Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 1:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:29 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 1039post #15572 of 4831211/18/12 at 7:17amQuote:Originally Posted by Dino944
Yes, I had already seen there website. There was nothing to support your belief , "[That] their movements are used in all sorts of high-end watches."
I did find someone site with a person asking if their Kenneth Cole watch used a Sea-Gull movement, but Kenneth Cole is very far from being a high end watch company.
I had heard this as a rumor. Hence my question of whether it was legitimate. I'm sure the really good knock-offs that you'd get in China use the movements.post #15573 of 4831211/18/12 at 7:49amIts not a fake unless you consider what BP sells to be fakes. I just did a cursory internet search and used that picture, but if you do the same you will see that that is how the BP FF looks like.
I take it from your conclusion that you note the startling similarity in movement ?post #15574 of 4831211/18/12 at 7:55amPlease, not all watches in China from 10 RMB to 1000,000 RMB (eg the BWAF Cloisonne bridge tourbillon) are one and the same. Are Swatches and a Dufour Simplicity identical simply because they come from Switz ?
Do you know how much a Sea-Gull tourb movement costs ? The knock-offs use much cheaper tourbillon movements like the PTS and Liaoning. Incidentally the British Horological Institute used that same movement in their anniversary watch. http://www.bhi.co.uk/bhi-flying-tourbillon
Have a look at these articles -
note the tourbillon clocks, Sea-Gull sapphire dial tourbillon and Beijing Cloisonne bridge tourbillonpost #15575 of 4831211/18/12 at 7:56amQuote:Originally Posted by ~ B ~
Its not a fake unless you consider what BP sells to be fakes. I just did a cursory internet search and used that picture, but if you do the same you will see that that is how the BP FF looks like.
I take it from your conclusion that you note the startling similarity in movement ?
I took dopey's comment to be that: Diving Watch + Tourbillon =post #15576 of 4831211/18/12 at 7:59amfrom the website pics, which i assume are accurate depictions of real life, those Sea Gulls look terrible (edit - at least if they're comparing themselves to the marques mentioned). it reminds me of a Chinese automaker getting a hold of a BMW X5 or Porsche Cayenne and producing a shitty copy of itpost #15577 of 4831211/18/12 at 8:24ampost #15578 of 4831211/18/12 at 8:35ampost #15579 of 4831211/18/12 at 9:38ampost #15580 of 4831211/18/12 at 9:44ampost #15581 of 4831211/18/12 at 10:03ampost #15582 of 4831211/18/12 at 11:24ampost #15583 of 4831211/18/12 at 12:24pmpost #15584 of 4831211/19/12 at 6:21ampost #15585 of 4831211/19/12 at 6:30am
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › Sartoria Partenopea wool reversible blazer 50 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 10 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...