or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 118  

post #1756 of 48312
That Zenith looks like one of those fake luxury watches with vaguely European-sounding names.
post #1757 of 48312
I'd like to get Sator's take on which one of these two watches would look best with black tie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coho View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40kaas-nl View Post
post #1758 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano View Post
I'd like to get Sator's take on which one of these two watches would look best with black tie.

Well, the Urwerk is black.
post #1759 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher View Post
Well, the Urwerk is black.

True, but the other one is a Rolex and as we all know a Rolex is always acceptable with black tie.
post #1760 of 48312
damn lol go figure my fav zenith on the site is hated on this forum lol. Well can people post some recommended watches without leather bands for me to see then? Excuse me if I sound crazy, but when I spend that much on a watch I would like it to stand out a bit.
post #1761 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by contaygious View Post
damn lol go figure my fav zenith on the site is hated on this forum lol. Well can people post some recommended watches without leather bands for me to see then? Excuse me if I sound crazy, but when I spend that much on a watch I would like it to stand out a bit.
If you really want to stand out, these ones, at different price points, might fit the bill
post #1762 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Harris View Post
^^I think that is an intensely ugly watch.

Agreed. They don't look any better in person either.

But their watches with the black leather straps and the gray dials with cut-away faces are to die for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
I'm rather considering a vintage Rado Diastar. I'd wear it on a plain calf-strap instead of the metal bracelets they come on. I'm thinking Navy Blue though a grey ostrich might also look nice. No reptiles though.


I had an old-school gold DiaStar back in the day. They're way too dated for 2008 though. I like the sound of blue or grey ostrich straps, but on the gold one it would just look goofy.
post #1763 of 48312
I had a thread soliciting advice on Omega's and finally made a buy today after work. I went into the local AD and in a few minutes got the price knocked-down 27% thanks to some great advice from fellow forum members here. Thanks guys!

I can't take pictures worth crap, but I saw a pic here of the exact same model which was pretty damn good.

Omega Seamaster Professional Chronometer w/ stainless steel bracelet and electric blue dial.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...P/brightsm.jpg
post #1764 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow View Post
I had an old-school gold DiaStar back in the day. They're way too dated for 2008 though. I like the sound of blue or grey ostrich straps, but on the gold one it would just look goofy.

I'm considering the silver one as I don't like gold-toned items that aren't solid gold. I'm surprised that apparently Rado is still making this watch as indeed, it's a very dated design.
post #1765 of 48312
That's a great buy, FC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
I'm surprised that apparently Rado is still making this watch as indeed, it's a very dated design.

That's sort of the point, no? Without the quirky designs and innovative use of materials, Rado would be just another short-lived mid range Swiss watchmakers (Mido, Titoni et al), I think.
You probably know it already, but this forum is a great place for Rado-philes.
post #1766 of 48312
Here's my dream watch at the moment. 360,000 BPH.



post #1767 of 48312
Took delivery of my IWC SS Ingeniuer Auto (3227-01).

What a watch, I went from my Panda to the Inge.. Can't help but feel like IronMan with the heft & the steel of the Inge.

Will be hard to take of as I originally got the Inge as a w/end beater & my Panda for work etc.

Quick & dirty with my phone in the car today!

post #1768 of 48312
el guapo wongo, What's up with the yellow faced Mickey Rooney avatar. Your hero? -Moose
post #1769 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coho View Post
Here's my dream watch at the moment. 360,000 BPH.

Admittedly I'm a novice to watches but that doesn't sound right 360,000 bph (thats only 6,000 bpm). Am I right or wrong?
post #1770 of 48312
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by appolyon View Post
Admittedly I'm a novice to watches but that doesn't sound right 360,000 bph (thats only 6,000 bpm). Am I right or wrong?

Yes the division is correct. And if you've seen a the balance of a watch oscillate, you would notice that it doesn't oscillates 100 times per second but rather 5 to 8 times. For example, an ETA 2824 movement beats at 28,800 bph
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)