The guy you asked to PM you has the next model, ref 116610 which has the ceramic bezel, maxi dial, and wider case shoulders.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 8:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com? Last post on 2/1/16 at 9:53am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1065
Styles mentioned in this thread:
Now that you've said it, I think a big part--or rather the entirety--of the reason I have a hard time pulling the trigger on a brown strap is precisely because of this fact. It is definitely a COLD dial, and certainly something to think about. As some of you may know, I kinda soured on it for awhile after I bought the speedy, but I have come back to it in recent weeks. I think a new strap will help, and heres some I found. I think the watch will look FREAKING AWESOME with something like these two:
Sometimes I think I'm a bit colorblind when it comes to navy but the right strap is navy right?
I presume you mean the Submariner models (I mentioned at the top of the page). I like differnet things about each. The bracelet and clasp is better on the new model (solid links) and the ceramic bezel is highly scratch resistant. However, there is a charm about the case of the previous model and its more classic tapered lugs, and I still like the old anodized aluminum bezels (which are much less expensive to replace than the new ceramic inserts). I have a 16610 LV (green bezel Sub with black dial) and I really like it alot. You just need to try them on and see which one really makes you smile.
If you are speaking of the Cartier Fine Watchmaking Collection, I really like the Santos Dumont Squelette. A very cool and modern version of a skeleton.
btw - beaded bracelet would go well with the chrono, but not the auto
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- › My New J. Gilbert NST Aldens 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 4 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 6 minutes ago
- › End of Bills Khakis 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 18 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 20 minutes ago
- › KITON 100% Cashmere Patch Pocket Blazer 44R 21 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 36 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 37 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...