Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 2:44 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 9:59 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1279post #19171 of 483123/22/13 at 10:11ampost #19172 of 483123/22/13 at 11:22ampost #19173 of 483123/22/13 at 11:33am
ill PM my paypal info so that this easy fix can be applied.Quote:Originally Posted by Flake
Almost wore mine today but at the last minute picked this instead: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
cant fault you there.post #19174 of 483123/22/13 at 1:43pmpost #19175 of 483123/22/13 at 1:50pmpost #19176 of 483123/22/13 at 1:53pmpost #19177 of 483123/22/13 at 2:00pm
New shoes for the Speedy 9300. Worn on the bracelet since day one, I decided to try it out on a strap. I dug through the strap drawer and found a nice Camille Fournet in semi-glosse black gator, but thought it looked a touch too formal on this sporty watch. So I tried this matte medium brown TWB croc instead:post #19178 of 483123/22/13 at 2:09pmpost #19179 of 483123/22/13 at 2:22pmQuote:
Here are a few photos of mine.
P. S. Also if you're just looking for rectangular watch and not necessarily a Tank the JLC Reverso offers many great options.
Edited by Dino944 - 3/22/13 at 2:55pmpost #19180 of 483123/22/13 at 2:41pmI was killing time the other day (no pun intended) and walked into a local watch dealer/jeweler, and had a browse around the store. After looking at various and sundry watches, I ended up in the JLC section of the shop. While some of the Master's caught my eye.. I spent some time with the associate and then as we started talking about, and looking at the Reverso, all of the sudden, I had an epiphany.. I don't know how long ago (a few weeks?) that Apropos and others started chiming in with Reverso's and then threads with the enamel-work started propagating.. Didn't get it at the time.
Now I get it. And now I am thinking about it a lot. Seems like if you go with a Stainless model, it's not totally unthinkable to have the enamel-work could get up 70-80% of the cost of the base watch you are applying it to?..
So how does one start? I'm not sure what I'd want on the back, but love the artisanship and unique nature that this watch would have, and might be a good item to use as a goal/acheivement reward for myself..
What was the experience like, for anyone who went through the custom design process? I don't think I want something as basic as monogram, or single colored shield, or maps, that are on the JLC build it yourself site.. Come up with artwork and then submit, and they quote you a price? Do you have to have it photo ready? Do you proof it? Is it really around $5-7000 for the custom work?
What Reverso would you lean to? Kind of like the Grand Reverso Calendar? (I'm also a little ignorant as to which of the Reverso's don't allow customization - other than the duetto's)
Maybe I'm over my head here, but I love the whole art-deco - unique aspect of this..post #19181 of 483123/22/13 at 3:11pmpost #19182 of 483123/22/13 at 4:01pmQuote:+ 1.
There are some great looking Speedys here on SF. It's definitely a watch that looks great on a bracelet or a strap.Quote:
Thanks Roger. It's one of my favorite watches. IMHO its a watch that shows how simplicity in design can be beautiful and relevant even nearly 100 years after it was introduced.post #19183 of 483123/22/13 at 4:32pmpost #19184 of 483123/22/13 at 5:15pmHi Ron,
It was released originally in 1917. Mine is from 2008, it its slightly larger than the original.
IMHO the IIII vs. IV is mainly about spacial relation and helps create a sense of balance.
Edited by Dino944 - 3/22/13 at 6:53pmpost #19185 of 483123/22/13 at 5:59pmThank you all for your nice comments about my choice of a speed master as a first watch. I absolutely love watches, but good ones cost a little more of course
I'll get a leather strap at some point; maybe a black first.
BTW, it has a nice display back
Does anyone else live in Asia, or Japan? I'm thinking leather straps in 40C heat and humidity might not be a great idea!
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 8 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Fantasy Football 2016 sign up! Ends 8/21 3 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 15 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 15 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 18 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Peal & Company Brooks Brothers Shoes 19 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding