you guys are really making me desire an ultra thin dress watch.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 7:08 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on 9/28/16 at 4:19am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1433post #21481 of 483126/3/13 at 6:02pmpost #21482 of 483126/3/13 at 6:38pmJust thought y'all would find this interesting! A really cool read. A wooden watch!
http://ahci.watchprosite.com/show-forumpost/fi-16/pi-5910128/ti-867563/s-0/post #21483 of 483126/3/13 at 11:01pmQuote:
Actually, that's "just" the Celestial, not the sky moon. The sky moon is a bit more cluttered and "busy" for my tastes, and also crazy expensive. Celestial is just the sky/moon complication without the tourbillon and other features of the sky/moon.post #21484 of 483126/3/13 at 11:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Newcomer
Just thought y'all would find this interesting! A really cool read. A wooden watch!
not only is that amazing, it is quite beautiful. thanks for the link.Quote:
oops, i should have been paying more attention to the pic, i thought it was just the back of the S-M. its is a beauty either way. i hope you land one.post #21485 of 483126/4/13 at 6:14amThe Celestial is hot. Some good pictures, attached to an interesting article:
So, it looks like another watch is in my near future. For my graduation present, the folks and I are going to go to New York, and pick out a watch (among other things of course). The budget is ~$5,000, although preferably lower. I might be willing to supplement, but not much. The hitch is of course having to buy in New York!
Things I have thought of: Cartier Tank Solo with an engraving maybe from JC Randall? IWC Ingenieur? Omega AT? Nomos Weltzeit? I am thinking more along the lines of a dressier day to day watch.post #21486 of 483126/4/13 at 6:35ampost #21487 of 483126/4/13 at 7:22ampost #21488 of 483126/4/13 at 7:45ampost #21489 of 483126/4/13 at 7:54ampost #21490 of 483126/4/13 at 8:07ampost #21491 of 483126/4/13 at 8:08ampost #21492 of 483126/4/13 at 8:10am
Newcomer isn't a fan of the pre-owned route either (what can I say he and I are soulmates--dont judge)
As for Zenith, I love the Striking Tenth, or the 38mm regular chrono version, but since you already have the Speedy eh...
The NOMOS weltzeit stands out to me, but for some reason I like the Cartier for you too
Im trying to rack my brain for something else but I dont have anything yet for you
what does dressier day to day watch mean (you mean like a JLC MC )post #21493 of 483126/4/13 at 8:25amNewcomer, when you say "supplement"....I'm thinking stainless Reverso.
Haven't really priced them myself, but I'm guessing with discount you're under $7K.
Also, I know they're making them larger now.....have you tried the Tank Solo on the wrist?post #21494 of 483126/4/13 at 8:30am
Fantastic watch, but not my idea of a dressier everyday piece.
Also, I assumed we were looking at a new watch, since he and his folks are going to NY to pick one out. If used watches are an option, $5-6k opens up a much wider array of offerings.
Also, is that particular IWC that Newcomer mentioned powered by an ETA or Sellita movement?post #21495 of 483126/4/13 at 8:59amUnfortunately new is the only option available here. I know my parents want to buy something with me. And the Tank Solo looks great on my wrist.
I was thinking about those same Zenith's Cylon. Although I was also thinking maybe the Espada. Personally, I am not much of a stickler on versatility. I just would like something I could wear to work.
And yeah, the Reverso thought has definitely crossed my mind. Maybe the new ultra thin... Mmmmmm. A lot to think about for sure. And I will get a Master Control back one day. Or the MUT 38 in rose gold. That may be further down the line though..
The IWC would be neat, despite the pedestrian movement. Honestly that does not really bother me that much.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 5 minutes ago
- › Please advice on the fit of this suit 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 8 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 9 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...