or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 94  

post #1396 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
The 'Big Ingeniuer', on the other hand, is an awful, awful abomination. It represents everything wrong with IWC today.


The one with the ceramic bezel & horrible dial is also bad.
post #1397 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSW View Post
So many beautiful watches, no money to buy them all.

fixed! So instead, I spent $13 on a Timex wind up. This is the cheapest of cheap pr0n, I suppose. Need a new band for it:

post #1398 of 48312
As long as we're talking about nice cheapies; here's one a friend of mine bought in Berlin, it's a big one, 47mm lug-to-lug:
post #1399 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by migo View Post
fixed! So instead, I spent $13 on a Timex wind up. This is the cheapest of cheap pr0n, I suppose. Need a new band for it:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41...o/IMGP2871.jpg

As an FYI, a number of brands you can find at Kohls and Walmart (eg Armitron & Timex) now have mechanical and automatic watches, a number of them running Seagull/Tianjin movements. The ST17 automatic and the ST19 column wheel chronometre. Bang for the buck is tremendous- especially for teh ST19. Iif you don't mind the brand name, you can get for under US$100 an improved, Venus 175 (iirc) tooling-derived column wheel chrono that has been known to be very accurate and reliable.

Mafoofan, that IWC pic is, uhm, lurid . Nice.
post #1400 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre View Post
Mafoofan, that IWC pic is, uhm, lurid . Nice.

You weren't there to see what happened afterward.
post #1401 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre View Post
As an FYI, a number of brands you can find at Kohls and Walmart (eg Armitron & Timex) now have mechanical and automatic watches, a number of them running Seagull/Tianjin movements. The ST17 automatic and the ST19 column wheel chronometre. Bang for the buck is tremendous- especially for teh ST19. Iif you don't mind the brand name, you can get for under US$100 an improved, Venus 175 (iirc) tooling-derived column wheel chrono that has been known to be very accurate and reliable.

At Kohls and Walmart? Damn...
post #1402 of 48312
I MAY have posted it ages ago. If so, sorry; here it is again for the noubs. I got this off ebay for 80$ 5 years ago. Big honkin 44mm case. Money left over for artwork and the retirement fund.

post #1403 of 48312
Thread Starter 
I kinda like it. Seems inspired by the JLC Polaris but not a knock-off either
post #1404 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
You weren't there to see what happened afterward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post
At Kohls and Walmart? Damn...
Yep. http://forums.watchuseek.com/showpos...3&postcount=13 http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=91035 For example, this one - open heart automatic, date & power reserve. There are many weird faux-German/Swiss brands popping up (eg Auguste Galan) that are actually using pretty good movements from Tianjin, some with rather nice complications. The only challenge can be working out what movement is inside, usually they use the export code rather than movement name.
post #1405 of 48312
I'm so looking fw to going over this thread. Heres my latest watch: I only know Longines anno 1958 automatic; personally I find it cool cause of the seconds display w/o a date..!

post #1406 of 48312
Thread Starter 
Jerome - that's a great looking 1958 automatic Longines that you have here!
post #1407 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
I'm so looking fw to going over this thread. Heres my latest watch: I only know Longines anno 1958 automatic; personally I find it cool cause of the seconds display w/o a date..!


Nice shirt and links. The watch, meh. Two compliment limit.
post #1408 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by migo View Post
fixed! So instead, I spent $13 on a Timex wind up. This is the cheapest of cheap pr0n, I suppose. Need a new band for it:


This dial looks like the Glashutte 'retro' inspired watch discussed on this thread a few weeks ago. That sucka was a $5K watch.
post #1409 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustapha View Post
Nice shirt and links. The watch, meh. Two compliment limit.
I like me ol watch there...... (though maybe the cufflinks are worth more...)
post #1410 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
I'm so looking fw to going over this thread. Heres my latest watch: I only know Longines anno 1958 automatic; personally I find it cool cause of the seconds display w/o a date..!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t/P3070113.jpg


Nice and simple, I like it
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)