Should make it a touch more casual.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 3:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/17/17 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 12:22 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1066post #15976 of 4831212/6/12 at 9:23pmpost #15977 of 4831212/6/12 at 9:26pmThread Starterpost #15978 of 4831212/6/12 at 9:38pmpost #15979 of 4831212/6/12 at 10:07pmpost #15980 of 4831212/6/12 at 11:47pmpost #15981 of 4831212/7/12 at 2:43pmAfter getting the 1931 Reverso not sure what is next on the list. I've wanted a Santos 100 for some time but feel like the medium is the largest I'd go--specifically like the steel/rose gold model with croc strap. That, or a steel MC Memovox in good shape. I compromised on my first big watch purchase and went with the MC Chrono, and not the Memovox. MC Chrono is sold now for that reason and because I found I used the complication so rarely.
Stitches, any leads? I could use another alarm clock.post #15982 of 4831212/8/12 at 6:28ampost #15983 of 4831212/8/12 at 6:30amQuote:Originally Posted by PartagasIV
After getting the 1931 Reverso not sure what is next on the list. I've wanted a Santos 100 for some time but feel like the medium is the largest I'd go--specifically like the steel/rose gold model with croc strap. That, or a steel MC Memovox in good shape. I compromised on my first big watch purchase and went with the MC Chrono, and not the Memovox. MC Chrono is sold now for that reason and because I found I used the complication so rarely.
Stitches, any leads? I could use another alarm clock.
The Memovox is nice, but not great in terms of practicality if you are a heavy sleeper. A friend of mine had one, said it wasn't loud enough to be truly useful for him. He also said it was a function that he ended up not have much use for, got bored with it and sold it in less than a year. I like them as its kind of an interesting piece of watch history, but after looking at them I just don't get excited by them. The only JLC that really captures my attention, you already own...the Reverso.post #15984 of 4831212/8/12 at 6:42ampost #15985 of 4831212/8/12 at 1:58pmpost #15986 of 4831212/8/12 at 2:14pmQuote:Love older Datejusts.Originally Posted by Kaplan
Some of the older ones are obviously very nice, it's just that I'm not very fond of chronos in general. I'm pretty sure I'd never use the complication and I'm also mostly drawn to very simple watches. That said, I do like the Speedy, IWC 3706 + 3713 as well as the pre (or not) Daytona above.
Agree with you on the Datejust 2, which I actually wanted to like (if only to like something from Rolexes current lineup), but I much prefer something like this:post #15987 of 4831212/8/12 at 2:19pmpost #15988 of 4831212/8/12 at 5:29pmpost #15989 of 4831212/9/12 at 11:21ampost #15990 of 4831212/9/12 at 12:16pm
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 18 seconds ago
- › EDWARD GREEN THREAD - RARE CORDOVAN/CRUP and COUNTRY CALF LEATHER 2 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Lanieri Online MTM suits Made in Italy - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 9 minutes ago
- › Where to find casual slim fit 34x33 chinos? 11 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 13 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...