Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three Last post on Today at 4:18 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:40 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1041post #15601 of 4831311/20/12 at 8:44pm
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #15602 of 4831311/20/12 at 9:23pmpost #15603 of 4831311/20/12 at 11:55pmpost #15604 of 4831311/21/12 at 3:44ampost #15605 of 4831311/21/12 at 5:38ampost #15606 of 4831311/21/12 at 7:03ampost #15607 of 4831311/21/12 at 7:32amQuote:Originally Posted by apropos
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Another beauty. I really like the simple and plain sub dial.
Although, I've always liked their guioched dials...and then it would help justify their guioched dial cufflinkspost #15608 of 4831311/21/12 at 7:54ampost #15609 of 4831311/21/12 at 9:55amI was looking at the 1931 Tribute to Reverso US Edition and thought it looked pretty interesting. However, it got me to wondering what other options there are at that price point. I'm just trying to expand my horizons so I'm open to just about any suggestions you may have.post #15610 of 4831311/21/12 at 10:07ampost #15611 of 4831311/21/12 at 10:11ampost #15612 of 4831311/21/12 at 10:15ampost #15613 of 4831311/21/12 at 10:37am
Its a classic and the price is pretty reasonble. I came pretty close to buying one about 2 years ago. My 2 issues are the movement is a bit ordinary (ETA) and some times I feel like I wish it were just a little wider. I find the Santos 100 too large and clunky. A friend of mine has the Santos Galbee XL and it looks great on his wrist. When I try it on it feels like it should be just a little larger.Quote:
Clearly its not the right piece for you if it doesn't get wrist time. One of my Rolex watches needed a new home when I realized I had not worn it in probably 4 years.Quote:
Respectfully I have to disagree. I think its a pretty decent solution to giving the wearer a date. I like it better than losing the 3 or 6 o'clock marker, which was done on the smaller sized version and on the Tank Francaise. But to each his own.post #15614 of 4831311/21/12 at 10:46ampost #15615 of 4831311/21/12 at 10:48amQuote:Originally Posted by mackmittonz
I was looking at the 1931 Tribute to Reverso US Edition and thought it looked pretty interesting. However, it got me to wondering what other options there are at that price point. I'm just trying to expand my horizons so I'm open to just about any suggestions you may have.
So...youre looking for a watch around the 7k mark? Dress? Sport? There's lots to say here, but we may need a bit more discrimination
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 6 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 3 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 7 minutes ago
- › Dior Homme leather bomber from AW05 "In the Morning" sz. 48 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?