+1 Great features for that price range. However, if they used a larger movement and the subdials/apperatures were spaced further apart on the dial it would further enhance the look of that watch. Still a very nice watch!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 1:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 7:33 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1107post #16591 of 483121/3/13 at 5:25pmpost #16592 of 483121/3/13 at 7:01pmI definitely understand the comments about the subdial spacing. Aesthetically, the close placement isn't too much of an issue on this one as it is on some of the other El Primero models (in my eyes), but it'd certainly enhance chrono subdial legibility to not be so close to the dial center (hands obscure the subdial for a longer amount of time).post #16593 of 483121/3/13 at 8:05pmQuote:
Fine Swiss Watch Repair on Wabash in the loop. Kent was great to work with.
-Stevepost #16594 of 483121/3/13 at 8:21pm
I'm gonna revisit Axelman's question re: top 5 watches after some further consideration, and cheat a little bit by putting some alternatives in each slot according to brand. I know this isnt particularly realistic, but I'd rather throw out an uncompromising list. Maybe i'll swallow my pride and post a list of 5 Seiko 5's later
3. JLC Reverso 1931 US Edition OR still waiting for the right reverso to come along
4. Rolex sport watch, i.e 1680 Submariner OR 1680 red sub OR 1675 Pepsi GMT OR 1016 Explorer
5. JLC geophysic in stainless steel (I wouldn't mind a reissue of this watch)
...anyone wanna give me ~$90k?
Edited by Cylon - 1/3/13 at 8:42pmpost #16595 of 483121/3/13 at 8:49pmpost #16596 of 483121/3/13 at 10:26pmNice call on the Geophysic. Is it wrong that I am thinking about waiting until SIHH 2013 just to see if there is a reissue this year. For some reason or another, I have a gut feeling that this could be the year of the Geophysic. Such a sexy watch. Alas, a reissue would not have the Caliber P478. However, I would LOVE to see a Geophysic reissue that was: (a) manual wind [please no Geomatic reissue], (b) unfinished like the original, (c) with a new movement similar to Cal. P478, (d) with an acrylic crystal, or domed sapphire, (e) lume plots on the domed sapphire.post #16597 of 483121/3/13 at 10:30pmQuote:
The GMT is probably my favorite Rolex. I love the Pepsi bezel so much. I can really see myself buying a 1675 or 16750 real soon. Even tho I already own a GMT-C. I love it that much.post #16598 of 483121/4/13 at 2:55ampost #16599 of 483121/4/13 at 3:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Dadaa
Can anybody provide any information for the following watch? I do not know much about
Alfred Dunhill watches. I am familiar with Alfred Dunhill cases, attaché cases. Any help and information would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!
Alfred Dunhill Baby Facet Ladies' Rectangular 40 Diamond Watch with Stainless Steel Band
Model # DQ1998Z
The pictures of the watch can be found by clicking on my profile.
Again, thank you for your help and input.
My wife has the same watch without the diamonds as her everyday watch and loves it. Quartz movement obviously but then most women's fashion watches are, I popped into David Morris on Bond Street to look at some watches for her and though costing the earth they were all quartz.post #16600 of 483121/4/13 at 5:40ampost #16601 of 483121/4/13 at 6:23ampost #16602 of 483121/4/13 at 6:36amQuote:
My wedding was in November 2010. I waited till SIHH 2011 to pick a watch from my wife. Hence the MUT Moon, which was announced in 2011. So to answer your Q:
NO.post #16603 of 483121/4/13 at 6:42ampost #16604 of 483121/4/13 at 7:33amQuote:
this one is black bezel, and the hour markers are a really creamy white. so yummy. WANT IT NOW !Quote:Originally Posted by dddrees
I couldn't help it, here's a bit of inspiration.
Wearing this one today. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
as always, love it.post #16605 of 483121/4/13 at 12:56pm
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 18 seconds ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 30 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Diesel. 6 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Orban's - Cheap, affordable European made Goodyear Welted shoes 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...