Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 9:42 pm in Classic Menswear
- Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com? Last post on 2/1/16 at 9:53am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1054
Styles mentioned in this thread:
well I intentionally stayed on the low end as I know that high color and clarity could easily make it twice what I quoted... not knowing it wasn't personal I was trying to error on the side of "not being an ass" LOL! but ya a 5ct can easily be 6 figures... so what chocsosa said...
+1 ballin for sure!
paid about $250 for it.. I already know its a fixer upper, but I liked the simple design. I was not skeptical at first until I started doing research on the movement and being I cant tell what kind of Omega that it is, made it hard. Could not find anything out about the movement research wise so that made me doubt it after the fact. I know, not wise.
ah ya but for $250 it was not a huge risk and I agree with Stitchy... it's cool and classic... enjoy!!
Price of a diamond isn't simply size...color and clarity are crucial to value. Also depends on where you are buying...a similar size stone, E or D color and internally flawless from Van Cleef or Cartier would be several hundred thousand dollars...a similar size stone H or I in color S1 clarity from a local jeweler a fraction of that.
There are a number of very nice Japanese watches in that price range. I think you will get better quality from Japan at the under $1300 price point than you will from a Euro/Swiss brand.
GF is looking to buy me a new watch to carry me through my mid twenties. Price range is $600-700, though if I found a stellar unit I could top off her contribution up to, let's say, $1300. This is my current piece:
Nothing impressive, but looks nice to my eye.
I am a big fan of this as well:
Please feel free to recommend! Leather bands are preferred as I find them more comfortable.
That Orvis is nice!
Yeah, same. Are you sure it wasn't a Cal 550; it looks like one, and it even appears to be the number under the Omega mark? If you are interested in the Cal 510, here is a fun link. Even if it's a bit of a frankenstein, it's still a very nice looking watch, enjoy it.
no probs. yes, diamonds can be tantalizing. especially ones with an excellent cut. i hope it finds a happy home too.
we also recently purchased an amazing pair of tiffany & co studs. wish i could give them to my wife for our upcoming 10th anniversary, g-d willing, they are stunning. sadly, they are well out of the budget. close to 20k.
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- › Church's Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Bernie Sanders, trad icon? 3 minutes ago
- › Need Help with Balmain Biker Jeans 3 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford SKYFALL wool navy over coat | size 40 6 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...