thanks! most of the watches we have now are out for polish/service. i know a breitling and panny should be back soon and a TT DJ, not sure what else. will post here though when they are ready.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three Last post on Today at 7:14 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 3:11 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1402post #21016 of 483135/17/13 at 11:46am
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #21017 of 483135/17/13 at 12:13pm
I have no idea of the model. I bought because I liked its simplicity and the nice layout as you observed. Also, it does not seem they are all that rare in Brazil. I may buy other models if I find it.
I am not knowleadgeble about watches, but now I am curious to find out more about it. Thanks, sir.post #21018 of 483135/17/13 at 12:28pmI can't recall if I've posted this one before: If you want a sub-$5k world time watch with an in-house movement, hard to beat this Frederique Constant. FC's insistence on maintaining their quartz line hurts the brand perception, but if you don't give a shit about such things it's a solid offering.
Next, in the spirit of the gmt discussion, here's a GMT Roadster.
A bit louche, but it's a nice sports watch / travel watch alternative for me.post #21019 of 483135/17/13 at 12:46pm
I saw a similar Cartier in person. I love the romans and dial color, I just don't like many of the case shapes Cartier has to offer. I mean sometimes I see them on other people and think they look great but I personally wouldn't buy any I have seen.
Now that FC, that is hot and for sub-$5K that is a great choice.post #21020 of 483135/17/13 at 1:03pmpost #21021 of 483135/17/13 at 1:11pmQuote:
I saw one in person and the blue seemed slightly darker than it looks in that pic. That said, I still hate that model - never understood the appeal of a 50/50 bezel, especially on a 24 hour clock. I don't mind it if the bi-color ring is small, but when it's that big it seems excessive.
Edited by Big A - 5/17/13 at 1:23pmpost #21022 of 483135/17/13 at 1:40pmpost #21023 of 483135/17/13 at 1:42pmpost #21024 of 483135/17/13 at 2:05pmpost #21025 of 483135/17/13 at 2:13pmQuote:
This prompted me to check their website, where I found this beauty Omega...post #21026 of 483135/17/13 at 3:00pmpost #21027 of 483135/17/13 at 3:10pmpost #21028 of 483135/17/13 at 8:50pmQuote:
That's a (badly done) dial refinish. Wrong fonts, uneven printing - look at the uneven minute markers.
If its declared as refinished and priced accordingly, then I have no problem with it OK. The problem is that many sellers surreptitiously refinish or franken a watch without declaring it, and then charge primo prices.
Vintage Omegs are a minefield if you don't know what you should be looking for!!
Edited by apropos - 5/17/13 at 9:09pmpost #21029 of 483135/17/13 at 9:10pm
Interesting piece here, announced recently via TZ.
Patek split seconds chronograph. One of a kind. In TITANIUM. With a distinctly sporty (sportier) look than I've ever seen in the more traditional 5004s (even the limited 5004A's in steel with baton markers didn't look like this).
This limited (to ONE) piece will probably fetch a price that's a multiple of current secondary market prices for the 5004, even if 5004s trade anywhere from the mid-$200s to the low-$300s.
Pricing and stuff aside, what do you guys think of this piece?
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 42 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 57 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Futura Laboratories Cotton Drizzler Bomber Jacket $495 Lightweight L 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.