Should make it a touch more casual.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:42 pm in Classic Menswear
- Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com? Last post on 2/1/16 at 9:53am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1066post #15976 of 4824512/6/12 at 9:23pm
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #15977 of 4824512/6/12 at 9:26pmThread Starterpost #15978 of 4824512/6/12 at 9:38pmpost #15979 of 4824512/6/12 at 10:07pmpost #15980 of 4824512/6/12 at 11:47pmpost #15981 of 4824512/7/12 at 2:43pmAfter getting the 1931 Reverso not sure what is next on the list. I've wanted a Santos 100 for some time but feel like the medium is the largest I'd go--specifically like the steel/rose gold model with croc strap. That, or a steel MC Memovox in good shape. I compromised on my first big watch purchase and went with the MC Chrono, and not the Memovox. MC Chrono is sold now for that reason and because I found I used the complication so rarely.
Stitches, any leads? I could use another alarm clock.post #15982 of 4824512/8/12 at 6:28ampost #15983 of 4824512/8/12 at 6:30amQuote:Originally Posted by PartagasIV
After getting the 1931 Reverso not sure what is next on the list. I've wanted a Santos 100 for some time but feel like the medium is the largest I'd go--specifically like the steel/rose gold model with croc strap. That, or a steel MC Memovox in good shape. I compromised on my first big watch purchase and went with the MC Chrono, and not the Memovox. MC Chrono is sold now for that reason and because I found I used the complication so rarely.
Stitches, any leads? I could use another alarm clock.
The Memovox is nice, but not great in terms of practicality if you are a heavy sleeper. A friend of mine had one, said it wasn't loud enough to be truly useful for him. He also said it was a function that he ended up not have much use for, got bored with it and sold it in less than a year. I like them as its kind of an interesting piece of watch history, but after looking at them I just don't get excited by them. The only JLC that really captures my attention, you already own...the Reverso.post #15984 of 4824512/8/12 at 6:42ampost #15985 of 4824512/8/12 at 1:58pmpost #15986 of 4824512/8/12 at 2:14pmQuote:Love older Datejusts.Originally Posted by Kaplan
Some of the older ones are obviously very nice, it's just that I'm not very fond of chronos in general. I'm pretty sure I'd never use the complication and I'm also mostly drawn to very simple watches. That said, I do like the Speedy, IWC 3706 + 3713 as well as the pre (or not) Daytona above.
Agree with you on the Datejust 2, which I actually wanted to like (if only to like something from Rolexes current lineup), but I much prefer something like this:post #15987 of 4824512/8/12 at 2:19pmpost #15988 of 4824512/8/12 at 5:29pmpost #15989 of 4824512/9/12 at 11:21am
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 48 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 55 seconds ago
- › W. Bill Green Linen Custom Run 58 seconds ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 2016 Presidential Caucus and Primary Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...