or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 943  

post #14131 of 48312
all 3 looking good, gents.
post #14132 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

lol8[1].gif
if you do SS i am getting you that watch. lovely longines btw.
very nice.
+1, have not seen many here, they make plenty of great watches.
frown.gif

Thank you both! I also really like their watches - especially the Tradition and Le Réveil du Tsar. ...and of course all Tourbillons smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Wearing this one today.

Very nice watch - enjoy!
post #14133 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-K-L View Post

Thank you both! I also really like their watches - especially the Tradition and Le Réveil du Tsar. ...and of course all Tourbillons smile.gif

i just saw about a half dozen or more of their tourbillons at the nyc boutique. amazing.
post #14134 of 48312
If anyone has not seen this report on Hodinkee, it is definitely worth a look:

http://www.hodinkee.com/patek-philippe-5204-title-here-live-pics

Just about as close to my ideal watch as it gets, at least out of the non-independents.

post #14135 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Wearing this one today.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

That strap works too. I really like that.
post #14136 of 48312
newcomer - that is a nice one, for sure.
post #14137 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster View Post


That strap works too. I really like that.

That's the standard strap for the Aquanaut.  Patek did a nice job with the strap, its texture/pattern is inspired by the dial.   

post #14138 of 48312
I want.
post #14139 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

If anyone has not seen this report on Hodinkee, it is definitely worth a look:

http://www.hodinkee.com/patek-philippe-5204-title-here-live-pics

Just about as close to my ideal watch as it gets, at least out of the non-independents.


+1
post #14140 of 48312
Yesterday's watch- still in bed so haven't decided what to wear today

Ps just changed the strap to blue-black...I think it looks stunning - and certainly more wearable now

mapusy4a.jpge6emy8eh.jpgeqamebut.jpg
post #14141 of 48312
looks beautiful as usual.
post #14142 of 48312
Amazing page!
post #14143 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

newcomer - that is a nice one, for sure.

I think if I was ever to spend that much money on a watch, it would probably be something of that ilk. Still not convinced by a Tourby. Unless it was hidden satisfied.gif.

Patek sure has a way of packing a bunch of complications in a watch absolutely effortlessly. Split second chrono, day/night, time, moonphase, perpetual calendar. What more can a WIS want! Not quite sure how I feel about the luminescence I guess, but that is about it.
post #14144 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

I think if I was ever to spend that much money on a watch, it would probably be something of that ilk. Still not convinced by a Tourby. Unless it was hidden satisfied.gif.
Patek sure has a way of packing a bunch of complications in a watch absolutely effortlessly. Split second chrono, day/night, time, moonphase, perpetual calendar. What more can a WIS want! Not quite sure how I feel about the luminescence I guess, but that is about it.

if i remember correctly, all the patek tourbs are covered by the dial in the front, something about exposure to the sun i think.

but if i ever get a tourb, it will be fully exposed for all to see. nod[1].gif
post #14145 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by depechedior View Post

Yesterday's watch- still in bed so haven't decided what to wear today
Ps just changed the strap to blue-black...I think it looks stunning - and certainly more wearable now
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Great watch!  I think it looks even better on the black strap. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)