Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on 9/24/16 at 11:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on 9/23/16 at 10:32am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1055post #15811 of 4831211/29/12 at 7:59pmpost #15812 of 4831211/29/12 at 8:01pmpost #15813 of 4831211/29/12 at 8:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by DLJr
Yeah, same. Are you sure it wasn't a Cal 550; it looks like one, and it even appears to be the number under the Omega mark? If you are interested in the Cal 510, here is a fun link. Even if it's a bit of a frankenstein, it's still a very nice looking watch, enjoy it.
Thanks DL...That really helps.. makes me breathe easier, lol..its about spotting diamonds in the rough.. I have a jeweler near where I live that refurbishes older vintage watches so I'm hoping he will be able to make it look better..post #15814 of 4831211/29/12 at 8:42pmpost #15815 of 4831211/29/12 at 8:53pmpost #15816 of 4831211/30/12 at 12:53amQuote:Originally Posted by Kai
There are a number of very nice Japanese watches in that price range. I think you will get better quality from Japan at the under $1300 price point than you will from a Euro/Swiss brand.
And even better from China...
Just buy from the proper brands.post #15817 of 4831211/30/12 at 12:55amQuote:Originally Posted by Dino944
Price of a diamond isn't simply size...color and clarity are crucial to value. Also depends on where you are buying...a similar size stone, E or D color and internally flawless from Van Cleef or Cartier would be several hundred thousand dollars...a similar size stone H or I in color S1 clarity from a local jeweler a fraction of that.
Apart from those you mentioned, cut matters as well. eg brilliant or some rare cuts.
Rare colours such as natural pink from the Argyle mine will push the price up further.post #15818 of 4831211/30/12 at 12:57ampost #15819 of 4831211/30/12 at 1:06ampost #15820 of 4831211/30/12 at 1:42ampost #15821 of 4831211/30/12 at 2:55ampost #15822 of 4831211/30/12 at 3:53amQuote:
Yes, cut is extremely important however, in my example I left it out as its much easier to see the difference in quality and price comparing 2 similarly cut stones but with variations in color and clarity.
Yes natural pink, blue, and red diamonds significantly increase the price, but those are very few and far between.post #15823 of 4831211/30/12 at 5:07amQuote:
wow thats some crazy stuff, how much would it cost if it came from Tiffany's or Cartier? (Ignoring the cost of the ring it is attached to)post #15824 of 4831211/30/12 at 6:20am
im not sure, he replies in threads on topic, but seems very spammy. probs just doesnt know the rule about links in posts.Quote:
could be half a mil, who knows. their premiums are insane at that point.post #15825 of 4831211/30/12 at 6:28am
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 57 seconds ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 1 minute ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 4 minutes ago
- › FIRST POST - Suit Shopping this weekend - must buy! Need some guidance 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...