Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Yesterday at 3:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 6:17 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1340post #20086 of 483124/23/13 at 12:45pmpost #20087 of 483124/23/13 at 1:59pmpost #20088 of 483124/23/13 at 4:14pmpost #20089 of 483124/24/13 at 2:11amBreaking news from Basel: Rolex releases new McMansion-Dweller model
Well, I hope not, but this 21 mm bracelet design is worrisome:
It looks like there might be an update to the GMT, and I'm expecting a new Daytona version of some sort. Whatever it is, they're announcing the new stuff right now. While I hope they can curb their compulsion to embiggen every single model, I realize it's very unlikely with the recent oversized releases.post #20090 of 483124/24/13 at 3:17amQuote:Originally Posted by Belligero
It looks like there might be an update to the GMT, and I'm expecting a new Daytona version of some sort. Whatever it is, they're announcing the new stuff right now. While I hope they can curb their compulsion to embiggen every single model, I realize it's very unlikely with the recent oversized releases.
I hope it's not the 44mm Daytona that someone from the IWJG was so sure Rolex was going to announce.post #20091 of 483124/24/13 at 3:39amPress Release: Rolex releases new McMansion-Dweller model
April 24, Basel, Switzerland
Rolex SA, former producer of semi-tasteful watches, has just announced a model which is expected to do well with in the economically important demographic of overweight suburbanites.
The new McMansion-Dweller is expected to help satisfy the market's demand for a watch that's suited to the challenges faced by today's oversized consumer. Not only does it incorporate an advanced 905L steel (over 50% more resistant to buffalo-wing and BBQ sauces), but it also features an imposing 45 mm diameter for easy legibility even when vision is diminished by shortness of breath brought on by cramming in those last few handfuls of nachos. The increased surface area allows for extra bling, which is useful in attracting the attention of chain-restaurant and sports-bar staff at the local strip mall, and confirming one's status as a true baller when the luxury SUV is out of view.
The announcement is not entirely surprising, given their history of releasing ever-shinier and -larger versions, but the new McMansion dweller breaks new ground in the race to capture the fleeting attention of the modern energy-drink-addled imagination. Chet McClusky, marketing manager of Rolex's expanding-customer division said: "This new watch is both dope and sweet, yet super classy. It's just as awesome for wing night at Hooters as it is for idling in traffic... HEY LOOK, IS THAT A SQUIRREL!?"
Rumours of a younger-consumer-oriented version, tentatively dubbed the "Frat-Master" are as yet unconfirmed.post #20092 of 483124/24/13 at 3:43amQuote:Not as bad as I feared!
Platinum Daytona with ceramic bezel (40 mm)
Steel Blue/Black GMT (40 mm)
Steel Yacht-Master II (44 mm)
Edited by Belligero - 4/24/13 at 4:20ampost #20093 of 483124/24/13 at 5:04amQuote:
Yes, it is not so bad! Pass on the new Daytona though. By 40mm they mean 38.5mm as you measured it, right?
These models clearly are "just as awesome for wing night at Hooters as (they are) for idling in traffic!"post #20094 of 483124/24/13 at 5:29amKind of feeling the new Tudor Chrono Heritage Blue. I think I like some of the 70s vintage Heuers more though.
http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/ibasel-world-2013-introducing-the-tudor-heritage-chronograph-blue-live-pics-full-specs-pricingpost #20095 of 483124/24/13 at 5:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Axelman 17
Kind of feeling the new Tudor Chrono Heritage Blue. I think I like some of the 70s vintage Heuers more though.
Tudor has been digging through their archive, without a doubt. I would rather get a vintage Snowflake than the Black Bay, or a vintage Monte Carlo than this new chrono.post #20096 of 483124/24/13 at 5:59ampost #20097 of 483124/24/13 at 6:20amInteresting line up. Still nothing I would buy.
Thank goodness because I'm leaning towards the Omega DSOM and there's only so much my wife can handle right now..post #20098 of 483124/24/13 at 6:30ampost #20099 of 483124/24/13 at 6:42ampost #20100 of 483124/24/13 at 6:44amYeah, I think the GMT is rather cool. Bicolored bezel would have been better though!
I think the Daytona looks absurd. Nothing screams "50th Anniversary" better than a different metal, a different dial color, and a different bezel color than the original! And I don't even want to know the price of it...
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 5 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 7 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 8 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 21 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 27 minutes ago
- › Royal oxford vs oxford 34 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 43 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...