thanks! most of the watches we have now are out for polish/service. i know a breitling and panny should be back soon and a TT DJ, not sure what else. will post here though when they are ready.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 4:22 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 4:19 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1402post #21016 of 483125/17/13 at 11:46ampost #21017 of 483125/17/13 at 12:13pm
I have no idea of the model. I bought because I liked its simplicity and the nice layout as you observed. Also, it does not seem they are all that rare in Brazil. I may buy other models if I find it.
I am not knowleadgeble about watches, but now I am curious to find out more about it. Thanks, sir.post #21018 of 483125/17/13 at 12:28pmI can't recall if I've posted this one before: If you want a sub-$5k world time watch with an in-house movement, hard to beat this Frederique Constant. FC's insistence on maintaining their quartz line hurts the brand perception, but if you don't give a shit about such things it's a solid offering.
Next, in the spirit of the gmt discussion, here's a GMT Roadster.
A bit louche, but it's a nice sports watch / travel watch alternative for me.post #21019 of 483125/17/13 at 12:46pm
I saw a similar Cartier in person. I love the romans and dial color, I just don't like many of the case shapes Cartier has to offer. I mean sometimes I see them on other people and think they look great but I personally wouldn't buy any I have seen.
Now that FC, that is hot and for sub-$5K that is a great choice.post #21020 of 483125/17/13 at 1:03pmpost #21021 of 483125/17/13 at 1:11pmQuote:
I saw one in person and the blue seemed slightly darker than it looks in that pic. That said, I still hate that model - never understood the appeal of a 50/50 bezel, especially on a 24 hour clock. I don't mind it if the bi-color ring is small, but when it's that big it seems excessive.
Edited by Big A - 5/17/13 at 1:23pmpost #21022 of 483125/17/13 at 1:40pmpost #21023 of 483125/17/13 at 1:42pmpost #21024 of 483125/17/13 at 2:05pmpost #21025 of 483125/17/13 at 2:13pmQuote:
This prompted me to check their website, where I found this beauty Omega...post #21026 of 483125/17/13 at 3:00pmpost #21027 of 483125/17/13 at 3:10pmpost #21028 of 483125/17/13 at 8:50pmQuote:
That's a (badly done) dial refinish. Wrong fonts, uneven printing - look at the uneven minute markers.
If its declared as refinished and priced accordingly, then I have no problem with it OK. The problem is that many sellers surreptitiously refinish or franken a watch without declaring it, and then charge primo prices.
Vintage Omegs are a minefield if you don't know what you should be looking for!!
Edited by apropos - 5/17/13 at 9:09pmpost #21029 of 483125/17/13 at 9:10pm
Interesting piece here, announced recently via TZ.
Patek split seconds chronograph. One of a kind. In TITANIUM. With a distinctly sporty (sportier) look than I've ever seen in the more traditional 5004s (even the limited 5004A's in steel with baton markers didn't look like this).
This limited (to ONE) piece will probably fetch a price that's a multiple of current secondary market prices for the 5004, even if 5004s trade anywhere from the mid-$200s to the low-$300s.
Pricing and stuff aside, what do you guys think of this piece?post #21030 of 483125/17/13 at 9:12pm
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition 4 seconds ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 37 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 49 seconds ago
- › Nice boots for the Rain? 1 minute ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Gorgeous NWT Luigi Borrelli Napoli (mainline) Rain & Wind... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...