or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1080  

post #16186 of 48312
I don't know what you guys are talking about in regards to the direction of IWC's design department. What says heritage and restraint like this 46mm x 16mm bad boy:



And some good discussions here lately, I have enjoyed reading them. I sense that I shall have some pr0n here fairly soon, depending on a few factors...

And just for fun, snapped these off recently. Pictures are not the best, but I do put out the effort (clicky for big pics):



post #16187 of 48312
IWC- My favorite, classic line, and agree regarding the Portuguese sun dial size watches. Just wait, the 40mm + market is a fad that most certainly will and is, reverting back to classic sizes which were the desired sizes from beginning of watchmaking til 2000 when watches were discovered by the bling boys as an "accessory". 33-37MM .



Pics are crap but include a 1946 B &M mechanical, 1974 Omega Speedmaster, and Breitling Crand premier limited. I have a few gold Omegas, white and rose, and Universal geneve from the 40's. All for sale if interested.
post #16188 of 48312

Finally got my first Rolex in my collection. Time to save up for a IWC...

Then i'll lay low for a while.

 

700

 

700

 

700

post #16189 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbusguy View Post

Can anyone give me some information on this watch? (these are not actual pictures of the watch, but it is identical)


The watch has the the number 6162 on the back.
Thanks

You will probably get faster and more accurate answers here: www.timezone.com

post #16190 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Finally got my first Rolex in my collection. Time to save up for a IWC...

Then i'll lay low for a while.

 

700

 

Wow, that's a HUGE watch for your wrist, dude... eek.gif

post #16191 of 48312

Soviet watch day today, since the world did not end...

 

1000

post #16192 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post

My favourite Portuguese: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
picture?PictId={A7770C44-18D7-4937-A159-5506114088AB}&size=ORIG
Sadly not my pic

love
--
nice rollie, H.
post #16193 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken4me View Post

IWC- My favorite, classic line, and agree regarding the Portuguese sun dial size watches. Just wait, the 40mm + market is a fad that most certainly will and is, reverting back to classic sizes which were the desired sizes from beginning of watchmaking til 2000 when watches were discovered by the bling boys as an "accessory". 33-37MM .

Pics are crap but include a 1946 B &M mechanical, 1974 Omega Speedmaster, and Breitling Crand premier limited. I have a few gold Omegas, white and rose, and Universal geneve from the 40's. All for sale if interested.

 You should post a larger photo so we can see some details on your watches.  cheers.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Finally got my first Rolex in my collection. Time to save up for a IWC...

Then i'll lay low for a while.

 

 Congrats on adding a Rolex to your collection.  Thought you already had one, but congrats anyway.

post #16194 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhunter View Post

Wow, that's a HUGE watch for your wrist, dude... eek.gif

That's not the only thing, I'm afraid.
post #16195 of 48312
puzzled.gif
post #16196 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

nice rollie, H.

Thanks stitchy, got it for a pretty nice price I couldn't say no to. Might even sell it to make a profit.

 

But then again i'm thinking it's always nice to have a Rolex in the collection ''just to have it''

post #16197 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Finally got my first Rolex in my collection. Time to save up for a IWC...
Then i'll lay low for a while.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
700
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
700
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post

That's not the only thing, I'm afraid.
Are you sure about that Sub-C? eh.gif
post #16198 of 48312
On my wrist today:

AP RO Dualtime and nautically-inspired Kiel James Patrick wrist-raff.

post #16199 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by academe View Post

On my wrist today:
AP RO Dualtime and nautically-inspired Kiel James Patrick wrist-raff.

Nice, very nice.

post #16200 of 48312

My old bvlgari maybe 4-5 years old. Still looks ok I think.

 

700

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)