The guy you asked to PM you has the next model, ref 116610 which has the ceramic bezel, maxi dial, and wider case shoulders.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three Last post on Today at 2:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:40 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1065post #15961 of 4831312/5/12 at 11:45am
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #15962 of 4831312/5/12 at 5:14pmQuote:
Now that you've said it, I think a big part--or rather the entirety--of the reason I have a hard time pulling the trigger on a brown strap is precisely because of this fact. It is definitely a COLD dial, and certainly something to think about. As some of you may know, I kinda soured on it for awhile after I bought the speedy, but I have come back to it in recent weeks. I think a new strap will help, and heres some I found. I think the watch will look FREAKING AWESOME with something like these two:
Sometimes I think I'm a bit colorblind when it comes to navy but the right strap is navy right?post #15963 of 4831312/5/12 at 7:57pmpost #15964 of 4831312/6/12 at 10:40ampost #15965 of 4831312/6/12 at 11:36ampost #15966 of 4831312/6/12 at 1:27pmpost #15967 of 4831312/6/12 at 1:44pmpost #15968 of 4831312/6/12 at 5:07pmpost #15969 of 4831312/6/12 at 7:19pmpost #15970 of 4831312/6/12 at 7:33pmpost #15971 of 4831312/6/12 at 7:51pm
I presume you mean the Submariner models (I mentioned at the top of the page). I like differnet things about each. The bracelet and clasp is better on the new model (solid links) and the ceramic bezel is highly scratch resistant. However, there is a charm about the case of the previous model and its more classic tapered lugs, and I still like the old anodized aluminum bezels (which are much less expensive to replace than the new ceramic inserts). I have a 16610 LV (green bezel Sub with black dial) and I really like it alot. You just need to try them on and see which one really makes you smile.
If you are speaking of the Cartier Fine Watchmaking Collection, I really like the Santos Dumont Squelette. A very cool and modern version of a skeleton.post #15972 of 4831312/6/12 at 8:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by elisiX
This one arrived the other day. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
beautiful. for a more casual fit, wear a leather or beaded bracelet, and ship the watch to me.post #15973 of 4831312/6/12 at 8:43pmThread Starterpost #15974 of 4831312/6/12 at 8:47pmpost #15975 of 4831312/6/12 at 9:08pm
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Sartorial Leather Jackets by Craftsman Clothing - Official... 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 9 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 12 minutes ago
- › ITT: We are in middle school again (or early-mid 90s appreciation... 13 minutes ago
- › Florsheim vs. Allen Edmond 16 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.