Thank you, even though I think my picture skills are lacking.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 9:44 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on 8/29/16 at 1:51pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1229post #18422 of 483122/26/13 at 10:38amQuote:
I see. Again, personally I would prefer a lined, stitched strap for a Speedy, like in Hayward's pic above (with contrasting or same coloured stitching), but if you like this look:
maybe the straps from Hodinkee is worth a look.Quote:
On the 3570.50.00?
Edited by Kaplan - 2/26/13 at 10:59ampost #18423 of 483122/26/13 at 11:00ampost #18424 of 483122/26/13 at 11:06amQuote:Originally Posted by apropos
Not sure if you guys are on other watch forums, but if you do you may have worked out that there was a bit of a fly in the ointment with my Rouge - the guarantee card came with a non-matching serial number, which in a nutshell is a really really really bad thing.
My initial exchange with the seller over this matter was a little confusing as he tried (in vain) to reassure me that all was well - he thought I was referring to the catalogue reference number, which is never the same as the casing reference number.
You see, JLC engraves case reference numbers on the back of their watches (format XXX.XX.XX), which are not the same as the reference numbers you find in their catalogues for the exact same model (format XXXXXXX). They record the catalogue reference number in their guarantee cards.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, the original retailing boutique was contacted and after some checking they agreed that apparently a mistake was made somewhere by them. They are re-issuing a correct guarantee card for my watch as I type this.
See, a hitherto unforeseen benefit to purchasing boutique-only models with are tracked a lot better by the manufacture! I can only imagine how I would be SOL had this been a watch originally purchased from an AD...
I saw that on TPP. Hopefully you had time to delete the pictures of the serial number and card!post #18425 of 483122/26/13 at 11:09ampost #18426 of 483122/26/13 at 11:15amQuote:Originally Posted by dddrees
If the inscription is a turn off, maybe then the movement would make up for that. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Cylon
Getting in on this sweet action with what im wearing today (on a hodinkee strap no less!) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
we just got in this one at work, it if were a black face id be tempted.post #18427 of 483122/26/13 at 12:20pmpost #18428 of 483122/26/13 at 12:46pmpost #18429 of 483122/26/13 at 12:50pmNice pics, Cylon.
I am not a Speedy owner (yet!) but would also be in the camp for black dials only. Haven't decided on sapphire sandwich vs. 3570.50. (Or vintage? hmmmm...)
Omega has done plenty of different versions over the years, and there's probably one for everybody.
Hayward: Sorry to hear your ownership experience was less than ideal.post #18430 of 483122/26/13 at 1:24pmpost #18431 of 483122/26/13 at 1:57pmQuote:
Glad to hear that everything worked out for you! That would have made me a bit crazy until things were resolved.Quote:
Nah...even with a black dial its still not a Speedy Pro.post #18432 of 483122/26/13 at 2:45pm
My workmate has this model and there's something "different" about it most certainly. Doesn't mean it's "off" - I quite like how it looked on his wrist - it's just... not a Speedy Pro. Is it the date? And yet others have wished that the Speedy Pro would come with a date...
Wearing this one today, finally rotated "away" from the 3970 for a while. Something off with the 5040's moonphase (it's supposed to be a full moon tonight). Will have to check what's going on tonight.post #18433 of 483122/26/13 at 2:55pmpost #18434 of 483122/26/13 at 2:55pmpost #18435 of 483122/26/13 at 3:01pmThose speedies are beautiful. I had one several years ago, and I miss it very much.
Unfortunately, I won't be getting one again anytime soon, as my planet ocean co axial just died on me after 3 years. Seems a bit early... Anyhow, goodbye $500.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Please give me your opinion on these Brooks Brothers glen plaid odd... 42 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 6 minutes ago
- › NWT Patagonia Men's Down Sweater - Medium 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 10 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding