Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 2:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com? Last post on 2/1/16 at 9:53am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 955post #14311 of 482699/28/12 at 8:43am
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #14312 of 482699/28/12 at 9:25ampost #14313 of 482699/28/12 at 9:54ampost #14314 of 482699/28/12 at 10:11amQuote:Originally Posted by medtech_expat
So I'm minding my business on a crisp Parisian afternoon when I pass by the Wempe windows. Lo and behold, the new Lange Datograph! I was lukewarm from pics, but in the metal this is one outstanding timepiece. The dial is clean, balanced, and I like the addition of the power reserve. While they enlarged the case to 41mm, the thickness is a good counterbalance and it actually wears very similar to its little brother, my 1815 chronograph.
Might the new Dato be the very best chronograph in the world? I think there's a reasonable claim to be made...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The dial is a big improvement. I always found it messy with a mix of Romans, stick markers, and Arabic numerals. It looks cleaner and more attractive now that that Romans are gone. Its a great watch with a beautiful movements, still, to be honest I just don't love this watch. The only watch they make that I really like is the Lange 1...now thats a beautiful and ground breaking design.
Thank you. I've looked at ROs for years before finally being ready to pull the trigger. I'm thrilled with it!Quote:
I think it was LRJcustom that was interested in the price of the Daytona. Good choice by your Boss. The Daytona is a really nice watch.post #14315 of 482699/28/12 at 10:27ampost #14316 of 482699/28/12 at 11:08ampost #14317 of 482699/28/12 at 12:10pmpost #14318 of 482699/28/12 at 1:09pmpost #14319 of 482699/28/12 at 1:11pmpost #14320 of 482699/28/12 at 1:25pmpost #14321 of 482699/28/12 at 2:57pmpost #14322 of 482699/28/12 at 3:33pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by medtech_expat
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)So I'm minding my business on a crisp Parisian afternoon when I pass by the Wempe windows. Lo and behold, the new Lange Datograph! I was lukewarm from pics, but in the metal this is one outstanding timepiece. The dial is clean, balanced, and I like the addition of the power reserve. While they enlarged the case to 41mm, the thickness is a good counterbalance and it actually wears very similar to its little brother, my 1815 chronograph.
Might the new Dato be the very best chronograph in the world? I think there's a reasonable claim to be made...Quote:
I have a soft spot for the depth of the double split movement personally - click for bigginesspost #14323 of 482699/28/12 at 4:04pmpost #14324 of 482699/28/12 at 4:06pm
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 34 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...