Doesn't look like a prawn sandwich. What?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 3:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/17/17 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 5:46 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1227post #18392 of 483122/25/13 at 11:50ampost #18393 of 483122/25/13 at 11:52ampost #18394 of 483122/25/13 at 12:06pmpost #18395 of 483122/25/13 at 12:16pmpost #18396 of 483122/25/13 at 12:22pmpost #18397 of 483122/25/13 at 2:22pmQuote:
Ok I see. Mine hasn't broken off yet.Quote:
I just don't see the physical difference between the cheap ones (which I have) and the one in the link.post #18398 of 483122/25/13 at 2:24pmpost #18399 of 483122/25/13 at 2:29pm
I don't use them personally. I don't have any watches with complications so I find them a waste personally.
However if I did I would probably get one of those wolf winders and you can find those for about $100.
I actually recieved two of these for free with a couple of watches I bought, but gave them away.
Orbita also makes some nice ones but these tend to be more expensive. You might find one for about $300.
Edited by dddrees - 2/25/13 at 2:44pmpost #18400 of 483122/25/13 at 3:33pmpost #18401 of 483122/25/13 at 4:03pmQuote:
oh, i was just saying that a tool is what should be used. as opposed to jamming a flat piece of metal in there and using leverage. it can be done, but its not super safe. i did not realize you had a tool. my bad. apologies.post #18402 of 483122/25/13 at 4:45pmGuys, any recommendations for a shell cordovan strap for my Omega Speedy Pro? Are the straps the Leffot sells any good? I prefer simple/minimal looking straps without any unnecessary stitching details, etc.post #18403 of 483122/25/13 at 4:52pmQuote:
I don't have any actual experience with them, however I saw a post on another forum where they purchased a Horween Cordovan strap for their Speedy Pro. They said they liked them. Not sure where they got it from, but it can't be that much different because it comes from the same source.
Check here:post #18404 of 483122/25/13 at 6:02pmQuote:
I have one, and while the leather is fine I'm not particular impressed with the stitching
Pics (Click to show)
- I think the stitches are too large for a strap of this width and thinness. Stitches of this size may be fine for a chunkier Panerai style strap, but then I think the thread needs to be thicker.
What do you mean by 'unnecessary stitching details'? For me, the straps that best suit a Speedy are the 'classicaly' stitched ones, regardless of leather type. But then I don't like leather NATOs and the like, so YMMV.post #18405 of 483122/25/13 at 8:32pm
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Wedding in September - Mostly know what I want 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 3 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 7 minutes ago
- › Swim Shorts Orlebar Brown, etc 28-32 8 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: THE VILLAIN (24 March 2017) 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 13 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 19 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...