Might I ask how big your wrist is? This is probably the only new Rolex I'd consider buying, but it seems awfully big at 42mm. Looks pretty good on you, though.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 10:42 pm in Classic Menswear
- Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com? Last post on 2/1/16 at 9:53am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: Yesterday
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1040
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #15587 of 4824111/19/12 at 2:47pmpost #15588 of 4824111/20/12 at 5:47ampost #15589 of 4824111/20/12 at 6:24ampost #15590 of 4824111/20/12 at 6:36amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Love the black dial RG Daytona. Its definitely my favorite current Daytona on the market!Quote:
The new Explorer 2 is larger than Subs or GMTs, but it doesn't really wear much larger. I have a few Rolex watches that are 40mm, and I thought the Ex2 would look and feel too large, but I really liked it. I think the tapered lugs and bracelet which I believe is 1mm wider than what is on a Sub C, gives it slightly better proportions than the Sub.Quote:
The image of the globe is cool, but I'm just not in love the the Duometre dials.post #15591 of 4824111/20/12 at 9:09am
I agree with you.
Certain companies do certain things very well. JLC does clean, refined, elegance really well. In that sense the reverso and the master control series exemplify the brand, whereas lines like Master Compressor, AMVOX, Navy Seal stuff are a little...whats the word here..pander-y? awful?
Now the Duometre stuff is different still...more haute/impressive/beautiful, but doesnt quite yet capture the real...down-in-the-marrow essence of JLC. For complicated stuff id rather go over to PP or ALS.
And in terms of a globetrotter watch, Id choose a PP or ALS worldtimer, or even NOMOS, or a Rolex GMTpost #15592 of 4824111/20/12 at 9:17ampost #15593 of 4824111/20/12 at 9:19ampost #15594 of 4824111/20/12 at 10:20ampost #15595 of 4824111/20/12 at 10:26ampost #15596 of 4824111/20/12 at 10:45amQuote:
At the time, i had over a dozen high end watches, so i never got attached to them...more like bartering chips. I have a good friend thats also into watches, and if he had something i wanted, i knew i coujld weasel a good deal out of him by letting him borrow a watch i was looking to get rid of. worked like a charmpost #15597 of 4824111/20/12 at 10:47ampost #15598 of 4824111/20/12 at 10:51amQuote:
It probably depends on the watch and the friend. One of my friend's just lent another friend his Cartier Santos Galbee XL. Its his knock around watch, and probably his least expensive watch. The other friend takes good care of things, so he had no worries and again its a pretty basic watch. Whether he would have let the guy borrow one of his more delicate and complicated pieces ...I don't know. Most of my watch friends don't live near me so watch borrowing has never been an issue for me or them.post #15599 of 4824111/20/12 at 7:33pm
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 18 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › does everyone here have a full head of hair? any bald people? 11 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 18 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 19 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 22 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...