not unusual, i have experienced the same in certain places. i hope they are are cool with it at this event.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCartiertagged by Murlsquirl, 2/28/15
- itemIWC Portuguese Automatic Steel Blue Mens Watch IW500107tagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryJewelry Watchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
- brandLeatherfoottagged by GauchoSF, 7/29/13
- itemNEVER WORN ROLEX SUBMARINER MENS WATCH 116619LBtagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- brandRolextagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- categoryWatchestagged by SYSTEM, 7/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger... Last post on Today at 12:10 am in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- Men's watch at the $5K mark? Last post on 4/5/14 at 6:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Sub-$150 daily beater watch Last post on 7/18/16 at 4:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Poor man's watch thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:32 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 930post #13936 of 483129/10/12 at 1:40pmpost #13937 of 483129/10/12 at 2:15pmpost #13938 of 483129/10/12 at 2:25pmpost #13939 of 483129/10/12 at 2:41pmpost #13940 of 483129/10/12 at 3:32pmpost #13941 of 483129/10/12 at 3:51pmThat Reverso is gorgeous, I really like the look of the brown Fagliano strap. I always thought the black-strapped version looked a bit unorthodox (I guess I just don't like black for what seems to be a very casual looking watch strap), but the brown really ties the whole look together. I really hope I can get my hands on a Reverso one day.
And that is a lovely Hamilton, an excellent choice for your first automatic. Slightly reminiscent of the GO Senator Sixties, in my most humble of opinions.
Also, some great watches that have been posted lately. Truly, this has been one of the threak's golden eras.post #13942 of 483129/10/12 at 5:06pmpost #13943 of 483129/10/12 at 6:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
Yesterday was a great watch porn day.
Went to wempe, and the breguet flagship boutique in NYC. An amazing minute repeater at breguet being the highlight, just wow. Also never saw so many tourbs in day.
Met up with dopey and gdl. Dopey was wearing a vintage omega. gdl was wearing his watch from the OP, and was kind enough to let me take this homage pic.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
he even let my wear it myself and take my own pic. I chose a steak backdrop.
Sounds like a great day Stitches. I know I always enjoy taking a look at few watches and talking about them with a few people who share the same interest.post #13944 of 483129/10/12 at 7:12pmpost #13945 of 483129/10/12 at 7:45pmpost #13946 of 483129/10/12 at 7:53pmQuote:
i can neither confirm or deny these allegations.Quote:
exactly. i was really lucky in that all the SAs i spoke to had a genuine interest in watches, and watch making. despite knowing i had no intention of making a purchase, they were all all very gracious with their time even offering to show me things i didnt ask to see. the breguet lady even offered me a loupe to scope out the skeletonized tourb, the guilloche dials, and the movements through the case back. it was a wonderful experience.post #13947 of 483129/10/12 at 9:47pmpost #13948 of 483129/11/12 at 8:23amQuote:
Hey Stitch, sorry no photos. It just seemed like it would not have been a good opportunity, since it was indoors at night and they had a professional photographer using a flash and I didn't want to annoy him or the boutique director. They did have some great watches, Astrotourbillon, Skeleton Santos Dumont (in white gold and carbon coated titanium), Rotonde Tourbillon, Calibre Perpetual Calendar, Pasha Skeleton Tourbillon, Rotonde Perpetual Calendar and several other great pieces. If anyone is in Boston they should check out these watches while they are still at the boutique (they will be there until Sunday). My only issue with some of their pieces, is that on the automatic watches, I really felt for the price they cost they should have a rotor made of precious metal.Quote:Originally Posted by Jt787
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Congrats and enjoy!post #13949 of 483129/11/12 at 9:48amQuote:Originally Posted by Dino944
Hey Stitch, sorry no photos. It just seemed like it would not have been a good opportunity, since it was indoors at night and they had a professional photographer using a flash and I didn't want to annoy him or the boutique director. They did have some great watches, Astrotourbillon, Skeleton Santos Dumont (in white gold and carbon coated titanium), Rotonde Tourbillon, Calibre Perpetual Calendar, Pasha Skeleton Tourbillon, Rotonde Perpetual Calendar and several other great pieces. If anyone is in Boston they should check out these watches while they are still at the boutique (they will be there until Sunday). My only issue with some of their pieces, is that on the automatic watches, I really felt for the price they cost they should have a rotor made of precious metal.
no worries. glad you had a good time. sounds like pr0n heaven. and yes, precious metal rotors are a nice extra touch and often really should be done as standard at a certain price point, at least imo.post #13950 of 483129/11/12 at 12:25pmI really wish I could attend this. If anyone goes, can you post pics?
http://leffot.com/2012/09/08/vintage-rolex-pop-up-scotch-watch/Quote:Vintage Rolex Pop-up: “Scotch & Watch”
We invite you to join us for an exclusive retrospective of Vintage Rolex timepieces from the 1960′s to 1980′s.
If you’re a watch enthusiast you won’t want to miss the killer selection of Vintage Rolexes that expert Reg Brack has curated for this event.
Friday evening’s “Scotch & Watch” beverages are sponsored through the generosity of The Balvenie. We will be featuring a tasting of three handcrafted single malts, Double Wood 12 yr, Caribbean Cask 14 yr, and Peated Cask 17yr. We hope to see you there.
Scotch & Watch Preview:
Friday, September 14th from 6-8pm
Pop-Up Watch Event:
Saturday, September 15th from 1-7pm
Prices begin in the $3,000s
This thread is locked
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 20 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 21 seconds ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 2 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden x Leffot Cooney Boots - Snuff Suede - 8.5D TTS 7 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...