Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com? Last post on 2/1/16 at 9:53am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1055post #15811 of 4830311/29/12 at 7:59pm
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #15812 of 4830311/29/12 at 8:01pmpost #15813 of 4830311/29/12 at 8:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by DLJr
Yeah, same. Are you sure it wasn't a Cal 550; it looks like one, and it even appears to be the number under the Omega mark? If you are interested in the Cal 510, here is a fun link. Even if it's a bit of a frankenstein, it's still a very nice looking watch, enjoy it.
Thanks DL...That really helps.. makes me breathe easier, lol..its about spotting diamonds in the rough.. I have a jeweler near where I live that refurbishes older vintage watches so I'm hoping he will be able to make it look better..post #15814 of 4830311/29/12 at 8:42pmpost #15815 of 4830311/29/12 at 8:53pmpost #15816 of 4830311/30/12 at 12:53amQuote:Originally Posted by Kai
There are a number of very nice Japanese watches in that price range. I think you will get better quality from Japan at the under $1300 price point than you will from a Euro/Swiss brand.
And even better from China...
Just buy from the proper brands.post #15817 of 4830311/30/12 at 12:55amQuote:Originally Posted by Dino944
Price of a diamond isn't simply size...color and clarity are crucial to value. Also depends on where you are buying...a similar size stone, E or D color and internally flawless from Van Cleef or Cartier would be several hundred thousand dollars...a similar size stone H or I in color S1 clarity from a local jeweler a fraction of that.
Apart from those you mentioned, cut matters as well. eg brilliant or some rare cuts.
Rare colours such as natural pink from the Argyle mine will push the price up further.post #15818 of 4830311/30/12 at 12:57ampost #15819 of 4830311/30/12 at 1:06ampost #15820 of 4830311/30/12 at 1:42ampost #15821 of 4830311/30/12 at 2:55ampost #15822 of 4830311/30/12 at 3:53amQuote:
Yes, cut is extremely important however, in my example I left it out as its much easier to see the difference in quality and price comparing 2 similarly cut stones but with variations in color and clarity.
Yes natural pink, blue, and red diamonds significantly increase the price, but those are very few and far between.post #15823 of 4830311/30/12 at 5:07amQuote:
wow thats some crazy stuff, how much would it cost if it came from Tiffany's or Cartier? (Ignoring the cost of the ring it is attached to)post #15824 of 4830311/30/12 at 6:20am
im not sure, he replies in threads on topic, but seems very spammy. probs just doesnt know the rule about links in posts.Quote:
could be half a mil, who knows. their premiums are insane at that point.
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 13 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 19 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › ALDEN Shell Cordovan Boots US 10.5 C 4 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 5 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?