not unusual, i have experienced the same in certain places. i hope they are are cool with it at this event.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 3/28/13 at 6:29am in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Today at 7:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com? Last post on 2/1/16 at 9:53am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: Today
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 930post #13936 of 482029/10/12 at 1:40pm
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #13937 of 482029/10/12 at 2:15pmpost #13938 of 482029/10/12 at 2:25pmpost #13939 of 482029/10/12 at 2:41pmpost #13940 of 482029/10/12 at 3:32pmpost #13941 of 482029/10/12 at 3:51pmThat Reverso is gorgeous, I really like the look of the brown Fagliano strap. I always thought the black-strapped version looked a bit unorthodox (I guess I just don't like black for what seems to be a very casual looking watch strap), but the brown really ties the whole look together. I really hope I can get my hands on a Reverso one day.
And that is a lovely Hamilton, an excellent choice for your first automatic. Slightly reminiscent of the GO Senator Sixties, in my most humble of opinions.
Also, some great watches that have been posted lately. Truly, this has been one of the threak's golden eras.post #13942 of 482029/10/12 at 5:06pmpost #13943 of 482029/10/12 at 6:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
Yesterday was a great watch porn day.
Went to wempe, and the breguet flagship boutique in NYC. An amazing minute repeater at breguet being the highlight, just wow. Also never saw so many tourbs in day.
Met up with dopey and gdl. Dopey was wearing a vintage omega. gdl was wearing his watch from the OP, and was kind enough to let me take this homage pic.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
he even let my wear it myself and take my own pic. I chose a steak backdrop.
Sounds like a great day Stitches. I know I always enjoy taking a look at few watches and talking about them with a few people who share the same interest.post #13944 of 482029/10/12 at 7:12pmpost #13945 of 482029/10/12 at 7:45pmpost #13946 of 482029/10/12 at 7:53pmQuote:
i can neither confirm or deny these allegations.Quote:
exactly. i was really lucky in that all the SAs i spoke to had a genuine interest in watches, and watch making. despite knowing i had no intention of making a purchase, they were all all very gracious with their time even offering to show me things i didnt ask to see. the breguet lady even offered me a loupe to scope out the skeletonized tourb, the guilloche dials, and the movements through the case back. it was a wonderful experience.post #13947 of 482029/10/12 at 9:47pmpost #13948 of 482029/11/12 at 8:23amQuote:
Hey Stitch, sorry no photos. It just seemed like it would not have been a good opportunity, since it was indoors at night and they had a professional photographer using a flash and I didn't want to annoy him or the boutique director. They did have some great watches, Astrotourbillon, Skeleton Santos Dumont (in white gold and carbon coated titanium), Rotonde Tourbillon, Calibre Perpetual Calendar, Pasha Skeleton Tourbillon, Rotonde Perpetual Calendar and several other great pieces. If anyone is in Boston they should check out these watches while they are still at the boutique (they will be there until Sunday). My only issue with some of their pieces, is that on the automatic watches, I really felt for the price they cost they should have a rotor made of precious metal.Quote:Originally Posted by Jt787
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Congrats and enjoy!post #13949 of 482029/11/12 at 9:48amQuote:Originally Posted by Dino944
Hey Stitch, sorry no photos. It just seemed like it would not have been a good opportunity, since it was indoors at night and they had a professional photographer using a flash and I didn't want to annoy him or the boutique director. They did have some great watches, Astrotourbillon, Skeleton Santos Dumont (in white gold and carbon coated titanium), Rotonde Tourbillon, Calibre Perpetual Calendar, Pasha Skeleton Tourbillon, Rotonde Perpetual Calendar and several other great pieces. If anyone is in Boston they should check out these watches while they are still at the boutique (they will be there until Sunday). My only issue with some of their pieces, is that on the automatic watches, I really felt for the price they cost they should have a rotor made of precious metal.
no worries. glad you had a good time. sounds like pr0n heaven. and yes, precious metal rotors are a nice extra touch and often really should be done as standard at a certain price point, at least imo.post #13950 of 482029/11/12 at 12:25pmI really wish I could attend this. If anyone goes, can you post pics?
http://leffot.com/2012/09/08/vintage-rolex-pop-up-scotch-watch/Quote:Vintage Rolex Pop-up: “Scotch & Watch”
We invite you to join us for an exclusive retrospective of Vintage Rolex timepieces from the 1960′s to 1980′s.
If you’re a watch enthusiast you won’t want to miss the killer selection of Vintage Rolexes that expert Reg Brack has curated for this event.
Friday evening’s “Scotch & Watch” beverages are sponsored through the generosity of The Balvenie. We will be featuring a tasting of three handcrafted single malts, Double Wood 12 yr, Caribbean Cask 14 yr, and Peated Cask 17yr. We hope to see you there.
Scotch & Watch Preview:
Friday, September 14th from 6-8pm
Pop-Up Watch Event:
Saturday, September 15th from 1-7pm
Prices begin in the $3,000s
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Helmut Lang Camel Coat, Size 50 7 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 9 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...