Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 7:08 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on 9/28/16 at 4:19am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1275post #19112 of 483123/20/13 at 3:11ampost #19113 of 483123/20/13 at 5:03amQuote:
strap is definitely not OEM.
That dial looks fantastic. LOVE that patina.post #19114 of 483123/20/13 at 6:04amQuote:Originally Posted by rnguy001
Agree - always felt the Speedy's Black dial worked well with brown straps. That gator looks awesome. The strap seems to go all the way to the case, wonder if it's OEM? I'm not well versed with Omega straps, but my 9300's calf strap has a curved shape so that it form fits the case, as opposed to just being straight across the springbar..
I'll need to look into a brown croc/gator/calf one of these days!
You have pushed me over the edge. I need to get my 9300 on a strap, pronto. Where did you source yours?post #19115 of 483123/20/13 at 7:16ampost #19116 of 483123/20/13 at 10:28ampost #19117 of 483123/20/13 at 10:31ampost #19118 of 483123/20/13 at 10:33amstitch, you should get the Speedy. I looked at one for a few years, sort of hemming and hawing about getting it. Once I did, it was clear that I missed out on a couple of years of enjoyment.post #19119 of 483123/20/13 at 10:33ampost #19120 of 483123/20/13 at 11:06amQuote:
hook a brother up!Quote:
agreed. dopey will hook me up.post #19121 of 483123/20/13 at 12:39pmI bought it on the bracelet and added a strap (bought together) when I negotiated the price the first time I bought it.. I got it from my AD. Not much wiggle room when it comes to Omega accessories apparently..post #19122 of 483123/20/13 at 1:06pmQuote:
There usually isn't much wiggle room on accessories. Thats why if I know I want a watch on a bracelet and a strap, I buy it on the bracelet so that its part of the negotiated price of the watch. Bracelets are always far more expensive than the straps, so its better to get the discount on the bracelet than strap.post #19123 of 483123/20/13 at 2:11pmTotally agree Dino
if you even sniff you may want a bracelet in the future, better and a lot cheaper to just get up front at the time of original purchase.
case in point buying the Speedy on bracelet but adding a strap saved me several hundred dollars versus buying it on the strap and adding a bracelet later..post #19124 of 483123/20/13 at 2:13pm
Okay - thanks. I have gone the Omega accesory route before, but when I see $400 for a strap, I think how far that would get me toward a good pair of shoes and I invariably turn away. I have had some very nice custom straps done in the $150 range from this guy:
So I will probably go that route. Just means I have to wait a bit, unless there is something in the strap drawer that would work.
Which reminds me, I have a couple OE Patek straps that I took in a trade that I need to get around to posting for sale.post #19125 of 483123/20/13 at 4:33pmQuote:Spot-on.Originally Posted by Dino944
There usually isn't much wiggle room on accessories. Thats why if I know I want a watch on a bracelet and a strap, I buy it on the bracelet so that its part of the negotiated price of the watch. Bracelets are always far more expensive than the straps, so its better to get the discount on the bracelet than strap.
Bonus feature: the less you have to deal with Omega, the better. Plenty of companies make quality straps.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 2 minutes ago
- › meermin mallorca mens Chukka boots shoes and Matching belt 3 minutes ago
- › 200k Push-Ups in 2016 4 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 7 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 8 minutes ago
- › BRAND NEW Crockett & Jones Dundee, Brown Shell Cordovan, 335 last,... 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 13 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...