Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 9:37 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/17/17 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 2:53 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1054post #15796 of 4831211/29/12 at 6:16pmpost #15797 of 4831211/29/12 at 6:18pmpost #15798 of 4831211/29/12 at 6:22pmQuote:
well I intentionally stayed on the low end as I know that high color and clarity could easily make it twice what I quoted... not knowing it wasn't personal I was trying to error on the side of "not being an ass" LOL! but ya a 5ct can easily be 6 figures... so what chocsosa said...Quote:
+1 ballin for sure!post #15799 of 4831211/29/12 at 6:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by chocsosa
paid about $250 for it.. I already know its a fixer upper, but I liked the simple design. I was not skeptical at first until I started doing research on the movement and being I cant tell what kind of Omega that it is, made it hard. Could not find anything out about the movement research wise so that made me doubt it after the fact. I know, not wise.
ah ya but for $250 it was not a huge risk and I agree with Stitchy... it's cool and classic... enjoy!!post #15800 of 4831211/29/12 at 6:26pmHi Kid,
Price of a diamond isn't simply size...color and clarity are crucial to value. Also depends on where you are buying...a similar size stone, E or D color and internally flawless from Van Cleef or Cartier would be several hundred thousand dollars...a similar size stone H or I in color S1 clarity from a local jeweler a fraction of that.post #15801 of 4831211/29/12 at 6:31pmpost #15802 of 4831211/29/12 at 6:33pmpost #15803 of 4831211/29/12 at 6:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by DLJr
I would assume you found Omega's database during your research, but if not, go here and you can search the number on the case if it's from 1946 or after.
Tried and could not find it. Yea I searched on there for like an hour after workpost #15804 of 4831211/29/12 at 6:48pmpost #15805 of 4831211/29/12 at 7:04pmQuote:
There are a number of very nice Japanese watches in that price range. I think you will get better quality from Japan at the under $1300 price point than you will from a Euro/Swiss brand.
http://www.seiyajapan.com/product/O-WZ0251EL/ORIENT-STAR-CLASSIC-WZ0251EL.htmlpost #15806 of 4831211/29/12 at 7:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by chrisjr
GF is looking to buy me a new watch to carry me through my mid twenties. Price range is $600-700, though if I found a stellar unit I could top off her contribution up to, let's say, $1300. This is my current piece:
Nothing impressive, but looks nice to my eye.
I am a big fan of this as well:
Please feel free to recommend! Leather bands are preferred as I find them more comfortable.
That Orvis is nice!post #15807 of 4831211/29/12 at 7:22pmQuote:Tried and could not find it.
Yeah, same. Are you sure it wasn't a Cal 550; it looks like one, and it even appears to be the number under the Omega mark? If you are interested in the Cal 510, here is a fun link. Even if it's a bit of a frankenstein, it's still a very nice looking watch, enjoy it.post #15808 of 4831211/29/12 at 7:36pmpost #15809 of 4831211/29/12 at 7:45pmQuote:
no probs. yes, diamonds can be tantalizing. especially ones with an excellent cut. i hope it finds a happy home too.
we also recently purchased an amazing pair of tiffany & co studs. wish i could give them to my wife for our upcoming 10th anniversary, g-d willing, they are stunning. sadly, they are well out of the budget. close to 20k.post #15810 of 4831211/29/12 at 7:47pm
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 23 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 30 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 34 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 35 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Cigars 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...