Just poking fun @ the last Patek! Do'nt you dare try to ruin the fun
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 1:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on 5/27/16 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1102post #16516 of 483121/1/13 at 11:27pmpost #16517 of 483121/2/13 at 1:19ampost #16518 of 483121/2/13 at 2:06ampost #16519 of 483121/2/13 at 2:32amWithout a shadow of doubt the first one and even then only because the other is a twotone PG(!!)-SS abomination.
BTW, that's not to say PG-SS is always abominable for mens watches - check my "top 4 watches" for PG-white metal done well. Another good example is the early PG-SS piepan Omega Constellation.post #16520 of 483121/2/13 at 4:59ampost #16521 of 483121/2/13 at 6:49am
LOVE this FM. i passed on a crazy hours once....still wish i wouldve picked that up. such a fun watch.
meh. id never buy it. ever. but if it was given to me, id wear the hell out of it.Quote:no question on this one. the second 2 tone looks cheap and far too busy. Looks like a "middle management" watch. you know the guy that got promoted from AM to manager at circuit city and decides to buy his first nice watch? yeah...the second one would fit that bill.
drool. Ive always loved the LV sub.post #16522 of 483121/2/13 at 7:10amThe JLC MUT Moon could have been a perfect watch if they went for any color dial other than silver. Cream like the RG version or black would have been fantastic, but white enamel would be so :inlove:The silver combined with the silver hands gives me the same "middle management" vibe that people are criticizing on that two tone Longines, especially when seen in person vs in pics. JMHO.
If you guys are looking for a manual wind with similarly classical aesthetics, check out the Grand Seiko SBGW031..post #16523 of 483121/2/13 at 7:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Newcomer
I saw the Lange 1 Moonphase the other day... Jaw droppingly beautiful.
By the way, I think that I have made my decision. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I am 99% sure that I am going to go (not GO) for the JLC MUT Moon. It is just such a gorgeous watch. And I may put the remainder in something less expensive to bum around in. Perhaps a Stowa, or something of that ilk. That is still to be determined.
Also, happy new years to all! I have had a great time reading, learning, and talking shop with y'all over the last year.
On an unrelated tangent, any recommended JLC ADs? Been looking at Govberg. In addition, I was looking around for watches for the lady friend, as she asked. My goodness are women's watches ever a scam! I was looking at the Michele watches in particular, and it is UNBELIEVABLE what they are getting away with... Murder! Touting strap changing as something revolutionary? It is absolutely absurd. For a close to $2,000 watch for some of them, you are getting so little it is absurd. They feel incredibly flimsy as well.
super glad you have decided. almost. lol.
if you like, PM me. i can probably help you out on both fronts.Quote:Originally Posted by poorsod
What do you guys think about the PP Tophat? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
dont think i could pull it off, but its a beautiful watch.Quote:Originally Posted by Johnboy
Hi Guys I need some advice, I want to buy one of these 2 watches, and would like to know which you would choose above the other and why. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
first one. not even a question.post #16524 of 483121/2/13 at 9:17amQuote:
Although the first looks much better than the second, I don't know what the hell Longines were thinking when they placed the date window right above the 6 like that.post #16525 of 483121/2/13 at 10:20ampost #16526 of 483121/2/13 at 10:43ampost #16527 of 483121/2/13 at 10:49amQuote:
Would love to hear an explanation of cut numerals, radial flips, and other obvious dial imperfections on so many watches in the market. My best guess is that they want to maintain a level of dissatisfaction in their customers in order to sell more watches in the future.post #16528 of 483121/2/13 at 10:56ampost #16529 of 483121/2/13 at 11:24amQuote:
First one without any hesitation; as others stated, I don't get the date window over the 6. Either remove the 6 or place the date window at a more usual position. Otherwise, good looking watch, that would probably look better / be more versatile in silver.post #16530 of 483121/2/13 at 12:16pmQuote:
I am certain it is because they do not want to alter the stock ETA date module. I have a feeling it is probably not simple to modify. Well, economically speaking.
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
Currently, there are 945 Active Users (92 Members and 853 Guests)
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 23 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 30 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 32 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 34 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 40 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 42 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 44 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 46 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 49 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding