+1 Great features for that price range. However, if they used a larger movement and the subdials/apperatures were spaced further apart on the dial it would further enhance the look of that watch. Still a very nice watch!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 10:42 pm in Classic Menswear
- Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com? Last post on 2/1/16 at 9:53am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: Yesterday
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1107post #16591 of 482441/3/13 at 5:25pm
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #16592 of 482441/3/13 at 7:01pmI definitely understand the comments about the subdial spacing. Aesthetically, the close placement isn't too much of an issue on this one as it is on some of the other El Primero models (in my eyes), but it'd certainly enhance chrono subdial legibility to not be so close to the dial center (hands obscure the subdial for a longer amount of time).post #16593 of 482441/3/13 at 8:05pmQuote:
Fine Swiss Watch Repair on Wabash in the loop. Kent was great to work with.
-Stevepost #16594 of 482441/3/13 at 8:21pm
I'm gonna revisit Axelman's question re: top 5 watches after some further consideration, and cheat a little bit by putting some alternatives in each slot according to brand. I know this isnt particularly realistic, but I'd rather throw out an uncompromising list. Maybe i'll swallow my pride and post a list of 5 Seiko 5's later
3. JLC Reverso 1931 US Edition OR still waiting for the right reverso to come along
4. Rolex sport watch, i.e 1680 Submariner OR 1680 red sub OR 1675 Pepsi GMT OR 1016 Explorer
5. JLC geophysic in stainless steel (I wouldn't mind a reissue of this watch)
...anyone wanna give me ~$90k?
Edited by Cylon - 1/3/13 at 8:42pmpost #16595 of 482441/3/13 at 8:49pmpost #16596 of 482441/3/13 at 10:26pmNice call on the Geophysic. Is it wrong that I am thinking about waiting until SIHH 2013 just to see if there is a reissue this year. For some reason or another, I have a gut feeling that this could be the year of the Geophysic. Such a sexy watch. Alas, a reissue would not have the Caliber P478. However, I would LOVE to see a Geophysic reissue that was: (a) manual wind [please no Geomatic reissue], (b) unfinished like the original, (c) with a new movement similar to Cal. P478, (d) with an acrylic crystal, or domed sapphire, (e) lume plots on the domed sapphire.post #16597 of 482441/3/13 at 10:30pmQuote:
The GMT is probably my favorite Rolex. I love the Pepsi bezel so much. I can really see myself buying a 1675 or 16750 real soon. Even tho I already own a GMT-C. I love it that much.post #16598 of 482441/4/13 at 2:55ampost #16599 of 482441/4/13 at 3:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Dadaa
Can anybody provide any information for the following watch? I do not know much about
Alfred Dunhill watches. I am familiar with Alfred Dunhill cases, attaché cases. Any help and information would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!
Alfred Dunhill Baby Facet Ladies' Rectangular 40 Diamond Watch with Stainless Steel Band
Model # DQ1998Z
The pictures of the watch can be found by clicking on my profile.
Again, thank you for your help and input.
My wife has the same watch without the diamonds as her everyday watch and loves it. Quartz movement obviously but then most women's fashion watches are, I popped into David Morris on Bond Street to look at some watches for her and though costing the earth they were all quartz.post #16600 of 482441/4/13 at 5:40ampost #16601 of 482441/4/13 at 6:23ampost #16602 of 482441/4/13 at 6:36amQuote:
My wedding was in November 2010. I waited till SIHH 2011 to pick a watch from my wife. Hence the MUT Moon, which was announced in 2011. So to answer your Q:
NO.post #16603 of 482441/4/13 at 6:42ampost #16604 of 482441/4/13 at 7:33amQuote:
this one is black bezel, and the hour markers are a really creamy white. so yummy. WANT IT NOW !Quote:Originally Posted by dddrees
I couldn't help it, here's a bit of inspiration.
Wearing this one today. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
as always, love it.
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 8 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 10 minutes ago
- › GG MEGATHREAD!!!!! UK9.5E/US10D!!!!! 13 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling St James UK 6 15 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...