As opposed to Ebay, where cheaper watches typically go at or slightly above fair market value (dang those uninformed buyers and sellers!)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three Last post on Today at 4:18 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:40 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1335
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #20012 of 483134/20/13 at 1:36pmpost #20013 of 483134/20/13 at 3:12pmpost #20014 of 483134/20/13 at 3:24pmSo, what will Baselworld be bringing us this year?
I am hoping that this year we get a Pepsi or Coke GMT. I was reading TRF, and came across a post by Jocke that mentioned the following patent was recently filed by Rolex:
I found this paragraph particularly interesting:
" If other metals, such as iron, titanium, cobalt, manganese or vanadium are used instead of or in addition to chromium, it is possible to obtain a color other than red. With cobalt or iron, for example, it is thus possible to obtain a blue or green coloration depending on the degree of oxidation. The degree of oxidation is determined by the heat-treatment conditions, in particular the atmosphere present in the furnace."
There is a lot of talk in the patent about a red ceramic. This could be very interesting. I am not too familiar with international patent law, and this patent may go unused for a little while, but there is a chance!post #20015 of 483134/20/13 at 3:36pmpost #20016 of 483134/20/13 at 4:41pmpost #20017 of 483134/20/13 at 5:51pmI wasn't planning on it, but I do need to stop in Ercoles and I'd love to watch you spend a very large sum of money on a watch. The question is can I take an extra day off this week and do I feel like making the drive.post #20018 of 483134/20/13 at 6:04pmQuote:
Heh heh - well you'll have to give me a heads up so that I can make sure I wear shirts with the right cuff size on the left wrist!!!post #20019 of 483134/20/13 at 7:11pmQuote:
Quote:Looks like a great read and a fantastic reading companion!
+1 too al of these.
for you mimopost #20020 of 483134/20/13 at 8:31pmpost #20021 of 483134/21/13 at 5:53am
I take it that's a rhetorical question?!Quote:Originally Posted by in stitches
for you mimo
Baby Blue Day-Date (Click to show)
My dear Stitchy, how thoughtful of you. But I'm sorry to say I don't like it. At least, I don't love it. A friend of mine has just this watch, and frankly I think it looks effeminate on him. When I said I wanted a Rolex with a deep blue dial, I mean more like this:
And if you're still reading, then I'm thinking an extravagant Gollum-version of you would be unable to resist this. So have it from me!post #20022 of 483134/21/13 at 6:10ampost #20023 of 483134/21/13 at 6:14ampost #20024 of 483134/21/13 at 6:24ampost #20025 of 483134/21/13 at 6:34amRolex does the deep blue dial on the DJ
My oris worldtimer is a blue dial and I love it... but I think if I were going to do another blue (and money were no object), it would be this baby:
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Hair Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent FW 13 Skinny Leather pants 13 minutes ago
- › Denims 22 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 23 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 37 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 40 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 42 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.