics. I enjoyed this one!
Great tip on the straps; they look pretty incredible value compared to ABP.post #21956 of 483126/15/13 at 7:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by Newcomer
I can't help but agree. There is something about a Reverso that really is awesome. Your pics are doing plenty of convincing as well! I think that your new strap really completes it.
And that is very interesting regarding servicing. Personally, I am kind of scared shitless to send my watch anywhere other than La Grande Maison. I know it is pricey, but I am just incredibly OCD about that kind of stuff. With that said, the job looks OUTSTANDING. Looks like a brand spanking new watch. That has got to be a great feeling. Thanks a lot for the pictures. I may go through ABP this time, and I think that I will get a tang buckle. The JLC deployant on the MUT Moon and I just are not getting along.
glad to help push you in the reverso camp, they are amazing.
i was very nervous as well, but i have seen their work on hundreds of watches, many far more expensive than mine, and considering it was just a simple touch up on the high gloss and relubing the movement, the cost benefit ratio was not enough for me to send to JLC. but to each their own.
glad to share the pics, and tahkns for the kind words. it really does feel awesome.Quote:
thanks, man! clasp is JLC, i had a black gator strap before and this was the original clasp the watch came with. i just had to take it off the old strap and put it on the new one.post #21957 of 483126/15/13 at 7:59pmpost #21958 of 483126/15/13 at 8:40pmpost #21959 of 483126/16/13 at 3:56amQuote:
That Tank Basculante is very cool! The last time I came across one I believe it was a quartz version, and as I'm sure you know the manual wind models are the ones that are more sought after (especially since they have F.Piguet movements). Great watch thanks for sharing some photos.post #21960 of 483126/16/13 at 4:22am
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread 5 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 4 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 9 minutes ago
- › FS: Acne Studios Charles Coat Black Size 46 9 minutes ago
- › TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): SPRING-SUMMER EDITION 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding