Thank you, even though I think my picture skills are lacking.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 4:32 am in Classic Menswear
- Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com? Last post on 2/1/16 at 9:53am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1229
Styles mentioned in this thread:
I see. Again, personally I would prefer a lined, stitched strap for a Speedy, like in Hayward's pic above (with contrasting or same coloured stitching), but if you like this look:
maybe the straps from Hodinkee is worth a look.
On the 3570.50.00?
Edited by Kaplan - 2/26/13 at 10:59am
Not sure if you guys are on other watch forums, but if you do you may have worked out that there was a bit of a fly in the ointment with my Rouge - the guarantee card came with a non-matching serial number, which in a nutshell is a really really really bad thing.
My initial exchange with the seller over this matter was a little confusing as he tried (in vain) to reassure me that all was well - he thought I was referring to the catalogue reference number, which is never the same as the casing reference number.
You see, JLC engraves case reference numbers on the back of their watches (format XXX.XX.XX), which are not the same as the reference numbers you find in their catalogues for the exact same model (format XXXXXXX). They record the catalogue reference number in their guarantee cards.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, the original retailing boutique was contacted and after some checking they agreed that apparently a mistake was made somewhere by them. They are re-issuing a correct guarantee card for my watch as I type this.
See, a hitherto unforeseen benefit to purchasing boutique-only models with are tracked a lot better by the manufacture! I can only imagine how I would be SOL had this been a watch originally purchased from an AD...
I saw that on TPP. Hopefully you had time to delete the pictures of the serial number and card!
If the inscription is a turn off, maybe then the movement would make up for that. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Getting in on this sweet action with what im wearing today (on a hodinkee strap no less!) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
we just got in this one at work, it if were a black face id be tempted.
I am not a Speedy owner (yet!) but would also be in the camp for black dials only. Haven't decided on sapphire sandwich vs. 3570.50. (Or vintage? hmmmm...)
Omega has done plenty of different versions over the years, and there's probably one for everybody.
Hayward: Sorry to hear your ownership experience was less than ideal.
Glad to hear that everything worked out for you! That would have made me a bit crazy until things were resolved.
Nah...even with a black dial its still not a Speedy Pro.
My workmate has this model and there's something "different" about it most certainly. Doesn't mean it's "off" - I quite like how it looked on his wrist - it's just... not a Speedy Pro. Is it the date? And yet others have wished that the Speedy Pro would come with a date...
Wearing this one today, finally rotated "away" from the 3970 for a while. Something off with the 5040's moonphase (it's supposed to be a full moon tonight). Will have to check what's going on tonight.
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- › LEMAIRE 41 seconds ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 8 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...