Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 11:48 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 12:29 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1127post #16891 of 483121/15/13 at 9:44ampost #16892 of 483121/15/13 at 9:46ampost #16893 of 483121/15/13 at 10:09ampost #16894 of 483121/15/13 at 10:19ampost #16895 of 483121/15/13 at 10:26ampost #16896 of 483121/15/13 at 10:40amQuote:
I've heard about those, and they're supposed to be rather nice.
Your Pam looks great by the way.post #16897 of 483121/15/13 at 10:44amQuote:
Depends on budget and what you are looking for. The Pepi GMT is probably one of the easiest to use and most reasonably priced GMT/second timezone watches.
If you are looking for something more upscale, AP's Royal Oak Dual Time is a very handsome watch (one of the guys here on SF has one), Vacheron makes a similar watch (they both use the same JLC base) the Overseas Dual Time, and Patek makes an Aquanaut with a dual timezone function. There are also some JLCs that are a bit less expensive that will give you a second time zone. If you are looking for something much sportier and chunkier, Panerai has made some GMT watches in the past...although they would not be my first choice for a Panerai or a GMT watch.post #16898 of 483121/15/13 at 11:06amQuote:Watches are just as much about appeal to emotion as to reason. That makes perfect sense to me.Originally Posted by Cylon
What you said really rings true for me too. I currently am working through an ALS bug, but the watches that appeal to me from them are the simpler ones: 1815 or the Richard Lange. Don't get me wrong, the Lange 1 is beautiful, but i'd get the "vanilla" version here as well. Let's see how long this bug lasts. If I do in fact spring for an ALS, I'm thinking a 5 year anniversary present: the 1815 in the year 2015 seems fitting right?
I like a bit of poetry.post #16899 of 483121/15/13 at 11:06amQuote:Honestly, I don't think anyone does the GMT watch better than Rolex.
But if you want something to change it up, I'd take a good look at a Nomos Zurich Weltzeit. They're a company that's definitely worth supporting, and their design chops are in the same league as the big boys. In fact, I'd say that they put some of the better-known companies to shame when it comes to design competency and focus; they're just incredibly fluent in the language of watchmaking, and there's a clear love for it in what they do. On the other hand, I'm probably biased because of the nice Christmas card that they sent me, but could you imagine any other watch company doing that!?
Anyway, I think this would complement your GMT very well, and without redundancy.post #16900 of 483121/15/13 at 11:07amQuote:
I agree with Dino, the Rolex GMT is one of the easiest to use. If you have this, why get another? I'd rather swap out the bezels for versatility OR step it up and get a worldtimer like the PP.
Otherwise get a Reverso Duo which puts a diff spin on the whole dual time thing
what about JLC home time, or ALS dual time or NOMOS?
EDIT: Belligero beat me to the punch and its a good piece of advice but the pic above is of the prototype. The real thing is more beige with a hint of red and blue. I've had this watch on my short list before but I dont know how I feel about the whole "heimat" thingpost #16901 of 483121/15/13 at 11:16amhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SEA-GULL-M201S-Ultra-Thin-Automatic-Mechanical-Watch-/271102518951?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160
Newly-arrived business-trip sort of watch. Automatic, could be Swiss or German if you look away quickly enough, the perfect size to fit under a shirt cuff. And unlikely to attract too much attention or cause stress to the reticent wearer. About $400 with shipping. An elegant solution.post #16902 of 483121/15/13 at 11:31amQuote:
are you looking for a dressier watch or another sporty one?Quote:
thanks, i like it a lot. might consider it when i decide to get an additional strap for mine.post #16903 of 483121/15/13 at 11:33ampost #16904 of 483121/15/13 at 11:54ampost #16905 of 483121/15/13 at 12:04pm
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › BNIB Vass F-last PTBs 3 minutes ago
- › Kiton Suit Real? It's rather beautiful. 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding